• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2015 |OT| Dustin Brown, Dustin Bro--

Pikma

Banned
Yup, Nash, Zuccarello, Staal are all out tonight.

Rick Nash has also been named the Rangers' team MVP, as voted on by the media, and he's won the team's Players' Player Award, as voted by the players. 8th time one player has taken both awards (Ryan McDonagh also did it last year). The other 6 were John Vanbiesbrouck, James Patrick, Adam Graves, Mark Messier, Mike Richter, and Brian Leetch.

Henrik Lundqvist had won the team MVP for 7 straight years before last year but interestingly has never been the Players' Player winner.
You guys need to give an award to whoever comes up with those awards

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The perds signed KHL all-star Steve Moses to a 1 year, 1 mio contract.

Dude is SUPER skilled and fast, but kinda short, so we'll see how he does. Definitely a low-risk hIgh-reward signing. I saw him play at the Spengler Cup and he was great, was wondering why nobody in the NHL had signed him.

Life has been a little busy lately for me but the Wings still kinda suck, Pens suck even more than we do, oh, and there is this little gem:

Sportsnet590 said:
"He was very upset that he didn't end up a Detroit #RedWing on deadline day" @RealKyper on Dion Phaneuf. Listen live: http://ow.ly/LnJUu

He'll probably be a Wing come the draft.

Edit: already posted way above

zroid

Banned
Toronto named second most miserable sports city in North America. Frankly, I don't know how it's not the #1 most.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Toronto named second most miserable sports city in North America. Frankly, I don't know how it's not the #1 most.

Because Cleveland exists.

By the way, the official line from AV is that we're not resting everybody. Everybody is just conveniently and suddenly injured day-to-day. Don't question it.

Delryk

Colton Orr recalled to play last game and to "thank him" for his service.... rofl

omg i'm so late. should have read other posts...

Because Cleveland exists.

By the way, the official line from AV is that we're not resting everybody. Everybody is just conveniently and suddenly injured day-to-day. Don't question it.

image.php

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

miserable? our sports team seasons are like the movie memento

we go in every year thinking we're going to win the championship completely ignorant and that in the previous year we sucked balls.

i just find my self constantly entertained... at least by the leafs

also... i just noticed you can resize the reply box on neogaf... watttt

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Surprised they're not gonna call-up one of Brown or Nylander

Not directed at you but lots of people have been saying that despite the fact Dubas has bene on record saying they will not call up Nylander or any of the kids prematurely just for the sake of giving them NHL experience. People first laughed at him saying that and now that it's coming true they're bashing him for not giving the fans a taste of what's to come. :lol

When you got Cleveland it's hard to surpass them.

Also here's the deal Habs-GAF: Win the game and I promise there will be no harm to any of your players.

zroid

Banned
After the Cleveland LeBrons win the championship and the Indians win the ALCS this year, Toronto will be locked in

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Not directed at you but lots of people have been saying that despite the fact Dubas has bene on record saying they will not call up Nylander or any of the kids prematurely just for the sake of giving them NHL experience. People first laughed at him saying that and now that it's coming true they're bashing him for not giving the fans a taste of what's to come. :lol

When you got Cleveland it's hard to surpass them.

Also here's the deal Habs-GAF: Win the game and I promise there will be no harm to any of your players.

The Oilers called up some random rookie goalie because "he deserved it"

Not sure if that's a reward or a punishment, but congratz on the stat padding sharks

Parch

LA - Calgary game is HUGE. Time to stick a fork in the defending champs.

Jamie Benn could win the scoring title? He quietly had a monster year.

Parch

The Oilers called up some random rookie goalie because "he deserved it"
No, Bachman has some family issues and needs to be in OKC.

Oilers had a decent month, and beating the Kings was some sweet spoiling. To hell with tanking. Better to end the season on a positive note and have the players optimistic about next year instead of having the players hating their team. Tanking is for losers.

Pikma

Banned
LA - Calgary game is HUGE. Time to stick a fork in the defending champs.

Jamie Benn could win the scoring title? He quietly had a monster year.
If he's there it couldn't have been quietly, it's just that people prefer to put their atention elsewhere

Heres the Playoffs Clinching for tonight from NHL.com

EASTERN CONFERENCE

* The Montreal Canadiens would clinch the Atlantic Division title if they defeat the Detroit Red Wings in any fashion AND the Tampa Bay Lightning lose in any fashion OR if they get one point against the Red Wings AND the Lightning lose in regulation.

# # #

* The New York Islanders (idle) would clinch a playoff berth if the Ottawa Senators or Boston Bruins lose in any fashion.

