• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2015 |OT| Dustin Brown, Dustin Bro--

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Unbelievable. Rogers has got the Sharks v Oilers game on national TV tonight, but the Kings v Flames game is regionally locked. I know these decisions are made well in advance, but these are the kinds of things that NEED to get amended on a case-by-case basis.

It's only the biggest game of the entire regular season, what do you expect them to do?

...oh

Pikma

Banned
That article is fucking hilarious

Also, seeing Bachman getting mentioned a lot reminded me of how the Stars have been stuck with all those shitty goalies over the years, it's like a never ending nightmare, like driving a car without brakes. Bachman, Smith, Lindback, Lehtonen's current season, and even though I've been praising Enroth a lot lately, his stats are not that much better. No offense but I sometimes think my mom would do a fucking better job at goaltending than those pathetic shitbags who are nothing but a joke at doing what they're supposed to do.

zroid

Banned
errr... hang on. My info might've been bad (cable guide). On Sportsnet.ca I think it says the Kings v Flames game might be on national TV after all. :lol

well... that would be good :D

ShaneB

Unbelievable. Rogers has got the Sharks v Oilers game on national TV tonight, but the Kings v Flames game is regionally locked. I know these decisions are made well in advance, but these are the kinds of things that NEED to get amended on a case-by-case basis.

Not just a Rogers decision, this is a NHL decision that team packages are region locked.

Yes it sucks, and it drives me crazy too =/ I have the network, let me watch what is on there!

edit: seeing you new post, nhl.com says the game is on "FS-W,SNW " so it would be region locked, unless things get shifted around. Which is all negated by using hockeystreams, etc etc..

I cannot even watch the game tonight and I ain't even mad, I don't think my heart could take it. I'll turn it on at work tonight periodically though.

zroid

Banned
edit: seeing you new post, nhl.com says the game is on "FS-W,SNW " so it would be region locked, unless things get shifted around. Which is all negated by using hockeystreams, etc etc..

yea that is what my cable guide says, but it's possible things did change after all... hopefully!

Here is what I'm seeing on sportsnet.ca:

ZzdMOTE.png

Solo

Carey Price attempting to set the Habs' franchise single season record for wins tonight. Pretty fucking amazing given that the Habs are 106 years old, have had so many amazing goaltenders and all those dynasties.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Carey Price attempting to set the Habs' franchise single season record for wins tonight. Pretty fucking amazing given that the Habs are 106 years old, have had so many amazing goaltenders and all those dynasties.

I hope he sets a new record :D

ShaneB

82 game season has only been around for 20 years or so :p I mean it's gotten there incrementally, but just sayin!

Solo

82 game season has only been around for 20 years or so :p I mean it's gotten there incrementally, but just sayin! "

Oh for sure, when Plante and Dryden did it there were less games. But then there was also less competition. Either way, its impressive I think.

Funny thing though is that Price could potentially retire with all the Habs' goaltending records......and 0 Cups. Constrast that to Dryden winning 6 Cups in the 8 years of his career.

He can do it.

Habs are super lucky to have amazing goalies. Plante,Dryden,Roy,Theodore(ehh why not)
Halak,and now Price.

ShaneB

Oh for sure, when Plante and Dryden did it there were less games. But then there was also less competition. Either way, its impressive I think.

Funny thing though is that Price could potentially retire with all the Habs' goaltending records......and 0 Cups. Constrast that to Dryden winning 6 Cups in the 8 years of his career.

Oh not denying Price and his talent, it's a hell of a record to have with the history of goaltending the Habs have had, just that these sort of cumulative records always seem a bit wonky as opposed to something like Win %.

Meanwhile, NBCSN is still showing Blues/Blackhawks.

Should be a good game but...come on.

Heh, fair enough. Not like the NFL though where game shifting between networks is a regular thing.

You guys have had such a bizarro season that I wouldn't be surprised if you win tonight

This whole season is fucking weird, Boston and Pittsburgh fighting for a playoff spot, San Jose out. Mediocre Winnipeg in, Calgary could be in and then there's Nashville doing really well. I honestly didn't see those things happening, Avs as a bubble team I expected though, bottom 6 was shit and that defense...

Socreges

Banned
I keep thinking Pikma is Pochacco. I have to remind myself that actual Oilers fans have been too ashamed to post here for ages.

5 other teams compared to 29, of course.

Comparing players and teams from those two eras is a strange process, to say the least.

calder

I'm feeling pretty good about the Jets tonight, which means they will almost certainly play badly and lose. Hopefully the Flames dagger the Kings and make it meaningless!

But seriously, Flames win and Jets win and then we can both dress AHL teams on Saturday and no one will mind.

I'm feeling pretty good about the Jets tonight, which means they will almost certainly play badly and lose. Hopefully the Flames dagger the Kings and make it meaningless!

But seriously, Flames win and Jets win and then we can both dress AHL teams on Saturday and no one will mind.

Gald(?) somebody is because I couldn't be more terrified of facing the Avs tonight. The fact Colorado has nothing to play for, combined with Winnipeg basically needing to win tonight to avoid a potentially do or die match against Calgary on Saturday does not leave me with a good feeling.

That in mind, Please oh please, win tonight Calgary so I don't have a reason to hate you.

Parch

It's good to have new blood in the playoffs. Same teams dominating every year isn't good for the game.

I have no particular love for the Jets, but their fanbase deserve it after getting jerked around.
Calgary is my surprise team of the year. Get it done tonight.
Now how do we get Ottawa into the playoffs?

It's good to have new blood in the playoffs. Same teams dominating every year isn't good for the game.

I have no particular love for the Jets, but their fanbase deserve it after getting jerked around.

I didn't think it's a bad thing, just feels like a strange season.

Ottawa wins and Boston loses their games tonight and on Saturday. That seems to be the most realistic chance the Sens have, short of the Pens or Wings having an epic meltdown in their last 2 games.

Parch

LA just had an off year IMO. How many games was Kopitar 100% healthy?
Pittsburgh is too undisciplined. Yeah, yeah, truculence and all that, but they take too many stupid penalties.
Boston needs a reboot. Rask isn't as good as people thought.

Even if these teams make the playoffs, it's hard to consider them serious contenders this year.

fallout

I'm terrified for tonight, so I just keep thinking about how on Saturday, hockey starts at 11:30 am and I'll be well and surely drunk before the Jets even hit the ice.

Pittsburgh is too undisciplined. Yeah, yeah, truculence and all that, but they take too many stupid penalties.

Even if these teams make the playoffs, it's hard to consider them serious contenders this year.

The Kings core members have played a lot of hockey these last three years. Add in the injuries, loss of a few players, and it all adds up to a shit season.

zroid

Banned
The Kings core members have played a lot of hockey these last three years. Add in the injuries, loss of a few players, and it all adds up to a shit season.

an almost mind-bogglingly bad record in OT/SO games doesn't help either

on the other hand, I'm pretty sure Calgary has an astonishingly good record in those situations

it can make a big difference

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Hah! Sanjuro redeemed! He's been shitting on him for years.

Me, personally, I think Boston's defence and strong backcheck make their goalies look better than they really are. If I had to toss Price or Rask in net for Buffalo or EDMONTON (yeah, I guess Toronto too...) I'd easily choose Price.
Playing the right way.
But not the white way

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeah I think now that we've clinched Baertschi will probably get a look at for the last 2 games

Top Bottom