• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2016 |OT| Misery's End

Socreges

Banned
I would honestly feel bad for Matthews if draft him, why the fuck would he want to play for this team

Maybe Lou will make Arizona an offer they can't refuse to trade them the 1st overall
Toronto fans: We have a 20% chance of drafting Matthews!
Matthews: Toronto only has a 20% chance of drafting Matthews!

Nice job Bo, show your skills after the game is out of reach.
To be fair, he normally cranks it up and causes the Canucks to win. Nice of him to impress in a losing effort this time.

Foggy

Phew, Sparks is really that bad.

Regardless of how things shake out in free agency and the draft, Toronto's up shit creek in a shit canoe with shit paddles if they can't snag a good goalie somehow. Not sure what goalie free agency looks like in the next couple years, but unless they got a golden boy tucked away somewhere, they're going to have to steal a goalie from someone.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Phew, Sparks is really that bad.

Regardless of how things shake out in free agency and the draft, Toronto's up shit creek in a shit canoe with shit paddles if they can't snag a good goalie somehow. Not sure what goalie free agency looks like in the next couple years, but unless they got a golden boy tucked away somewhere, they're going to have to steal a goalie from someone.

Pls reimer

Pls come back

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
James Mirtle @mirtle
The Leafs are now guaranteed to finish 29th or 30th this season.

One more regulation loss seals last place.

Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC
Only TOR or EDM can finish 30th now. A regulation loss during one of the final two games puts TOR in last for sure.

1. Edmonton
2. Vancouver
3. Winnipeg
4. Toronto

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I would honestly feel bad for Matthews if draft him, why the fuck would he want to play for this team

Maybe Lou will make Arizona an offer they can't refuse to trade them the 1st overall
If we traded our 1st OA for ARI's 1st Rd 2016 and Strome + , I'd be happy to do that. I don't see it happening though and you have to wonder how that would look in a few seasons if one of those two don't pan out.

1. Edmonton
2. Vancouver
3. Winnipeg
4. Toronto
My personal nightmare
1. Crapmondump (it's like getting McDavid AND Eichel the year after and I quit watching hockey)
2. Montreal (they get one of the Finns to help with their biggest weakness in scoring and I see them turn their team around quickly)
3. Ottawa (divisional rival getting the other Finn so we'd face both often and we get burned by both)
4. Another divisional rival / Leafs (assuming we finish 30th)
5. Leafs (assuming we finish 29th) go fuck yourselves. I'm out.

zroid

Banned
If we traded our 1st OA for ARI's 1st Rd 2016 and Strome + , I'd be happy to do that. I don't see it happening though and you have to wonder how that would look in a few seasons if one of those two don't pan out.

Yea.. it'd probably be something like Strome + ARI's 1st + a top D prospect

Strome is pretty much a sure thing so that's not really a concern, but you wonder if he can be a 1C like Matthews definitely will

If Arizona does want that first overall pick.

Make sure you get Max Domi in that deal

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It's like... I still remember McDavid's face when Edmonton won the lottery, y'know? That shit sticks with you.

Matthews would have a similar reaction about going to Toronto I'm sure

I think you take more joy in the process of rebuilding and dread when it could end.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
so I guess tonight was good for the Leafs draft position? couldn't tell
Worse possible is 5th overal at this point. If we lose in regulation again, it's 4th overall as worse, but I don't see a big difference in the player we'd get at that point. I'd just be super fucking salty and it would be the Leafiest way to fuck us over if we still somehow got 5th overal.

Yawnier

Banned
1. Edmonton
2. Vancouver
3. Winnipeg
4. Toronto

My personal nightmare
1. Crapmondump (it's like getting McDavid AND Eichel the year after and I quit watching hockey)
2. Montreal (they get one of the Finns to help with their biggest weakness in scoring and I see them turn their team around quickly)
3. Ottawa (divisional rival getting the other Finn so we'd face both often and we get burned by both)
4. Another divisional rival / Leafs (assuming we finish 30th)
5. Leafs (assuming we finish 29th) go fuck yourselves. I'm out.

LRTU2yT.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
How can you possibly still watch hockey if you're an Oilers fan? I can't comprehend what this many years of being the shittiest team does to you.

Yawnier

Banned
How can you possibly still watch hockey if you're an Oilers fan? I can't comprehend what this many years of being the shittiest team does to you.

You can take a stroll over to the Oilers forum on HFBoards if you want.

Those motherfuckers are cranky and bitter as fuck.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Worse possible is 5th overal at this point. If we lose in regulation again, it's 4th overall as worse, but I don't see a big difference in the player we'd get at that point. I'd just be super fucking salty and it would be the Leafiest way to fuck us over if we still somehow got 5th overal.

Here's a phone Kuro, call someone who cares.

Top Bottom