• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2016 |OT| Misery's End

Parch

The arena isn't the problem, it was the years or terrible management, lack of quality players past the first round, and rushing of high draft picks to the NHL that is causing the shit show in Edmonton.
Just considering the comfort of the fans, the arena is a problem. Anybody over 6 feet is not going to be comfortable in the upper deck. Good riddance to that dump IMO.

As for the rest, well yeah. The mismanagement has been epic. Edmonton isn't even embracing the tank like some others here. They've got their McDavid so this is just another regular draft. Could be another Yakupov draft for all we know. Besides, Edmonton doesn't even have to finish last to win the lottery.

It's not all bad. Last I saw the Oilers did lead the league in man games lost to injury. They're not in last place with a little more luck. But they can still destroy the lineup as far as I'm concerned. Keep McDavid and Draisaitl and ship out the rest. Even Hall annoys me now because I keep hearing about how the locker room is a bunch of high school cliques with him involved. That's what happens when the team's best players are the youngest players.

New rink and hopefully a new lineup to go with it. Until then, the Oil Kings will continue to be more popular than the Oilers.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
"Officially" shutting down Price with two games left is hilarious. Not sure why they didn't let this Charlie kid play out the rest of the season either.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Florida Panthers co-owner Doug Cifu told SiriusXM NHL Wednesday that if he had his pick, he’d choose to face the Islanders in the first round, and not the Rangers.

“I guess the Rangers have a great, world-class goalie, so in a coin flip, I’d probably prefer the Islanders,” said Cifu, a Syosset native who grew up a Rangers fan.
DALE

Curufinwe

So it's possible that the 2 and 3 seeds in the Atlantic could end up with fewer points than the 4 or even 5 of the Metro teams.

The current playoff format sucks.

LevelNth

Banned
So it's possible that the 2 and 3 seeds in the Atlantic could end up with fewer points than the 4 or even 5 of the Metro teams.

gary-bettman-blame.jpg

imBask

Banned
can't do that. Gotta keep the Coyotes in a division with some dumbass team like the Oilers to maximize their chance of making the playoffs and give Bettman an erection

Quick

Banned
Big night for the tankaku tonight.

Leafs/BJs and Oilers/Nucks.

Oilers/Nucks need to go to OT at least. BJs need to stomp on the Leafs.

tumblr_n2wfekGlU61t2hewgo1_400.gif

But the town really needs a new rink, and hopefully new digs will be an incentive and turning point from how pathetic the team has been lately. There is so much apathy from fans right now. A shiny new palace can make people care again.

Apathy is one way to describe it. I'm more partial to resentment if I say so myself. And the new arena isn't going to do jack if the team is still a flaming pile of trash, which I fully expect it to be next year.

KingBroly

Banned

Yeah, it's fucking awful. Bettman has butchered the NHL with all kinds of shit since he took over, yet the owners just keep him.

Yawnier

Banned
Big night for the tankaku tonight.

Leafs/BJs and Oilers/Nucks.

Oilers/Nucks need to go to OT at least. BJs need to stomp on the Leafs.

tumblr_n2wfekGlU61t2hewgo1_400.gif

For tonight's game against the BJs I would even take a loser point, it would still pretty much all guarantee a bottom two finish.

Socreges

Banned
Go BJs
Go Oilers

I'll actually have time tonight to watch the game. Hopefully McDavid impresses.

RIP Quick. The tank broke him.

As it was in the 80s and early 90s. Better than the old format where a team could end up being 2nd or 3rd seed in the conference with fewer points than teams below them.

HaYIV6N.png

That was garbage.

Top Bottom