• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2015 |OT| Dustin Brown, Dustin Bro--

zroid

Banned
Hah! Sanjuro redeemed! He's been shitting on him for years.

Me, personally, I think Boston's defence and strong backcheck make their goalies look better than they really are. If I had to toss Price or Rask in net for Buffalo or EDMONTON (yeah, I guess Toronto too...) I'd easily choose Price.

But not the white way

You know what, that's been the common thinking for years... but looking purely at high danger sv%, you'll see that he is in fact really elite (iirc, high danger sv% accounts for shots from in-close, off the rush, or off rebounds). ie: it removes the supposed sv% bias of Boston's tight defensive game.

Top 10 High Danger Sv% since Oct 2010 among goalies who have played >5000 minutes in that span:

TJZxFFv.png

By the way, any guesses who #11 is?

Hah! Sanjuro redeemed! He's been shitting on him for years.

Me, personally, I think Boston's defence and strong backcheck make their goalies look better than they really are. If I had to toss Price or Rask in net for Buffalo or EDMONTON (yeah, I guess Toronto too...) I'd easily choose Price.

But not the white way

Boston needs a hero

That hero will be Malcom Subban

No but seriously I think Boston needs a new everything. This isn't the Boston I know and hate. Something needs to be done. Maybe the Rivalry will be renewed at the Winter Classic
:p

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Everybody at the Senators Pity Party tonight gets this free poster:

CCLgSc6W4AA2w3R.jpg

Would be pretty nice without the giant Chase FREEDOM in the corner.

You know what, that's been the common thinking for years... but looking purely at high danger sv%, you'll see that he is in fact really elite (iirc, high danger sv% accounts for shots from in-close, off the rush, or off rebounds). ie: it removes the supposed sv% bias of Boston's tight defensive game.

Top 10 High Danger Sv% since Oct 2010 among goalies who have played >5000 minutes in that span:

TJZxFFv.png

Holtby da gawd.

He's going to get paid this summer.

iLLmAtlc

TJZxFFv.png

By the way, any guesses who #11 is?

no quick = flawed study nerd

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Subban has so much stigma against him at this point, he would need to have a Price like season for him to get another Norris right now.

The Kings core members have played a lot of hockey these last three years. Add in the injuries, loss of a few players, and it all adds up to a shit season.

The Voynov situation didn't help at all.

Apparently he's an asshole (my friend often serves him) he pulls the "do you know who I am" line.

Stoll and Andrews are supposedly great though, they will wait an hour at the bar to get a table and tip well

Tonight I will lose what's left of my fingernails by anxiously biting them.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers lines:

Kreider-Stepan-Miller
Hagelin-Hayes-St.Louis
Glass-Brassard-Sheppard
Bourque-Moore-Fast

McDonagh-Girardi
Summers-Boyle
Yandle-Hunwick

Lundqvist

Red_Man

Hopefully they win tonight so Price can get the record and then sit Saturday instead of having to dodge whatever scrubs the Leafs have in their lineup that night.

IRC they usually wait till like the last moment, maybe a day or 2 before the first game
I'm pretty busy the next couple of weeks, so I was hoping they would release it soon so I could plan around the games. It will suck if I have to watch them recorded.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully they win tonight so Price can get the record and then sit Saturday instead of having to dodge whatever scrubs the Leafs have in their lineup that night.

I'm pretty busy the next couple of weeks, so I was hoping they would release it soon so I could plan around the games. It will suck if I have to watch them recorded.

HELP US LOSE, GODDAMMIT!

Red_Man

Would they really sit Price if the division is still on the line?
Like Lamaroo said, I don't think it means that much to them. Risking Price against a Leafs team looking to ruin them isn't worth the risk IMO. Especially with Prices recent injuries at the end of the past few seasons.

Top Bottom