• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2014 |OT| Waiting for the playoff thread...

pringles

I love when our 4th line scores goals. Sorry Helm, but you're a life long 4th line (maybe sometimes 3rd line) center, but a damn good one.
Wut. Helm is like...one of the best 3rd line centers in the league. It's almost a waste having him play 4th line minutes, but it also gives us awesome depth.

edit: 3-0! Yes yes yes, don't do anything stupid now Detroit, just kill them. We need an easy win.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Wut. Helm is like...one of the best 3rd line centers in the league. It's almost a waste having him play 4th line minutes, but it also gives us awesome depth.
I always see him as a 4th liner just because he doesn't really show consistent enough offensive skill to play with more offensive players. I loved when it was him, miller, and eaves on the 4th line. They were so fast and just ground down the other team. When he gets put up with Franzen, Pavel, or Z, he never does anything.

Hooray Alfie!! 3-0!

pringles

I always see him as a 4th liner just because he doesn't really show consistent enough offensive skill to play with more offensive players. I loved when it was him, miller, and eaves on the 4th line. They were so fast and just ground down the other team. When he gets put up with Franzen, Pavel, or Z, he never does anything.

Hooray Alfie!! 3-0!
True, he rarely plays well with skill guys, compared to Sheahan for example. Helm and Eaves were good but I dig the look of Helm and Glendening more. They're a bit like Draper and Maltby.

Anyway our forward depth is sick right now.. guess that's what happens when you basically bring in an entire line from the AHL that steps in and plays amazing. Who do we even remove when Z gets healthy and what do we do with Weiss...

Solo

Sens have blown 3 goal leads in consecutive games against Montreal.....

L24cy.gif
L24cy.gif
L24cy.gif
L24cy.gif

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
The Sens suck and the refs suck even more.

The NHL has the shittiest refs in the world.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
True, he rarely plays well with skill guys, compared to Sheahan for example. Helm and Eaves were good but I dig the look of Helm and Glendening more. They're a bit like Draper and Maltby.

Anyway our forward depth is sick right now.. guess that's what happens when you basically bring in an entire line from the AHL that steps in and plays amazing. Who do we even remove when Z gets healthy and what do we do with Weiss...
Well Weiss isn't coming back this season (there was a story today about it). Z would replace Glendening most most likely.

As for next season, I hope we don't re-sign Legwand and buy out Weiss (unless Alfie decides to retire).

Z/Pav/Nyquist
Franzen/Weiss/Pulkkinen
Tatar/Sheahan/Jurco
Miller/Helm/Abby
Glendening/Andersson

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Man it has been a while since we got free chicken wings.

Five goals in a row!

GSG Flash

Craig Anderson is pretty shitty this game. Your goalie has to give you a hand at some point, but everything is going straight through him.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What a pile of shit team, can't play hockey so they spend half the game starting shit.

Solo

Patches' next goal will be 38, which is the most a Hab has had since Damphousse and Turgeon in 1995.

GSG Flash

GSG Flash is salty as fuck.

I can understand.

Hey, they're gonna lose anyways, might as well go out with some emotion and beat the shit out of the Habs ;) (I'm being half serious)

Habs have half the shots of Ottawa, 14-28, yet the score is 5-3.

Like he has been many many times this season, Craig Anderson has been a sieve this game.

Solo

That's going back to when you had Stanley Cup stank left on your fingers. Well done.

You have to go back 2 more years, to the Cup win, to get to our last 40 goal man. So yeah, pretty awesome if he can pot 3 more in 4 games.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Ok, I missed the first period, but what's this jokish talk about "well you've got to play Subban now" I've heard during the play by play in the second period, and now again in the intermission.

Solo

Ok, I missed the first period, but what's this jokish talk about "well you've got to play Subban now" I've heard during the play by play in the second period, and now again in the intermission.

-2 in 37 seconds TOI in the first.

Top Bottom