• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2016 |OT| Misery's End

Pikma

Banned
As long as Lehtonen remembers his main task while on the ice is to prevent the puck from crossing the goal line I think we can do solid damage.

FTFY

Enjoy the games dude, I'd be so so so damn there but I'm 5,000 miles away from there ;_;

imBask

Banned
for the record that John Scott callup garbage is fucking stupid, he doesn't deserve shit and i'm sick of the sappy story and the season is officially over for me 3 games in advance

I look at the bottom 8-10 teams and if any one of them win the draft lotto there will be salt of some sort out there.

Except for Columbus

Well let's see here:

Edmonton: Self-explanatory
Toronto: We may not hear the end of it
Colombus: Throw them a bone, I say
Winnipeg: Quick will be hella salty at least. I'll be hella happy.
Calgary: Them winning would parallel 1989 where they won their only Stanley Cup whiles Edmonton already has four. Also salt will come in moderation.
Vancouver: A convenient excuse for Vancouver to become Canada's most hated team once again.
Arizona: AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Buffalo: Would anyone even be angry about Buffalo winning?
Montreal: The salt would weigh the same as Carey Price's ability to carry the Habs.
Ottawa: The rest of Canada would be mad at least.
Colorado: The Central division just got shittier for us.
New Jersey: Would be great for its five fans.
Carolina: 2006 aside...meh.
Boston: Top 4 scenario for salt, IMO.

So I'd say excluding every team above Ottawa, there might be around 3/10 teams that would result in little to no salt. That's why I hope they don't win. :p

Acid08

Banned
Speaking of April's husband:

CeQBhqGUsAE4Mv7.jpg

They seem to be enjoying themselves up here.

calder

Let's hope the deep shame of Vancouver clowning the state of California consecutively still stings and the Ducks are looking for revenge tonight. An alleged Cup contender certainly can't let two of Canada's shitty teams get points on them at home inside a week, right?

Quick

Banned
Let's hope the deep shame of Vancouver clowning the state of California consecutively still stings and the Ducks are looking for revenge tonight. An alleged Cup contender certainly can't let two of Canada's shitty teams get points on them at home inside a week, right?

Win and I'll sing Winnipeg's praises for a day.

Calamari41

41 > 38

Ducks are on a tankaku of our own for the rest of the season, hoping to draw San Jose in the first round.

calder

Ducks are on a tankaku of our own for the rest of the season, hoping to draw San Jose in the first round.

Don't you dare use the "t" word you slumming dilettante, that's a word only for us hardscrabble shit teams to use. Like, I can say "Quick, your tank is looking unbeatable my good man" and he'll reply "tanks!" and we'll smile knowingly through the tears because we know the actual pain of being godawful.

But a guy like you with your playoff privilege using the T word as punchline? No, no no no, a million times no. Fuck this I'm posting a screenshot of your nonsense to Tumblr.

Quick

Banned
Don't you dare use the "t" word you slumming dilettante, that's a word only for us hardscrabble shit teams to use. Like, I can say "Quick, your tank is looking unbeatable my good man" and he'll reply "tanks!" and we'll smile knowingly through the tears because we know the actual pain of being godawful.

But a guy like you with your playoff privilege using the T word as punchline? No, no no no, a million times no. Fuck this I'm posting a screenshot of your nonsense to Tumblr.

Calamari might as well have said the n-word.

I'm offended.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Oh my god you guys, I'm so sorry. What can I do to redeem myself? I swear, it's my father talking. I'm not like that... I'm not like that at all.

Please don't tell Tumblr what I did. I really need my job.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The drive for 4th place continues!

Out: McDonagh, Hayes, Boyle

In: Skjei, Lindberg, McIlrath

Hank gets the start, so he's playing both sides of the back to back. Pretty surprising considering all that remains after tonight is the Islanders and the season finale against Detroit.

Ryan McDonagh is out for the rest of the regular season. They're not being specific, but the speculation is that he has a "small break" in his right hand, which would likely cause him to miss at least part of the first round.

Tonight is inexplicably the Tampa Bay Lightning's first appearance at Madison Square Garden since May 29, 2015, by the way.

calder

Oh my god you guys, I'm so sorry. What can I do to redeem myself? I swear, it's my father talking. I'm not like that... I'm not like that at all.

Please don't tell Tumblr what I did. I really need my job.

Well I guess your apology seems sincere and abject enough. We'll let it slide this time, but only because you didn't say "Some of my best friends are tankers!" or anything truly objectionable.

Obviously, accepting your apology is conditional and assumes the Ducks win in regulation tonight while still ideally making the Jets seem competitive and honourable.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Well I guess your apology seems sincere and abject enough. We'll let it slide this time, but only because you didn't say "Some of my best friends are tankers!" or anything truly objectionable.

Obviously, accepting your apology is conditional and assumes the Ducks win in regulation tonight while still ideally making the Jets seem competitive and honourable.

I've already put in the call to Bruce. It's in his hands now.

The team always listens to me, like when I advise them from the stands to "shoot the fucking puck!"

Socreges

Banned
The Canucks triggered me.

I haven't recovered from last night.

Kappa
Who do you even cheer for? Your posts are bizarre

I've already put in the call to Bruce. It's in his hands now.

The team always listens to me, like when I advise them from the stands to "shoot the fucking puck!"
Mmm. That feeling of satisfaction after you've shouted "Shoot the puck!" 30 times repeatedly and then they shoot it and you know it was because you suggested they do so. Nothing like it.

Top Bottom