• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2014 |OT| Waiting for the playoff thread...

Acid08

Banned
How would you solve that
Psycho Mantis
puzzle in MGS1 with a Vita though?
There's actually a settings menu when you press on the touch screen for a few seconds. You can change the controller port there. It's also where you change discs.

Marvie_3

Banned
I think we can ditch the 4 person thing too if we have too. Getting 4 people in some nights just isn't going to work so we can roll with less to keep things moving.

jKBo9qC0VifmL.PNG

rzWfs2V.gif

The #RedWings have signed Luke Glendening to a three-year contract extension.

Stone Hands Luke with a 3 year extension, doubt it would be for much but I'll take it. Guy has pretty much 0 offense at the NHL level but he is a dang hard worker and one of the best defensive forwards around, great on the PK and on the faceoffs and pesters the other team quite well. This is pretty much Bab's new Cleary, but younger and faster and not actually you know... Cleary.

Then it's a good thing I'm not Forza. Or anybody's alt.

That's just what a Forza alt would want us to think

Another Forza alt, they are everywhere!!!

People were making fun of Bryzgalov's not-so-great mask before so I figured I'd post his new one he just got. Can't really see it all that well but here is what I've found so far:

Bkd8NVeCQAARbqU.jpg

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!

:(

Also, the Habs look really good right now. I think they'll make some noise in the playoffs, but the playoffs are so damn unpredictable.

I think both the Wings and Leafs(even with Reimer) are gonna make the playoffs as well. Columbus is inconsistent, Washington looks like they're done for the season, and NJ's late season heroics are too little too late IMO.

yyzjohn

Banned

Also, the Habs look really good right now. I think they'll make some noise in the playoffs, but the playoffs are so damn unpredictable.

I think both the Wings and Leafs(even with Reimer) are gonna make the playoffs as well. Columbus is inconsistent, Washington looks like they're done for the season, and NJ's late season heroics are too little too late IMO.

You realize the Leafs can't lose a game and still might not make it right?

GSG Flash

You realize the Leafs can't lose a game and still might not make it right?

The Leafs have an easier schedule than the BJs IMO

Dunno, just my gut feeling based on the past few days :p

edit: Also, Philoops is officially one of the 5 worst regular defencemen in the league:

From the 6thSens and HF said:
Out of 194 defencemen who've played 500+ minutes, Chris Phillips is 190 out of 194 in goals allowed per 60 minutes of ice-time.

he's also 146th out of 148 defencemen in shots allowed per 20 minutes of 5v5 ice-time

:mad:

Samyy

I don't think we beat the Jets tonight, and we definitely lose to the Bolts on Tuesday.

GSG Flash

I don't think we beat the Jets tonight, and we definitely lose to the Bolts on Tuesday.

The Sens beat the Jets recently, just think about that

I don't think they'll be a problem for you guys ;)

I just looked at the Devils schedule and it's actually pretty easy too. It's gonna be a close finish.

Samyy

Every single game the Leafs have left is winnable. They have a 2-1 record over Tampa this season, and apparently they've been playing worse since clinching.

Question is whether the Leafs will show up.

This is the thing, how many games have the Leafs lost to Florida and Buffalo? They don't show up to winnable games.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I don't expect the leafs to win out or the BJs to lose 2 more

I'd like to be surprised but I'm fairly sure we are missing the playoffs

pringles

Just realized that if things stay this way, Detroit would be playing Pittsburgh 1st round, and if they win they get Philly/NYR 2nd round and not Boston like they would in the old format...

I like our chances.

Samyy

Just realized that if things stay this way, Detroit would be playing Pittsburgh 1st round, and if they win they get Philly/NYR 2nd round and not Boston like they would in the old format...

I like our chances.

I actually like Detroit's chances against Pittsburg, especially with Zetterburg and Datsuyk back, as long as Nyquist stays healthy. Those three can carry you.

I don't expect the leafs to win out or the BJs to lose 2 more

I'd like to be surprised but I'm fairly sure we are missing the playoffs

Yeah. I'm expecting that we won't. It would be a nice surprise if we did, but I've bought into the 'miss the playoffs, fire the coach, and move on' bandwagon.

Samyy

I thought we could 3-0-1 and still make it under some conditions (that don't involve an entire team being struck dead).

Thats if Columbus only wins 2 of their next 5. If they win 3 of the next 5, and leafs go 3-0-1, we'll have the same # of points and Columbus wins the tie breaker.

I actually like Detroit's chances against Pittsburg, especially with Zetterburg and Datsuyk back, as long as Nyquist stays healthy. Those three can carry you.

Zetterberg has said that he would only be able to come back if Detroit managed to get deep in the playoffs.

Still like Detroit's chances with Datsyuk and Nyquist.

Samyy

Pavelec is playing and Evander Kane is scratched.
Auto Loss for Leafs

Aki Berg at Leafs practice, another bad omen.

Top Bottom