• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you guys pool together and donate $500+ (show receipts, just blank out your personal information), I won't post in this thread for this month. If you guys pool together and donate $1000+, I won't post in this thread until the West Coast Finals. If you guys pool together and donate $3000, I won't post until next season. If you guys pool together and donate $10000, I won't ever post in any NHL related thread.

*All of these need to be to Canuck Place

I'll kick in $200... in Canadian Tire money.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
fulDo2f.jpg

This sums up "always-on vs Microsoft" quite nicely. That's their creative director. :lol

Since hten he's made his account private so people can't read the tweets anymore LOL. https://twitter.com/adam_orth

If you guys pool together and donate $500+ (show receipts, just blank out your personal information), I won't post in this thread for this month. If you guys pool together and donate $1000+, I won't post in this thread until the West Coast Finals. If you guys pool together and donate $3000+, I won't post until next season. If you guys pool together and donate $10000+, I won't ever post in any NHL related thread on NeoGAF ever again.

itbVDTRqFyL8S.gif

TUSR

Banned
If you guys pool together and donate $500+ (show receipts, just blank out your personal information), I won't post in this thread for this month. If you guys pool together and donate $1000+, I won't post in this thread until the West Coast Finals. If you guys pool together and donate $3000+, I won't post until next season. If you guys pool together and donate $10000+, I won't ever post in any NHL related thread on NeoGAF ever again.

we dont have as much money as your parents do, move your goal posts

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The dude was apparently just busting balls back and forth with a long time friend.

Sure he was. "lol I was just kidding", then makes his twitter account private. He's in late stages of backpedaling and about 24h from being fired.

If you think the Microsoft thread is bad, definately don't go in the Starcraft 2 vs NHL thread.

...wat?

The dude was apparently just busting balls back and forth with a long time friend.
On Twitter. Where everyone can see. During the midst of an absolute shitstorm over the very thing they're busting balls back and forth over.

No.

That's not absolutely stupid at all.

His Twitter posts are probably hidden now because he got a call in the middle of the night from Microsoft with someone yelling:

SHUT THE FUCK UP

SHUT THE FUCK UP

SHUT THE FUCKUP

SummitAve

Banned
On Twitter. Where everyone can see. During the midst of an absolute shitstorm over the very thing they're busting balls back and forth over.

No.

That's not absolutely stupid at all.

His Twitter posts are probably hidden now because he got a call in the middle of the night from Microsoft with someone yelling:

SHUT THE FUCK UP

SHUT THE FUCK UP

SHUT THE FUCKUP

Totally unprofessional, I agree. Still some perspective is nice. People are actually taking it as some sort of personal insult instead of what was supposed to be a tongue in cheek joke.

Totally unprofessional, I agree. Still some perspective is nice. People are actually taking it as some sort of personal insult instead of what was supposed to be a tongue in cheek joke.
It seems smug though. I reads as if he feels that you either play it his way or you don't. Doesn't matter if it's tongue or cheek or not, when you're a senior personnel in a multi-billion dollar global company. You DON'T say ANYTHING that essentially amounts to telling a huge portion of your customers to fuck off. Even if it's jokingly.

SummitAve

Banned
It seems smug though. I reads as if he feels that you either play it his way or you don't. Doesn't matter if it's tongue or cheek or not, when you're a senior personnel in a multi-billion dollar global company. You DON'T say ANYTHING that essentially amounts to telling a huge portion of your customers to fuck off. Even if it's jokingly.

It's something that should have been kept to a private conversation. Even if you are a senior personnel in a multi-billion dollar company you're still allowed to be human, just don't do it where literally everyone can read it.

SummitAve

Banned
Reminds me of one of my favorite Kevin Beverage articles. Pretty sure the satire would fly right over gaming side's head.

