• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2014 |OT| Waiting for the playoff thread...

Giggzy

So pumped for tonight's game. More so now that St. Louis lost again. I think I'll just leave work and camp outside the arena.

LETS DO THIS ACID. WHO WILL BE EJACULATING FIRST TONIGHT?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Watched Wrestling a lot in the 80s. I kept up with it pretty much until Owen Hart died. Andre the Giant cracking skulls was good times.

Just bought tickets to the last regular season game for the Bruins agst the Sabres this Saturday when I'm at PAX.

Can't freaking wait. I've been to an Avs game when I was young as I use to live in Colorado but I haven't been to any other team with the exception of the Stars (of course)

I'm stoked. I also find it weird that I'm missing the last home game for the Stars reg season to go to PAX but getting to see the last home game for the Bruins in the reg season.

Also got some nice lower bowl seats for that Bruins game. Holy shit at ticket prices for in market teams. The price difference is bonkers.

If we do get the division it's definitely going to be hard earned with the end of this schedule.

edit: We only need to tie STL in points assuming they don't win another regular season game.

Avs would win if they tied Blues in points regardless I believe. ROW is 43-46 (STL-COL) with both teams having 3 games left. Avs need 2 points over Blues, so there's no way where we catch up in ROW but don't overtake the Avs in points.

If the Avs take the conference with their schedule compared to ours, they deserve it. No salt, just truth.

Avs would win if they tied Blues in points regardless I believe. ROW is 43-46 (STL-COL) with both teams having 3 games left. Avs need 2 points over Blues, so there's no way where we catch up in ROW but don't overtake the Avs in points.

If the Avs take the conference with their schedule compared to ours, they deserve it. No salt, just truth.

I think Anaheim takes the conference if the Blues keep sliding. I just want the division man. These last three games in our schedule are going to be really fun. Also, to be fair, two of the remaining teams the Blues play are fighting tooth and nail for playoff spots. Losing to them wouldn't be too crazy. Except for Detroit.

Giggzy

Andersen is still not ready to play so I wonder who will get the nod tonight. An out-of-form #1 Hiller or the rookie Gibson.

ShaneB

Code:
Detroit                        98.5%
Columbus                       97.7%
Dallas                         83.9%
Phoenix                        16.1%
Washington                      2.0%
New Jersey                      1.8%

There's still hope!! No help last night though =*(

Also, little late, but yeah, bandwagoners are annoying (and heck I felt like one at times in the NFL thread as I talked about many times), but it's how sports grow, it's when the bandwagoners leave that is more annoying. If you're gonna join in, make the effort to stick around! But of course that's easier said than done, I mean I love a lot of sports, and as a casual basketball fan, I'm damn excited to watch the Raptors in the playoffs. Most casual sports fans just want to watch the games that matter, and that's perfectly understandable.

Just need one point tonight but we play the Pens, come on Wings, don't collapse now!!!

There's still hope!! No help last night though =*(

Also, little late, but yeah, bandwagoners are annoying (and heck I felt like one at times in the NFL thread as I talked about many times), but it's how sports grow, it's when the bandwagoners leave that is more annoying. If you're gonna join in, make the effort to stick around! But of course that's easier said than done, I mean I love a lot of sports, and as a casual basketball fan, I'm damn excited to watch the Raptors in the playoffs. Most casual sports fans just want to watch the games that matter, and that's perfectly understandable.

That's why I only follow hockey, besides being the best sport of all time, I just have little interest in anything else to care. I can casually watch another game, but only for so long before I'm done.

So pumped for tonight's game. More so now that St. Louis lost again. I think I'll just leave work and camp outside the arena.

LETS DO THIS ACID. WHO WILL BE EJACULATING FIRST TONIGHT?

We got this *fist-bump*.

Ducks-age - ASSEMBLE!

Personally, I hope Gibson gets the nod. I'm certain he's gonna play lights out if the D played anything like they did in Vancouver.

Lol yup, that's him. Watching that brings back memories of tearfully begging my parents to let me watch again

"Mum please let me watch Mr Ass lay some smackdown! PLEEEASE!"

I support nothing.

The Quick seat on the Duckswagon is ready for the outline of your butt.

I want the Bolts or the Habs to win in the East. Whoever wins that has my sword. It would be the Islanders... If they made it.

RC

Banned
Well it's official, Trevor Linden has been named Canucks president. Super happy with this decision. Great to have Linden back in the organization.

This is just a friendly reminder to put Smash88 on your ignore lists. He is a worthless poster that adds nothing to the thread. Thank you.

MutFox

Banned
Well it's official, Trevor Linden has been named Canucks president. Super happy with this decision. Great to have Linden back in the organization.

For sure, def my fave Canuck of all time.
He was at my work yesterday denying being asked... :p

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Great, Letang is back tonight which means automatic Pens win. Can we at least just get to OT so we can clinch? Thanks.

NY Post said:
“We’re told Tortorella is quietly spreading the word that Feaster, who was in place for the Lightning’s 2004 Stanley Cup victory, is a GM he can work with.”
FUCK YOU TORTS.

FIRE HIM.

FIRE HIM NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.

Giggzy

I still don't understand what Torts is doing in Vancouver. I don't think his style really fits with the players he has to work with.

So... #KeepTortsInVAN

Cake Boss

Banned
FUCK YOU TORTS.

FIRE HIM.

FIRE HIM NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.

iKZHxUGd0jPs2.gif

Acid08

Banned
The Ducks can clinch the division if they win in any fashion tonight. Basically, we have to win tonight to keep this crazy dream alive!

Looks like Gibson is starting, not surprising at all. At least he already got his first win and shutout. AND TONIGHT HIS FIRST LOSS.

gaming_noob

Just realized Anaheim could win the Cup and get the first overall pick. Has that ever happened before?

The moral of the story is, if a team is willing to give you a first round pick for your star winger, you take the offer and run.

Happened with Kessel, Vanek (up to NYI to give 2014 or 2015 first pick to BUF), and now Ryan.

Heretic

The Ducks can clinch the division if they win in any fashion tonight. Basically, we have to win tonight to keep this crazy dream alive!

Looks like Gibson is starting, not surprising at all. At least he already got his first win and shutout. AND TONIGHT HIS FIRST LOSS.

Blood in the water...
Man... He's going to get lit up :'(

Ducks defense better show up! Cam is game time decision too.

iLLmAtlc

Call me a negative nancy but I think this is gonna end up hurting Linden's reputation in the community with how intense the media/fan scrutiny is.

Socreges

Banned
Call me a negative nancy but I think this is gonna end up hurting Linden's reputation in the community with how intense the media/fan scrutiny is.
The President is normally more removed from public scrutiny. The GM will be the face of success/failure.

Top Bottom