• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2014 |OT| Waiting for the playoff thread...

Its supposed to be announced today but some European website put up their article early, someone grabbed everything before the announcement before they took it down.

Ah, Gotcha. I was really hoping for something I could play on my couch, but I'll take any new Civ I can get.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
You're a bit expensive for a game of that length

That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me ;_;

Ground Zeroes is fun. There are more worthy things you can "avoid on principle". Like wsoxfans posts, the drunk losers at Penn Station after a Ranger game, or overpriced blended Scotch.

Its a full mission and a bunch of side missions. Its not like a 15 minute demo or Marvel Pinball. Buy it and have fun. You spend 15 bucks on lunch and that's over in 20 minutes. Spend 30 on a fun game you can bleed 4+ good fun hours out of.

Well I mean. I guess that's the thing, if I'm paying half the money of a regular game, I expect atleast half a game(unless The Phantom Pain turns out to be a really short game, that would be a problem).

Idk, I can see your point, but there's not enough content in it for me to spend $35 on.

Omg that leaked Sid Meier game.
I need to build my PC NOWWWWW

Oh fuck me, I need to visit the gaming side more often...

Erdrick

Well I mean. I guess that's the thing, if I'm paying half the money of a regular game, I expect atleast half a game(unless The Phantom Pain turns out to be a really short game, that would be a problem).

Idk, I can see your point, but there's not enough content in it for me to spend $35 on.

It's a double-edged sword for me. I absolutely love MG (Still getting used to Sutherland...) so I bought the PS3 version on the first day, damn well knowing what it was. Glorified demo and all, it's still a very solid and exceptional game for what is there. Since I was able to finally find a PS4 for sale, I bought that version after and have really enjoyed the upgrade.

If you liked and enjoyed Peace Walker, this will be an epilogue to that game and a prologue to the TPP. The potential seen in GZ has me utterly salivating at how good TPP could be. This is coming from someone who doesn't really play many games anymore, but MG still makes me excited like a kid again whenever a new release hits. The open-world concept makes sense considering the direction the series has been heading for over the years. I'm curious what bonuses will be for TPP upon detecting GZ save data. I hope Kojima at least has some nice rewards for fans who took the bite of his appetizer game.

There are a nice handful of missions to do in addition to the main one, plenty of unlockables and the MGS throwback mission is a nice little nod to Metal Gear Solid. (Again though... Sutherland is going to take some time to adjust to. Replacing Hayter is the one thing I've been really unhappy with that Kojima has done, but oh well, it's done.) The games themselves will still continue to be some of my favourites.

I've been getting my money's worth on it, but I understand that it's not the same for everyone else. I'm sure it will come down in price eventually to make it more justified for other people to purchase eventually.

Huh... Season's over I guess for the Jets... Good to see them end on a nice note with wins over Boston and Calgary. Guess I'll head over to the Offseason thread with the rest of the Leafs fans. =/

Steffan Elliott recalled. Barrie... :(

So right now we have; Duchene, Mitchell, Barrie, Tanguay and McLeod injured. What a great time for that to happen.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The important thing is that McDonagh is apparently back to 100%.

Seriously dodged a bullet there.

I wonder when the last time Marty St. Louis was a healthy scratch was.

Merguson

Banned
Chris Johnston @reporterchris
Petter Granberg and Peter Holland have been recalled by the #leafs. Granberg will make his NHL debut tonight in Ottawa.

Granberg actually making his debut tonight? Let's try this again.

EDIT: Victor Hedman has 55 points? Dat bust.

Acid08

Banned
10013956_10152159177312669_4525412392328789693_n.jpg

TOMMY WINGOALS

WINGOALS

WINGOALS

Oh god Matt Hackett injured..... Did Miller put a curse on the Buffalo goalies before he left or what?

Time to bring in the 6th string goalie! Connor something...

iLLmAtlc

I'd probably wait a bit longer for Ground Zeroes if you've waited this long already. I can't see the $30 price lasting much longer given the digital version is already available for 20.

Sabres playing the last 5 minutes or so of this game with 13 players (counting the goalie)

#Sabres no longer in the game: Stewart, Flynn, Ehrhoff, Hackett, D'Agostini (injuries). McCabe, Scott (misconducts).

Eugh, Blues that Presidents Torphee was meant to be yours.

Hertl talking about LA is fucking awesome. Fun must be alwalys:) .... except postseason.

I love how the coke possession is literally 4x more than the actual DUI chrage.

Isn't that simply just the worst? Oh hey, you endangered peoples lives but it's not as dangerous as you endangering just your own through potential circumstances.

If I was fucked up and making ungodly decisions, I'd trade my own life for a car of sober people in a second.

What happened to Varlarmov? Giguere and Berra? Never heard of Berra, but I know his sv pct of .600 in the game isn't good

Giggy was good at the start, but sucked eventually after teams figured out his lateral movement weakness. Berra was this scrub who was the Flames starter for after Kipper kicked the bucket. He showcased and became a worthwhile trade at the deadline.

That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me ;_;

You post gud n stuff.

I need a new GFX card now :/

Lucky for you, new Nvidia GPUs (GTX 750) are cheap and require a whole lot less power than the 600 models. I got a GTX 750 Ti recently and it's the best thing I've ever done to my PC.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Game 82 already, this season flew by.

Been catching up 24CH, I should take a drink every time Therrien says "Play the right way".
I stopped watching a while back, I couldn't find the episodes and I was tired of listening to Therrien speak.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't that simply just the worst? Oh hey, you endangered peoples lives but it's not as dangerous as you endangering just your own through potential circumstances.

If I was fucked up and making ungodly decisions, I'd trade my own life for a car of sober people in a second.

I can understand it better for cocaine than something like marijuana, at least. Buying cocaine basically means financially supporting violent international cartels. I don't think very many people are growing and processing their own coca trees at home.

Also, lol Flyers, what are you doing? /late

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
President's Trophy, bitch! First time in 24 years. Who needs the Cup?

Top Bottom