• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2015 |OT| Dustin Brown, Dustin Bro--

ShaneB

It's emotionally devasting to be sitting at this desk
surfing the internet

My coworker on chat just said "first day back and I want to shoot myself", he was on holiday for the week before the long weekend, I can't even imagine his pain.

Yeah, that sucks, at least it feels like the day will go by fast for myself today. Have a couple podcasts backlogged as well to listen, and will finish the current book I'm reading on my lunch break, or after work.

My long vacations usually are my 2 weeks or so I take off for Christmas, but maybe I'll do some travelling this summer since it's been so long it seems. Coming back from those is always a nightmare as well, so that's understandable.

Pikma

Banned
Enroth actually had a great night yesterday, the only goal he allowed was pk line's fault. Can't it be our new starter, please? I want no more Lehtonen in my life, at least for these last two games

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dolan walked away muttering "Smithers, have the New York Knicks killed."

Speaking of, I don't think I've mentioned this before, but a few weeks back they took down the Knicks' big mural at the entrance and replaced it with a second Rangers one.

The only team in town. :D

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of, I don't think I've mentioned this before, but a few weeks back they took down the Knicks' big mural at the entrance and replaced it with a second Rangers one.

The only team in town. :D

Isiah Thomas (and the Spurs) murdered the Knicks.

You're welcome Rangers fans.

Foggy

Looks like I'm moving back to Cincinnati. I'll miss the food and Alamo Drafthouses here in Houston, but the good news is I'll only be 90 minutes from a Blue Jackets game. Bad news: it's Cincinnati. So there's that.

Pikma

Banned
Just got a New 3DS XL, man this life's beautiful, and I was lucky enough to get one of those amazingly looking screens too. Got MM and S.T.E.A.M. with it, let's see how they are.

Only caught the third period of last night's game, but the Canucks definitely played well. The Sedins looked hungry and the goal was a thing of beauty. Lack was excellent and the defence played a lot better after getting a little loose in the last few games. Looking forward to two sub-par efforts against Arizona and Edmonton.

Kings may be running out of gas, but then again they're harder to kill than Bloodborne threads.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Only caught the third period of last night's game, but the Canucks definitely played well. The Sedins looked hungry and the goal was a thing of beauty. Lack was excellent and the defence played a lot better after getting a little loose in the last few games. Looking forward to two sub-par efforts against Arizona and Edmonton.

Kings may be running out of gas, but then again they're harder to kill than Bloodborne threads.

Vancouver really had no business losing that game. LA's first shot went in, and then after that they were for the most part locked out. The Canucks had a ton of great opportunities that just didn't end up happening. Should have been a clean regulation win. I'm scared of them in the second round, should we be fortunate enough to advance.

Edit: I realize I said Vancouver lost the game. Since every point counts, it was close to a loss in my eyes and I slipped, but yeah, they didn't lose.

CCAQUcKWYAAuPQG.jpg

Guess we're going with the Abe Lincoln this year.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Looks like I'm moving back to Cincinnati. I'll miss the food and Alamo Drafthouses here in Houston, but the good news is I'll only be 90 minutes from a Blue Jackets game. Bad news: it's Cincinnati. So there's that.

New job?

calder

Edit: I realize I said Vancouver lost the game. Since every point counts, it was close to a loss in my eyes and I slipped, but yeah, they didn't lose.

Don't apologize, we all know and agree that giving the Kings any points at all is a bad thing for humanity in general and we *all* lose when they win. Or even OTL.

Down Goes Brown with a column about the Greatest Divisions in NHL History today. Good read as always, but I really appreciated his truthbombs about how ridiculous the Central is this year and probably forever with our luck.

But even if none of that were true, you’d still want to be watching those games because this year’s Central Division is freaking good. How good? Consider the following:

• The division already features three 100-plus-point teams in Nashville, St. Louis, and Chicago, while the Jets and Wild could both join them.

• The Wild have been the best team in hockey since mid-January, yet still won’t finish any higher than fourth in the division and may drop to fifth.

• As of today, the division boasts four of the league’s top eight teams based on goal differential.

• There’s a good chance the Central will claim both Western wild-card spots and send five teams to the playoffs.

• Even the division’s two “bad” teams, the Avalanche and the Stars, aren’t disasters; both could still hit 90 points. The last-place Avs are currently 15 points better than the league’s next-best last-place team, the Hurricanes, and Colorado would rank ahead of four Metro teams.

• Perhaps most impressive of all, the division boasts four teams in the league’s top 10 overall. That’s a relatively rare feat; it’s happened only once since the turn of the century.

Don't worry, calder. If EHM is as accurate as they say (and it is), in a year Chicago will have a sub-500 record and be in the process of trading Hjalmarsson to the Leafs.

Solo

5 days left in the season and 5 teams still in the President's trophy race. Although all NYR has to do is win a game, so its likely theirs.

Vancouver really had no business losing that game. LA's first shot went in, and then after that they were for the most part locked out. The Canucks had a ton of great opportunities that just didn't end up happening. Should have been a clean regulation win. I'm scared of them in the second round, should we be fortunate enough to advance.

Well when you have the lead, you tend to let up just a bit, and the trailing team will press harder. Shot totals were pretty much even though, and LA had some good possession time after Vancouver tied it.

The Canucks have shown up to various games against top teams this year. It remains to be seen if they can sustain that over a seven game series, but it's not impossible.

calder

The only suspense heading into the NHL Draft Lottery is the team selecting first overall. There is no suspense as to who will be the first two players selected in the 2015 NHL Draft. The No. 3 selection is where the suspense really begins.

wat.

Man, he REALLY is not buying into Crouse's size and intangibles or Hanifin's upside, has them 11th and 12th. I do like having Marner 4th though.

zroid

Banned
The one thing Button has been consistent in is keeping Crouse in the 10-15 range, so I'll give him that

everyone else is a crap shoot

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Girlfriend's new job. I'm a web developer and my Cincinnati job let me work from home as long as I could stay on the project. Fat chance they'll keep letting me do that once I return, but them's the breaks.

sounds like a pretty sweet job tho, letting you keep it despite moving away

You had a better imagination back then.

Ever play old video games with fond memories but then the blurry textures come to the forefront? Like that.

PS1 era is the worst era of video games from a visual stand point. It's like an ugly kid going through puberty. Which is a shame. N64 games like Mario Kart, Mario Party etc look nice. But I'm going to guess that things like Syphon Filter look like shit

ShaneB

So glad the Sens/Pens game starts at 7:30. Won't miss a minute since I'll be home late. That's such a big game tonight.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Mats Zuccarello is out tonight with "body soreness."

New lines:

Nash-Brassard-Fast
Kreider-Stepan-Miller
Hagelin-Hayes-St.Louis
Glass-Moore-Sheppard

PS1 era is the worst era of video games from a visual stand point. It's like an ugly kid going through puberty. Which is a shame. N64 games like Mario Kart, Mario Party etc look nice. But I'm going to guess that things like Syphon Filter look like shit
I dunno man, ps1 looks pretty rough but n64 is crazy blurry

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure what's more entertaining tbh, Pens missing the playoffs, or Sens completing the drive for 9th.

I think I'd like to see another Canadian team make it overall.

Top Bottom