Nuclear Launch Detected
The Juche is Loose
By: Internationally renowned games journalist and pundit Kevin Beverage, PhD in Important Topic Contemplation, Harverd Correspondence College and Chiropractor

Like most gamers, the moment I heard about the tragic sinking of the Republic of Korea corvette Cheonan in the contested Yellow Sea, my heart went out to the bereaved survivors in the Blizzard financial department. I had an almost uncanny suspicion that the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea—or North Korea, as we in the industry like to call it—was behind the attack. Such agitation could lead to war, and a war between North and South Korea threatens to take more lives in a week than fan death and LAN center brawls claim annually, and that can’t be good for Blizzard’s bottom line or the longevity of professional StarCraft. With that in mind, I cast a fretful gamer’s eye eastward, and think the unthinkable.

Though I’ve done no research on the topic, I think it’s safe to panic over the thought that of the 10,000-plus DPRK artillery batteries aimed at Seoul, several thousand are probably zeroed-in on any number of e-sports stadiums. And though I’m no expert on military ordinance, I also feel confident in asserting that a 150mm howitzer shell landing in the middle of a StarCraft tournament might be detrimental to even the most focused player’s clicks-per-minute. The damage done to the gaming reputations of Korea’s most famous competitors could be catastrophic. Some experts have put the potential number of Facebook friends lost by affected ‘Craft professionals in the tens of thousands, a staggering number just vague enough to inspire terror without warranting corroboration.

Should their reputations survive the shelling, the threat of compulsory military service looms large for displaced e-thletes. Or at least I’m guessing it does, I can’t really be bothered to look up the Republic of Korea’s stance on military drafting. Nevertheless, I assume that StarCraft experts will be in high demand due to their superhuman logistical prowess and micro skill. Though the possibility of losing an entire generation of ‘Craft experts to war is daunting, one can’t rule out the psyops (psychological operations) benefit to fielding a “gosu” corps of trained StarCraft strategists.

There is a silver lining to this menacing cloud of gaming despair. While the various e-sports stadiums in South Korea, being of immense strategic value, are undoubtedly targeted for immediate devastation by DPRK hardware, the numerous LAN centers scattered throughout the nation will be more difficult—if not impossible--to neutralize. The gaming idealist in me can’t help but choke up imagining the remnants of Korea’s professional StarCraft elite feverishly pounding away at hotkeys amidst the smoldering ruins of their former home cities, desperately seeking meaning for their shattered lives in the warm glow of a monitor screen. The movie rights alone ought to net a hefty sum, hopefully offsetting any financial losses from missed StarCraft 2 sales opportunities. But I’ll leave that for economists to ponder.

Reached for comment on this important man, a man whom I believe to be the Republic of Korea’s Electronic Gaming Commissioner said, through a translator: “Are you f***ing kidding me? Who is this? Don’t call this number again.”

Acid08

Banned
You can just tell 90% of the chodes in that thread have never seen a hockey game nor do they know anything about where the NHL stands.

Durr ESPN doesn't cover it so it probably isn't popular at all.

You can just tell 90% of the chodes in that thread have never seen a hockey game nor do they know anything about where the NHL stands.

Durr ESPN doesn't cover it so it probably isn't popular at all.
I don't think 90% of them have even seen outside their windows in the past 5 years.

Quick

Banned
What a thrill
With darkness and silence through Gaming-Age
What a thrill
I'm searching and I'll melt into you
What a fear in my account
But you're so supreme!

I give my posts
Not for post counts, but for you (SpectreFire)
In my time there'll be no one else
Bans, it's the way I fly to you (SpectreFire)
I'm still in a dream, SpectreFire

Someday you go through the furries,
Someday you feed on NBA-GAF,
It's ordeal, the trial to survive
For the day we see new light

I give my life
Not for post counts, but for you (SpectreFire)
In my time there'll be no one else
Bans, it's the way I fly to you (SpectreFire)
I'm still in a dream, SpectreFire

There was this kid posting on GAF during one of my classes once. I was going to say something but I said fuck it. I know his screen name and he hangs out in weird cliques on GAF (like the weird ones)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom