• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2014 |OT| Waiting for the playoff thread...

Acid08

Banned
Sounds like the Sharks are going to RELEASE THE BRACKEN with Kearns getting called up and likely playing. I'm guessing Havlat sits tonight.

Curufinwe

I don't expect them to improve much next season either, but the chances are about 60% that they finish with the 4th pick this year and 10% that they get the 1st overall. That's tough to give up.

Call me a negative nancy but I think this is gonna end up hurting Linden's reputation in the community with how intense the media/fan scrutiny is.

If Linden wanted to preserve his reputation he wouldn't have taken any hockey management job.

The President is normally more removed from public scrutiny. The GM will be the face of success/failure.

Also this. It's good PR but he will be more of a background player.

We got this *fist-bump*.

Ducks-age - ASSEMBLE!

Personally, I hope Gibson gets the nod. I'm certain he's gonna play lights out if the D played anything like they did in Vancouver.

"Mum please let me watch Mr Ass lay some smackdown! PLEEEASE!"

The Quick seat on the Duckswagon is ready for the outline of your butt.

I want the Bolts or the Habs to win in the East. Whoever wins that has my sword. It would be the Islanders... If they made it.

tumblr_lu7wt4hVsk1qjlx7g.gif

Checking in, Ducks-Age

Roflobear

What are the big differences between hockeystreams and gamecenter? This is what I've come up with so far:

Hockeystreams:

Less lag
Cheaper
More leagues to watch
No blackouts

Gamecenter:

Much higher picture quality
Better support for non-computer devices
Can be logged in at the same time on the same account with someone else

Am I missing anything else? I like the cheaper price of hockeystreams but I want high quality streams. How bad/good are hockeystreams picture quality?

What are the big differences between hockeystreams and gamecenter? This is what I've come up with so far:

Hockeystreams:

Less lag
Cheaper
More leagues to watch
No blackouts

Gamecenter:

Am I missing anything else? I like the cheaper price of hockeystreams but I want high quality streams. How bad/good are hockeystreams picture quality?

Not sure where you got the idea that GC has a better picture. HS is on par with image quality and runs at a higher framerate. It is also as close to a live feed as you can get for live games, but it has a DVR mode for rewinding if you want that instead.

ZeroGravity

Bishop is out for the rest of the regular season and will be reassessed before the start of the playoffs. So there's at least hope.

Roflobear

Not sure where you got the idea that GC has a better picture. HS is on par with image quality and runs at a higher framerate. It is also as close to a live feed as you can get for live games, but it has a DVR mode for rewinding if you want that instead.

Oh really? I looked at some sites that said hockeystreams quality was on par with free streams and gamecenter was closer to hd. If that's not the case then hockeystreams seems like the clear cut way to go

Oh really? I looked at some sites that said hockeystreams quality was on par with free streams and gamecenter was closer to hd. If that's not the case then hockeystreams seems like the clear cut way to go

Yeah those sites were bullshitting, HS looks great. I used GC in the past and it looks about the same but smoother.

Merguson

Banned
How long are those highlights and/or condensed games? How does HockeyStreams condense the games? No commercials?

I tried HockeyStreams out for a month but never bothered to check that out. Totally forgot about that.

Acid08

Banned
How long are those highlights and/or condensed games? How does HockeyStreams condense the games? No commercials?

I tried HockeyStreams out for a month but never bothered to check that out. Totally forgot about that.
The condensed games are usually 11-12 minutes long. They show all the goals, replays of the goals, and other highlights. No commercials on them.

Highlights are free, you can check them out on NHL.com. Usually 4-5 minutes.

Condensed games run around 30 minutes I think or maybe it's 15.

They both seem to be exactly the same as what the NHL offers on game center.

kingslunk

The Ducks can clinch the division if they win in any fashion tonight. Basically, we have to win tonight to keep this crazy dream alive!

Looks like Gibson is starting, not surprising at all. At least he already got his first win and shutout. AND TONIGHT HIS FIRST LOSS.

Acid are the sharks going to show up against the coyotes this weekend?

pringles

Hockeystreams:

Less lag
Cheaper
More leagues to watch
No blackouts

Gamecenter:

I don't know about GC but HS has an amazing system for watching games on demand.

Giggzy

So gibbo is in net? Thank you BoudreauX.

I feel more confident with a 20 year old playing his 2nd NHL game then I do with Hiller in net. Also, the fact that he is starting over Hiller in a division winning matchup says a lot.

Acid08

Banned
Lol our bottom six tonight seems like it'll be some straight up doodoo butter.

Hertl was taking line rushes in practice though..............

Heretic

So gibbo is in net? Thank you BoudreauX.

I feel more confident with a 20 year old playing his 2nd NHL game then I do with Hiller in net. Also, the fact that he is starting over Hiller in a division winning matchup says a lot.

Apparently it's still undecided

Quick

Banned
Call it, Dastardly.

ibaxj9iAGnUSuv.gif

A for Anaheim
A for Australia
A for...Real American

This Avengers scene is so versatile.

SpacLock

So what are the odds that we fail to get a point in the remaining 3 games while NJ and/or Washington win out? Slim? Because I'm nervous as all get out that this will happen.

I think we need to put in some good effort these next three games and we'll be OK. If we make it in I'm feeling confident about our chances to grind out a round against Pittsburgh, and if that happens + the return on Zetterberg in the second round we could have a pretty good group on our hands. Either way, it's all about getting these young guys some play off experience.

Looks like Letang, Crosby, and Kunitz are all back today... Lovely

Just play to get that point and we can breathe easy until the playoffs please!! Though we looked terrible yesterday so I doubt we'll look much different.

President of the Leafs.

Shanaban everyone from the Leafs!

McKenzie indicating that an offer has been made. Shananbuanhan will be in the 'top position for hockey ops'.

Shannahbbnan? I guess it's better to have a guy like that as your brand ambassador people like Burke or Nonis.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I currently have both Hockeystreams and GCL. Whoever told you about the quality of Hockeystreams being bad is full of shit, all the streams are HD and 60 FPS. GCL is also fantastic quality, but has a 2-3 min delay, and the full replays aren't instantly available. Hockeystreams lets you watch any game on demand instantly, and also includes every hockey event, including draft coverage, world juniors, free agency, etc. No blackouts for Hockeystreams but you can use ways to get around it in GCL too. The only reason I'm using GCL over hockeystreams currently is because I can't stream hockeystreams to my tv, and I'd rather watch the games on a 55" screen then my shitty 17" laptop screen.

/Smileysellpitch

Call it, Dastardly.

ibaxj9iAGnUSuv.gif

A for Anaheim
A for Australia
A for...Real American

This Avengers scene is so versatile.
#Cup4Koivu

Alucard

Banned
Letang expected to start tonight for the first time since January. I also hope Malkin and Crosby will be healthy enough for the playoffs. It's that time of year again. Woo.

zroid

Banned
I am not sure why you would go after a new hockey operations guy if you aren't planning on shaking up the front office. I don't think you do that if you just want to let go of a coach.

Top Bottom