• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2016 |OT| Misery's End

iLLmAtlc

i'm hoping edmonton could be embarrassed enough from saturday to at least win the last game at rexall.

also hoping calgary continues beating on the nucks like usual. but then again suddenly ANH and LA have failed to. :|

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
If the playoffs began today:

Flyers @ Capitals
Rangers @ Penguins
Islanders @ Panthers
Red Wings @ Lightning

Wild @ Stars
Blackhawks @ Blues
Predators @ Ducks
Sharks @ Kings

So far only the Washington Capitals and the Nashville Predators are locked into their specific slots.

Marvie_3

Banned
If the playoffs began today:

Flyers @ Capitals
Rangers @ Penguins
Islanders @ Panthers
Red Wings @ Lightning

Wild @ Stars
Blackhawks @ Blues
Predators @ Ducks
Sharks @ Kings

So far only the Washington Capitals and the Nashville Predators are locked into their specific slots.
Stupid Bruins.....

If/when the Wild play the Stars, I think it would be a fun series. For the most part, they are pretty even in 5v5 play. Don't have the number right now but IIRC they're almost identical goals for/against for both teams at full and even strength.

It's when they go into OT and the Stars get to roll the 3v3 line of Benn/Seguin/Klingberg that the Wild simply cannot keep up. Thankfully 3v3 isn't in the playoffs.

Not to mention that they remind me a lot of Colorado from two years ago. Better group of forwards, roughly the same skill in defense, worse goalie. Wild prevailed there, hopefully Wild can again.

Would be a fun series.

Calamari41

41 > 38
It's going to be really fucking weird in here when the playoffs start and the vast majority of posts are no longer about how much people want their own teams to lose.

Line_HTX

Kings losing to shit teams is nothing new. They've been doing that the whole year.

I'm just fucking pissed that the Oil Shitbags are still alive and well.

Wow. There's still a chance for the Leafs to get last place. The Oilers just need to not be futile for one or two games, which I know will be tough. But maybe playing the Canucks, and playing the final game at Rexall will do the trick.

Here's hoping.

But the Leafs need not be the Leafs, too, and not shoot themselves in the foot.

CfSUMwHUAAA2oOR.png

Go Rangers! (part 2)

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Wow. There's still a chance for the Leafs to get last place. The Oilers just need to not be futile for one or two games, which I know will be tough. But maybe playing the Canucks, and playing the final game at Rexall will do the trick.

Here's hoping.

But the Leafs need not be the Leafs, too, and not shoot themselves in the foot.

Leafs can also just lose the last 3 games in regulation to get last.

LevelNth

Banned
So long as Calgary and Winnipeg get at least 1 point in their final 3 games, the Leafs will finish 3rd last at worst.

If the Leafs lose to Columbus either in regulation or OT/SO on Thursday, they cannot finish any worse than 2nd last.

Parch

It's a pretty big distraction with the last game at Rexall, but I have no doubt the Oilers can lose under any conditions.

Yawnier

Banned
So long as Calgary and Winnipeg get at least 1 point in their final 3 games, the Leafs will finish 3rd last at worst.

If the Leafs lose to Columbus either in regulation or OT/SO on Thursday, they cannot finish any worse than 2nd last.

Yeah that game against Columbus is absolutely huge. It pretty much guarantees one of a 29th or 30th finish. In Sparks we trust.

zroid

Banned
Yeah that game against Columbus is absolutely huge. It pretty much guarantees one of a 29th or 30th finish. In Sparks we trust.
Too bad we wasted that call-up on Campbell (who has admittedly helped the tank considerably) because Stalock could have done a fine job

LevelNth

Banned
I said it's Thursday too and that's wrong, it's actually tomorrow night. Too bad it's at the ACC and not in Ohio.

The other two games are pretty decent situations for the Leafs too, as Philly on Thursday is a must win for them pretty much, and the final game is on the road.

Yawnier

Banned
Too bad we wasted that call-up on Campbell (who has admittedly helped the tank considerably) because Stalock could have done a fine job

I said it's Thursday too and that's wrong, it's actually tomorrow night. Too bad it's at the ACC and not in Ohio.

The other two games are pretty decent situations for the Leafs too, as Philly on Thursday is a must win for them pretty much, and the final game is on the road.
I see the starts going like this prob:

Columbus: Sparks
Philly: Bernier (on the end of B2B)
Jersey: Sparks

Realistically I can see them picking up one win there, ending the season at 69 points (1 point improvement over last season lol).

They're will be more salt in the off season thread during the draft then in here during the playoffs.

Yep

zroid

Banned
I used up all my salt reserves when the Oilers won last year

don't think anything can happen which would elicit the same reaction. Maybe the Bruins.

kingslunk

Welp got tickets for the first two rounds. A pair for a western finals game and a single seat for home game #2 for the SCF.

Lets go stars :(

Yawnier

Banned
I look at the bottom 8-10 teams and if any one of them win the draft lotto there will be salt of some sort out there.

Except for Columbus

Top Bottom