• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2014 |OT| Waiting for the playoff thread...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I am not sure why you would go after a new hockey operations guy if you aren't planning on shaking up the front office. I don't think you do that if you just want to let go of a coach.

I'm sure the thought would be Shanahan takes the job and sets up the hockey ops as he sees fit. What he chooses is what goes.

Samyy

If this means they'll clean house, I am totally on board.
Poulin deserves to be fired based on his comments to media alone. Either he's a buffoon and doesn't know jack shit or he thinks we're all idiots, its painful to hear him talk, really.

Really considering jumping on to HS for their playoffs deal....

zroid

Banned
I'm sure the thought would be Shanahan takes the job and sets up the hockey ops as he sees fit. What he chooses is what goes.

Agreed, although when he's hired, I'm sure it would be understood that the status quo is not expected to be maintained.

Giggzy

Call it, Dastardly.

ibaxj9iAGnUSuv.gif

A for Anaheim
A for Australia
A for...Real American

This Avengers scene is so versatile.

A for Amazing

Roflobear

The only reason I'm using GCL over hockeystreams currently is because I can't stream hockeystreams to my tv, and I'd rather watch the games on a 55" screen then my shitty 17" laptop screen.

Can you watch all the streams on mobile/iPad or is it not as fully featured on mobile?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Can you watch all the streams on mobile/iPad or is it not as fully featured on mobile?
Yea, you can watch it on mobile / iPad, it's very good quality and doesn't stutter much. I use it on my phone all the time if I'm out while a game is on, and it looks great on iPads.

Red_Man

McGuire said Bishop is okay and should be ready to play for the playoffs.

Edit: Bob McKenzie has Boston for Vezina with Varlamov in 2nd and Price / Bishop in 3rd from GM polls. How is Varlamov a head of either Bishop or Price? If it wasn't for Bishop or Price, both Tampa and Montreal would be in the bottom.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, just bought a prostock Easton V9E hockey stick for only 150. I'm never going to learn.
Your other stick will get jelly and then when you switch back to it you'll miss 7 glorious scoring chances like I did... Then I went back to my other stick and popped in 2 goals and an assist last game.

Quick

Banned

Edit: Bob McKenzie has Boston for Vezina with Varlamov in 2nd and Price / Bishop in 3rd from GM polls. How is Varlamov a head of either Bishop or Price? If it wasn't for Bishop or Price, both Tampa and Montreal would be in the bottom.

Who'd have thought Varlamov would beat them?

Roflobear

Yea, you can watch it on mobile / iPad, it's very good quality and doesn't stutter much. I use it on my phone all the time if I'm out while a game is on, and it looks great on iPads.

Thanks for the info. I guess I'm going hockeystreams for next season

Uhhhhh not sure if you've seen Giguere or Berra play for us.

Red_Man

Uhhhhh not sure if you've seen Giguere or Berra play for us.
Colorado is still a better team with a much better offense than Montreal or Tampa. They have a chance at the conference title, it's pretty obvious how much more Bishop / Price mean to their teams.

Thanks for the info. I guess I'm going hockeystreams for next season
How do you plan on watching it? Just on a computer / iPad? I know there's ways of streaming it to tv's but my laptop is too shitty to do it.

Colorado is still a better team with a much better offense than Montreal or Tampa. They have a chance at the conference title, it's pretty obvious how much more Bishop / Price mean to their teams.

With how many 1 goal games we've been party to this year, and how many times Varlamov has bailed us out of those 1 goal games, I disagree.

Roflobear

How do you plan on watching it? Just on a computer / iPad? I know there's ways of streaming it to tv's but my laptop is too shitty to do it.

Yea mostly on my laptop and iPad. If there's good way to use it on the 360/PS3 I'd probably take advantage of that too

Overcompensating for Eastern bias.

There's a Roku Hockeystreams app that works pretty well. If you have an AppleTV you can AirPlay it.

It's funny how people predicted the Avs to finish in the basement with their terrible defense, then when it comes to awards they argue, "Oh but they are a better team so he doesn't deserve this award!" Varlamov has faced the most shots in the league, has the most wins and a better save percentage than Price. Rask is the clear cut winner, but Varlamov should be second.

It's funny how people predicted the Avs to finish in the basement with their terrible defense, then when it comes to awards they argue, "Oh but they are a better team so he doesn't deserve this award!" Varlamov has faced the most shots in the league, has the most wins and a better save percentage than Price. Rask is the clear cut winner, but Varlamov should be second.

Nah price got dat gold bro that's a straight shot to second at the very least

Red_Man

Hopefully Murray and Handzus run into each other and take each other tonight.

There's a Roku Hockeystreams app that works pretty well. If you have an AppleTV you can AirPlay it.
My buddy has one I might take off him and do that for next year. I only have GCL now because they renewed my membership on a prepaid credit card :lol

Just look at Colorado's defense.
You do realize that Bouillon has been on our top pairing and in our top 4 for more than half the season right? Murray gets major ice time as well. Neither of those guys are NHL defenseman anymore. Purely on quality of goalie play, I don't know anyone who would say Varlamov is better than Price. Doesn't really matter as Rask will win anyways.

You do realize that Bouillon has been on our top pairing and in our top 4 for more than half the season right? Murray gets major ice time as well. Neither of those guys are NHL defenseman anymore. Purely on quality of goalie play, I don't know anyone who would say Varlamov is better than Price. Doesn't really matter as Rask will win anyways.

Varlamov has performed better than Price this season.

Red_Man

Voters aren't suppose to take Olympic performances into consideration which seems kind of dumb and unavoidable. Not just with goalies, but guys like Doughty, Kopitar, Toews, etc.

Varlamov has performed better than Price this season.
This debate would never end, we'll just agree to disagree.

Acid08

Banned
Don't see how anyone can argue with this. Price is just Red's homer pick so I wouldn't put too much stock into what he says.

ZeroGravity

Come back to me when your goaltender carries an entire team for over half a season after you lose the best goal scorer in the game.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Varlamov>Price this season based on the stats. I haven't seen him play enough, but I'd put him ahead. I'd put Price slightly ahead of Bishop based on the shots faced in fewer minutes.

Voters aren't suppose to take Olympic performances into consideration which seems kind of dumb and unavoidable. Not just with goalies, but guys like Doughty, Kopitar, Toews, etc.

This debate would never end, we'll just agree to disagree.

It's not a debate though, the stats are there and you're choosing to ignore them.

edit: ...tonight we are all detroit not making it into the playoffs

That's as far as I'll go with it.

Red_Man

It's not a debate though, the stats are there and you're choosing to ignore them.
Using wins as a goalie stat is stupid and he has a .02 better save % with one of if not the best team in the west. How many people would swap Price for Varlamov? Even Cooper said he's the premier goalie in the league, along with guys like Babcock, McGuire, Friedman. It's not just a numbers game, Price has kept the Habs in more games than he hasn't. He is this team. Likewise with Bishop in Tampa.

I'll leave it at that, like I said we're not going to agree on it, and it's going to Rask regardless.

Bishop = Rask > Varlamov > Price, IMO.

Bishop or Rask should get it. Rask has been technically better, but Bishop held a team in there that was a lot more injured and has a lot poorer defense. I lean toward Bishop, personally.

I am not sure why you would go after a new hockey operations guy if you aren't planning on shaking up the front office. I don't think you do that if you just want to let go of a coach.

It could just be a Linden-esque attempt to placate the discontented fan base... but I really hope it's a full revamp of the club.

Top Bottom