• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2016 |OT| Misery's End

For leafs, we want the last pick because it guarantees top 4 in a draft with a consensus top 4 players
While I agree that it is important, there is almost always a big drop off after couple of picks.

And I also thought that the consensus was that the top 3 was quite a step above the rest.

While I agree that it is important, there is almost always a big drop off after couple of picks.

And I also thought that the consensus was that the top 3 was quite a step above the rest.

That is the general thought.

Matthews >>> Laine/Puljujarvi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chychrun/Dubois/Tkachuk/Nylander/Juolevi/Sergachev/Keller

That third group is a big one and hardly any consensus pick

Calamari41

41 > 38
:lol

Also, who in here has miitomo thats not on my friends list?

I do!

UqOlSpj.png

I don't own any clothes... and I have no friends... so add me, NHL-GAF!

I'm not an easygoing dreamer, not sure why Nintendo sees fit to label me without even asking about me.

Marvie_3

Banned
Me, how the hell can I add you? Do you have a Twitter account?
I made a nonsense twitter just for such occasions!

@MarvieGAF

I do!

I don't own any clothes... and I have no friends... so add me, NHL-GAF!

I'm not an easygoing dreamer, not sure why Nintendo sees fit to label me without even asking about me.
The QR code only adds your mii to a persons game. Its stupid but you have to add people from twitter/facebook.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I made a nonsense twitter just for such occasions!

@MarvieGAF

The QR code only adds your mii to a persons game. Its stupid but you have to add people from twitter/facebook.

Oh snap, I had no idea. Let me go ahead and create my own nonsense twitter...

Edit: I already have one... shockingly, its @Calamari41

zroid

Banned
Oh snap, I had no idea. Let me go ahead and create my own nonsense twitter...

Edit: I already have one... shockingly, its @Calamari41

Lol. I followed you. I probably won't be able to send you a friend request myself because my suggestions list is flooded already. They really need to fix that...

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'm always curious about numbers in usernames. Why 41? Alpha-numeric keyboard position?

Honestly it just came to me. I had calamari for the first time in the 6th grade, went home to change my AIM handle in honor of the dish, and the 41 just sounded so right.

Lol. I followed you. I probably won't be able to send you a friend request myself because my suggestions list is flooded already. They really need to fix that...

I figured you'd be right on it! You aren't showing up in my suggestions list yet, I guess it takes time or something.

Edit: Oh, I hadn't followed you back. Friend request sent!

Marvie_3

Banned
Yeah its stupid you cant delete the suggested friends without blocking them.

Honestly it just came to me. I had calamari for the first time in the 6th grade, went home to change my AIM handle in honor of the dish, and the 41 just sounded so right.

Dig it. I thought there was. 99% chance it was random, and a 1% chance you were a closet Dave Matthews fan.

Socreges

Banned
leafs lose their next two in reg, edmonton wins one against the nucks

in that case we'd be tied with edmonton but have the tank tiebreaker

but never count on the oilers to win a hockey game, even if it's vancouver
Loving these passive aggressive salvos from one shitty team to another.

Canucks are 3-1-1 against the Oilers this year. I figure they'll, regrettably, split the two games.

Parch

They're really making a big deal out of this last game at Rexall, and I suppose it is. That crappy barn has been the center of entertainment in Edmonton for a long time. Between the sports and concerts, a lot has gone in there.

I wasn't here during the dynasty, but talking with those who were emphasizes how big of a deal it was at the time. Hockey is kinda important to Canadians. What I did experience was the atmosphere during the 2006 finals, and holy crap, was that place rockin'. I've never heard an arena so loud. It was incredible.

But the town really needs a new rink, and hopefully new digs will be an incentive and turning point from how pathetic the team has been lately. There is so much apathy from fans right now. A shiny new palace can make people care again.

Socreges

Banned
They're really making a big deal out of this last game at Rexall, and I suppose it is. That crappy barn has been the center of entertainment in Edmonton for a long time. Between the sports and concerts, a lot has gone in there.

I wasn't here during the dynasty, but talking with those who were emphasizes how big of a deal it was at the time. Hockey is kinda important to Canadians. What I did experience was the atmosphere during the 2006 finals, and holy crap, was that place rockin'. I've never heard an arena so loud. It was incredible.

But the town really needs a new rink, and hopefully new digs will be an incentive and turning point fr om how pathetic the team has been lately. There is so much apathy from fans right now. A shiny new palace can make people care again.
Not being among the worst teams in the NHL on a constant basis might also help.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

But the town really needs a new rink, and hopefully new digs will be an incentive and turning point from how pathetic the team has been lately. There is so much apathy from fans right now. A shiny new palace can make people care again.
I was there back when it was Northlands Coliseum and also went to school near there as well.

The arena isn't the problem, it was the years or terrible management, lack of quality players past the first round, and rushing of high draft picks to the NHL that is causing the shit show in Edmonton.

So they'll need a lot more fixing before they turn it around.

fallout

the downfall started december 2nd, we were the worst team in the NHL in december
Look, I don't need your crazy advanced mathematical statistics like "wins" and "losses" that you need a PhD to understand. It's all about how they felt they were playing, alright?

Philly plays 4 games in 5 nights, with their playoff hopes on the line. Brutal.

3 huge games tonight. Columbus-Toronto, Vancouver-Edmonton, Philadelphia-Detroit.

Top Bottom