• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2014 |OT| Waiting for the playoff thread...

zroid

Banned
At least his last game with the Leafs will be a good one. I'm happy for him. Hopefully Sens' next goal will be an empty netter.

Samyy

At least his last game with the Leafs will be a good one. I'm happy for him. Hopefully Sens' next goal will be an empty netter.

Yea this was my best possible scenario, Reimer plays great, Kessel maybe hits 40 and we lose.
I'll take the Reimer being good I guess.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
If it wasn't for realignment, the way the standings are right now, Canadiens-Rangers would be a first round playoff series under the old system with 4 seed Montreal hosting 5 seed New York.

Certainly would be a fun series
that we would lose

Big Dick will look great between Kessel and JvR next year
i19grZ2qbs73G.gif

UberTag

Damn... Boston vs. Detroit in the first round. I hate those tanking Red Wings so much.
Why do the terrible Pens get to play a team they've owned all season? It's not fair.

Samyy

That's what people said about the Toronto matchup last season. And we all saw how that went.
I wanted a relaxing start to the playoffs this time.

Nyquist is the only reason their in the post season, and he's cooled off considerably. Dude is not going to be shooting 20%+.

Look at it this way, it could just be a bad team that got hot at the right time.

UberTag

Bruins in 6. Would have been 4 or 5 had we played Columbus or Philly.

I still haven't heard definitively how reseeding works to determine 2nd round matchups and beyond. Anyone have specifics?

zroid

Banned
ヽ(*・ω・)ノ
ヽ(*・ω・)ノ
ヽ(*・ω・)ノ
ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

22nd 23rd place guaranteed, chance for 23rd 24th

ZeroGravity

Bruins in 6. Would have been 4 or 5 had we played Columbus or Philly.

I still haven't heard definitively how reseeding works to determine 2nd round matchups and beyond. Anyone have specifics?
Boston/Detroit plays the winner of Tampa/Montreal.

Pittsburgh/Columbus plays the winner of New York/Philly.

Top Bottom