• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2014 |OT| Waiting for the playoff thread...

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Voracek is fucking amazing.

And fuck James Neal.
thumbs-up.gif

rellix

Poking my head in as I usually do this time of year.

Do you guys want me to do that playoff bracket pick 'em thing again? The one I forgot to do in time last season..

Or are you all doing the one on NHL.com?

Do you guys want me to do that playoff bracket pick 'em thing again? The one I forgot to do in time last season..

The Olympics one was fun--I'd be in if you put something together for the playoffs.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Sure, sounds fun.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I wouldn't be surprised if the Leafs won the lottery just to give back a little for all their misery.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssss

Fucking penguins.

We're not getting past Boston this year, so I'd love a Pens matchup. Not sure the % chance of getting them (I think I saw they were our most likely opponent in round one if we get two overtime losses this weekend?,) but knocking the Pens out early would make for another acceptable postseason.

Plus it might help clear the way for a Number One Cup on the Force win. Columbus is the only other team in the East I want to see do well.

Just went to my first Bruins game. Awesome experience. What a great crowd and fans. They were totally locked to the game. Everyone was swinging a rally towel and up on their feet. It was nutso compared to the crowd at most Stars games. (Some games the Stars get their epic crowds that can match what I saw. Like last nights)

Few things about TD Garden and the Bruins that I think the Stars put them to shame.

1) Audio/Sound system in TD Garden is god awful. God awful. AAC blows them out by a mile. I couldn't hear or understand half the stuff they said.

2) Video production - man... It was so low key at the start of each period and during intermissions.

3) Merch prices - holy cow. Jersey was 50$ more than in Dallas. Nuts!

I do like the beer/food setup at TD Garden and how the trains were right below. The arena also felt much smaller than AAC.

Oh and it was the last home game and fan appreciation day and they gave out an insane amount of gifts. Props to the Bruins on that.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
We're not getting past Boston this year, so I'd love a Pens matchup. Not sure the % chance of getting them, but knocking the Pens out early would make for another acceptable postseason.

Plus it might help clear the way for a Number One Cup on the Force win. Columbus is the only other team in the East I want to see do well.

Very slim chance of them getting the Pens now. If they win today or tomorrow, they get the Rags. The Detroit/Lumbus have 1 game left. The Flyers still have today's game and tomorrow. Columbus plays tonight and Detroit plays tomorrow.

If Detroit and Columbus both win, they'd have 93 and if the Flyers lose both they'd play Boston.

I'm not sure of the tie breakers, but I believe I heard if the Flyers get at least two points they'd play the Rangers regardless.

Top Bottom