# # #

* The Detroit Red Wings would clinch a playoff berth if they defeat the Canadiens in any fashion OR if they get one point against the Canadiens AND either the Senators lose in any fashion or the Bruins lose in regulation OR if the Senators lose in regulation.

# # #

* The Bruins would clinch a playoff berth if they defeat the Florida Panthers in any fashion AND the Senators lose in regulation.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

* The Anaheim Ducks (idle) would clinch the top seed in the Western Conference if the St. Louis Blues lose in regulation AND the Nashville Predators lose in any fashion.

# # #

* The Blues would clinch the Central Division title if they defeat the Chicago Blackhawks in any fashion AND the Predators lose in regulation.

# # #

* The Winnipeg Jets would clinch a playoff berth if they defeat the Colorado Avalanche in any fashion OR if they get one point against the Avalanche AND the Los Angeles Kings lose to the Calgary Flames in any fashion OR if the Kings lose to the Flames in regulation.

# # #

* The Flames would clinch a playoff berth if they defeat the Kings in any fashion.

Socreges

Banned
miserable? our sports team seasons are like the movie memento

we go in every year thinking we're going to win the championship completely ignorant and that in the previous year we sucked balls.

i just find my self constantly entertained... at least by the leafs

also... i just noticed you can resize the reply box on neogaf... watttt
Have you learned your lesson yet?

Socreges

Banned
If he's there it couldn't have been quietly, it's just that people prefer to put their atention elsewhere
No, he's been quiet. Hasn't really been in the running all season and now that people are focused on the playoff race, and Dallas is eliminated, he sneaks into the picture.

Solo

Meh at the True Detective season 2 teaser. Will watch, but it just looks flat from that teaser.

Definitely lacking. Just a teaser of course, but I'm wondering if we won't be wishing that it was just a one-and-done series in a few years.

Pikma

Banned
No, he's been quiet. Hasn't really been in the running all season and now that people are focused on the playoff race, and Dallas is eliminated, he sneaks into the picture.
He's there because he has been the most consistent of them, along with Tavares, while others like Crosby and Voracek, who had the lead for quite a while, have had a lot of ups and downs, including injuries. Not sure how being consistent means being quiet now.

People wouldn't be surprised if it was Seguin instead of him, for example, but it's not like that because of Seguin's injury. And this probably ended up pushing him even more, since Benn stepped up and even got a hat trick while he was gone

Definitely lacking. Just a teaser of course, but I'm wondering if we won't be wishing that it was just a one-and-done series in a few years.

Crazy just watched it. Lived in Ventura County for most of my life, now people might actually know where it is...

If the Pens don't make it: do they retool, do a half-rebuild, or do a complete rebuild?

The latter two probably won't happen, but having Jim Rutherford on the GM chair could make for an interesting off-season.

The Pens were getting shaken up this off-season no matter what, this collapse only means it will be even more entertaining.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

Lacks the weirdness vibe I like from Season 1, but still early.

Will 100% watch for Rachel McAdams though.

zroid

Banned
If the Pens overreact to barely missing the playoffs or a first round exit, the 2015-16 Pens are going to be 2014-15 Sharks

(it's going to be great)

ShaneB

Lacks the weirdness vibe I like from Season 1, but still early.

Will 100% watch for Rachel McAdams though.

Pretty much my thoughts, had no idea Rachel McAdams was in it either, so that was a great surprise.

I'll reserve judgment since it's going to be anthology style, each season should have it's own unique style.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Tonight, we are all Flames fans.
Feels so weird saying that as an Edmontonian

If the Flames close this out tonight, I will heartily root for them for as long as they're in the playoffs (except for a potential series against the Ducks, of course). If they don't win, they will be taunted and booed until my throat is sore.

Parch

I look forward to my sister eating plates of crow :)
I'm getting real good mileage out of Dubnyk now. I'm feeding crow by the bucketful.

I told 'em. I told 'em all. I told everybody I knew in this crazy town that Dubnyk was not the problem. But nooooo. I was the crazy man for wanting to keep Dubnyk in Edmonton. Everybody from management, media, and fans needed somebody to blame and throw under the bus. Now they're wanting to sign Dubnyk as an FA? No chance in hell he would ever want to return to this fiasco, and I can't blame him.

zroid

Banned
Unbelievable. Rogers has got the Sharks v Oilers game on national TV tonight, but the Kings v Flames game is regionally locked. I know these decisions are made well in advance, but these are the kinds of things that NEED to get amended on a case-by-case basis.

edit: maybe not

Top Bottom