• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2016 |OT| Misery's End

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This is still in my imgur account

npiU4XD.jpg

I think that's Dastardly, Quick, Crazed, Marvie, Myself, Sef, Razor, Smelly / Soc, Bruce, Soc / Smelly

Edit : Dastardly's avatar there is a GOAT avatar on Gaf

Socreges

Banned
I was bottom-right. I've had a Canucks goalie avatar ever since The Controversy™. Hoping to move on to Markstrom next year.

Then Demko.

Hah. Re Demko being nominated for the Hobey Baker:

Only one goalie has ever won the Hobey Baker award - Ryan Miller in 2000, when he put up video game numbers: 31-5-4, .950 SV% (!!!) and 1.32 GAA for Michigan State.

Solo

It would be glorious if the Leafs finish 30th and the lottery fucks them and they pick 4th. Glorious.

Looks the the Habs are going to finish where they are, in 8th last, so they are picking either 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 9th, 10th, or 11th. It would be a dream if lady luck gave them a top 3 pick.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
pls roll over tonight Loafs

Don't fuck this up Flyers.

The last thing we need is the Penwangs to kill the Flyers playoff chances...

LevelNth

Banned
Tonight is almost a perfect situation for the Leafs to secure at least a Top 4 pick, as though the Flyers don't have to win tonight, they are really, really going to want to especially in case Boston beats the Wings.

Cake Boss

Banned
Anyone else read todays Globe article on Sportsnet producers getting fired right before the playoffs?? Yesterday's shitty productions values and the font finally made sense.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor.../+Media&utm_campaign=Shared+Web+Article+Links

When ratings do not reach the projections given to advertisers, broadcasters have to give their clients free commercial time as compensation, known as make-goods. The problem for Rogers is that the loss of viewers is so severe that it has to give out far more make-goods than was planned.

lol get fucked.

David Shoalts ‏@dshoalts 35m35 minutes ago
Extra thoughts fm Rogers story: They told advertisers Yr 1 of deal would see 20% bump in viewers. Was 16% decline folo by 16% again this yr.

David Shoalts ‏@dshoalts 33m33 minutes ago
Rogers original plan was 20% gain folo by gain in Yr 2, let's say 10%. In 2 yrs they expected 30% gain. Instead, 32% drop fm CBC's last yr.

David Shoalts ‏@dshoalts 34m34 minutes ago
That is a huge disparity in what Rogers expected and what Rogers is getting from NHL deal. Hence the turmoil at Rogers Media.

David Shoalts ‏@dshoalts 32m32 minutes ago
Also, when you spend ave $430-million/yr on NHL rights, doesn't leave much to buy other programs. So Rogers ratings suffer in entertainment.

I love how fucking blind Rogers is to the whole situation, they think the only issue is and always going to be Canadian teams not making the playoffs, but they ignore the lower rating from last season when 5 of them made the playoffs and still got shittier ratings.

I know personally that I avoided any Sportsnet broadcast for a snes game for the past 2 years on the sole factor that its shittier quality coming from watching a TSN regional broadcast all season, saw myself watching a lot less Saturday night games because of that, and was too lazy to figure out whether its playing on Sportsnet One, Ontario, CBC, CityTV, or the other billion Sportsnet channels that are out there. Before the Rogers deal the game was either on CBC, TSN or Sportsnet East.

zroid

Banned
I wonder if they will just scratch Drouin till the playoffs start

wouldn't they lose a year of RFA if he plays one more regular season game?

I forget how that works exactly

LevelNth

Banned
I wonder if they will just scratch Drouin till the playoffs start

wouldn't they lose a year of RFA if he plays one more regular season game?

I forget how that works exactly
Drouin is 21 already, his EL contract is tolling no matter where he plays.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Huge night tonight on the road to 4th place.

Additionally, tonight we hand out the Steven McDonald Extra Effort Award, for the Rangers player who went above and beyond the call of duty, as voted by the fans. This year there doesn't really seem to be much of a consensus winner like there has been the last few years. Last year was Cam Talbot, the year before that Mats Zuccarello, Ryan Callahan before that, and so on.

My vote this year was for Keith Yandle. I could also see it going to Zucc (most likely), Jesper Fast, JT Miller, Kevin Klein, or Henrik Lundqvist. Genuinely curious to see who ends up taking it, as I imagine the vote was rather split this time around.

zroid

Banned
Drouin is 21 already, his EL contract is tolling no matter where he plays.

I'm not talking about the ELC, but when UFA comes up.

I heard that if he played one more game this season then it would knock off a year of control. Not sure tho.

UberTag

Tonight is almost a perfect situation for the Leafs to secure at least a Top 4 pick, as though the Flyers don't have to win tonight, they are really, really going to want to especially in case Boston beats the Wings.
Boston isn't beating anyone. Except a bunch of players from those Canuck teams on the golf course while the real men battle for the Cup.

(I weep for my Bruins. Plus, Detroit gets to keep that silly streak of theirs.)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Henrik Lundqvist has been named the Rangers' Team MVP, voted on by the media, for a franchise record 8th time.

Jesper Fast has been named the Rangers' Players' Player award winner, as voted by the, uh, players.

No Dan Girardi at morning skate. Not really a surprise.

Yawnier

Banned
pls roll over tonight Loafs

Don't fuck this up Flyers.

The last thing we need is the Penwangs to kill the Flyers playoff chances...

Bernier is (prob.) playing tonight so gl

Hopefully November Bernier shows up tonight instead of March Bernier.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dan Girardi is considered day to day, might or might not play in season finale on Saturday.

Henrik Lundqvist starts tonight, Kevin Hayes back in for Oscar Lindberg, who returns to his spot in the press box.

Silexx

Anyone else read todays Globe article on Sportsnet producers getting fired right before the playoffs?? Yesterday's shitty productions values and the font finally made sense.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor.../+Media&utm_campaign=Shared+Web+Article+Links

lol get fucked.

I love how fucking blind Rogers is to the whole situation, they think the only issue is and always going to be Canadian teams not making the playoffs, but they ignore the lower rating from last season when 5 of them made the playoffs and still got shittier ratings.

I know personally that I avoided any Sportsnet broadcast for a snes game for the past 2 years on the sole factor that its shittier quality coming from watching a TSN regional broadcast all season, saw myself watching a lot less Saturday night games because of that, and was too lazy to figure out whether its playing on Sportsnet One, Ontario, CBC, CityTV, or the other billion Sportsnet channels that are out there. Before the Rogers deal the game was either on CBC, TSN or Sportsnet East.

I have to think that with this keeping up, Rogers could eventually enter a broadcast sharing agreement with TSN for some of their national games.

imBask

Banned
I have to think that with this keeping up, Rogers could eventually enter a broadcast sharing agreement with TSN for some of their national games.

i'm guessing TSN would play hard to get and I love it, Rogers fucked them by offering a RIDICULOUS amount of money to take the rights away from them and now it's backfiring...

Top Bottom