• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2014 |OT| Waiting for the playoff thread...

Merguson

Banned
ヽ(*・ω・)ノ
ヽ(*・ω・)ノ
ヽ(*・ω・)ノ
ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

22nd place guaranteed, chance for 23rd

We should be 23rd.. with a chance for 24th..

Winnipeg should be ahead of us.. tied for ROW but had more points in our series

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
6 straight periods with no goal going into the playoffs. Exciting, at least Price is in top form.

Acid08

Banned
848218099.gif

that's ah spicey meatahball.

pringles

First time Boston and Detroit will meet in the playoffs since 1957. Cool.

Realistically we have no chance. But we have played pretty well against the Bruins this year and Datsyuk is usually great at making Chara look bad.

Will come down to what Howard shows up. If he's good, we have a chance.

Wings in 7.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member

Realistically we have no chance. But we have played pretty well against the Bruins this year and Datsyuk is usually great at making Chara look bad.

Wings in 7.
I never make predictions, but I don't feel the Wings will get smoked in this series. Yeah yeah, playoff hockey is different than regular season hockey, but the Wings were 3-1 against Boston this season and looked good in those wins. Detroit has also been in playoff mode the past 2-3 weeks so they might be a little more desperate to start out. If they can steal a game in Boston it'll go long.

Wings in 7.

God I would love to see this if Dats scores the OT winner if only to see the tweets from Boston fans.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That was a fun game. Thank god it didn't matter for us. Every Rangers-Habs game this season has ended up as a shutout for somebody.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
ROSTER UPDATE: #Flyers have recalled (F) Jason Akeson & (G) Cal Heeter from @PhantomsHockey. More info here… http://nhlflye.rs/1nj6fcH

Mason probably on the shelf until Thursday. Don't want to risk him getting hurt I am assuming.

I dunno why Akeson was called up, I didn't hear about any forwards getting hurt.

UberTag

I never make predictions, but I don't feel the Wings will get smoked in this series. Yeah yeah, playoff hockey is different than regular season hockey, but the Wings were 3-1 against Boston this season and looked good in those wins. Detroit has also been in playoff mode the past 2-3 weeks so they might be a little more desperate to start out. If they can steal a game in Boston it'll go long.
Detroit will definitely take one of those two games in Boston.
I'd bet on it.
Main reason I didn't want to play them. They match up very well against the Bs.

Top Bottom