• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2016 |OT| Misery's End

zroid

Banned
These people were born three months apart

allegedly

Czgupjo.png
JGkJvHQ.png

Erdrick

About damn time we beat the Ducks. What was it? 10 games in a row before this that we lost to them? Glad to finally end that.

Line_HTX

Holy fuck, still a one point separation...

LMAO these OTs, hahaha.

Thank you, ShinRPGamer.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If the Canadian teams all end up winning with Columbus taking 1st overall it'd be the most hilarious disaster ever

all miss the playoffs, all tank for last, nobody pick first

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I havent really played in probably 4 years. Gonna be pretty rusty. Lol

Yeah, takes a while. I still get mad at myself with some stupid plays. Need to be more patient. This past winter season i was 4th in team scoring. Before that I had really played any competitive hockey since I was kid.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
All the playoff spots that teams could theoretically end up in (listed in order of likelihood for each):

Flyers/Bruins/Red Wings/Islanders @ Capitals
Rangers/Islanders/Penguins @ Penguins/Rangers/Islanders
Islanders/Rangers/Flyers @ Panthers
Red Wings/Bruins/Lightning @ Lightning/Red Wings

Wild @ Stars/Blues/Blackhawks
Blackhawks/Blues/Stars @ Blues/Stars/Blackhawks
Predators @ Ducks/Kings
Sharks/Kings/Ducks @ Kings/Ducks/Sharks

There are some caveats here, of course. For example, the Rangers cannot play the Islanders in round 1, the Ducks cannot play the Kings, and the Red Wings can't play the Bruins.

The West is significantly simpler than the East right now. Just need to sort out the pecking orders in the top 3 in each division.

Socreges

Banned
I think if Edmonton can get 2 more points we'll be ok
You guys mock the Oilers but the Leafs themselves have serious tank game.

Calling it now. Leafs to finish last when all is said and done - probably to draft 2nd or 3rd. Random American team to win the lottery. Canucks will pick 7th.

zroid

Banned
You guys mock the Oilers but the Leafs themselves have serious tank game.

Calling it now. Leafs to finish last when all is said and done - probably to draft 2nd or 3rd. Random American team to win the lottery. Canucks will pick 7th.
You are right. I feel a lot more confident that they can lose out especially with some of the recent roster moves (particularly Campbell and Clune replacing Carrick and Kadri). Still, they have to face Columbus and Jersey, I could definitely see them scraping out 2 points somehow, especially if Bernier plays well.

Is there any scenario that makes the last game of the season have no effect on the tank? It would be nice to be able to cheer for the Leafs without feeling guilty at least once this season.

eyeless

Is there any scenario that makes the last game of the season have no effect on the tank? It would be nice to be able to cheer for the Leafs without feeling guilty at least once this season.
leafs lose their next two in reg, edmonton wins one against the nucks

in that case we'd be tied with edmonton but have the tank tiebreaker

but never count on the oilers to win a hockey game, even if it's vancouver

It feel like the focus on tanking in worse than ever. Which feels weird since the system rewards it less this year?

Or it it just that Leafs, Habs and Nucks fans are so extremely vocal?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
It feel like the focus on tanking in worse than ever. Which feels weird since the system rewards it less this year?

Or it it just that Leafs, Habs and Nucks fans are so extremely vocal?

For leafs, we want the last pick because it guarantees top 4 in a draft with a consensus top 4 players

Top Bottom