• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2016 |OT| Misery's End

Calamari41

41 > 38
L0NES8d_zps0mc3yoff.gif

Beaten at our own bonfire. What a world.

Good game, Cheatin' Nucks.

eyeless

jesus christ the nucks actually won

i'm fully erect

edit; those two points bumped them down to 6th last

this tank race is savage

my heart can't take it

Yawnier

Banned
jesus christ the nucks actually won

i'm fully erect

edit; those two points bumped them down to 6th last

this tank race is savage

my heart can't take it

Bunch of the pacific tanking teams all play each other over the next week too. Canucks vs. Oilers x2, Oilers vs. Flames, Canucks vs. Flames

It's gonna be more intense than any of the playoff races

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
goddamnit Canucks, getting our hopes up and then ending the season on a win streak?

fuck that shit

we'll probably beat the Oilers too fuckkk

Current Tank standings.

in141pN.png

Pretty sure the Oilers are going to have last place locked up by monday. Jackets and Leafs (Sorry Quick) need to win tonight. Jackets is more realistic than the Leafs however.

Forgot to say, on NHL radio yesterday they had some Oilers guy on. Can't remember if he was management or press, but probably a reporter based on what he was saying.

He said that he fully expects at least one of RNH, Eberle, or Hall to be traded this summer for defense. Yakupov is expected to be traded alongside whoever goes out of those three to get that defender.

He specifically listed Hall for Hamonic, RNH for Brodin, and Eberle for Vatanen as possibilities, with Yakupov thrown in to either balance things out or to maybe add in a depth defender. Probably only one gets traded, but depending on where and who they draft they might deal away more than one.

He then was asked about the draft and listed a few possibilities. Matthews = keeping obviously. Laine or Puljujarvi = might keep, but also very distinct possibility they get traded away right after the draft for defensive help if the Oil don't want to get rid of one of the above. Trading down apparently hasn't been talked about at all and he doesn't think they'll do that at all.

So basically Edmonton are doing exactly what everyone was telling them to do at the later drafts after gaining Hall?

"Yeah they'll get a D this time - they gotta right?"

Yawnier

Banned
Current Tank standings.

in141pN.png

Pretty sure the Oilers are going to have last place locked up by monday. Jackets and Leafs (Sorry Quick) need to win tonight. Jackets is more realistic than the Leafs however.
If the Red Wings can't beat the leafs tonight they probably don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

I'm very curious to see what teams would trade a top 2 defencemen - whom are traditionally seen as far harder to draft and develop and what Edmonton actually needs - for Hall, RNH or Eberle.

Maybe I am underestimating their value. It just doesn't seem like teams are pining for expensive, and somewhat inconsistent, forwards.

zroid

Banned
I'm very curious to see what teams would trade a top 2 defencemen - whom are traditionally seen as far harder to draft and develop and what Edmonton actually needs - for Hall, RNH or Eberle.

Maybe I am underestimating their value. It just doesn't seem like teams are pining for expensive, and somewhat inconsistent, forwards.

Hall's injury history is a little concerning but he's top 3 LW in the league when healthy, so I don't think fetching a big haul for him would be too difficult

I don't know if Nuge or Eberle will get them a legit top pair defenceman though. A mid-tier #2, maybe.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Both of my brothers-in-law are wings fans. I would love for the Leafs to stomp their playoff hopes.
It would be poetic if it was Babcock's Leafs that did them in; however, the Wings are playing poorly enough that they don't need our help to miss the playoffs.

I wonder what happened to Larkin though...he really seems to have cooled off. Maybe it's just the grind of a lot of games.

so evgeni malkin, marc andre fluery, and olli maatta injured going into the playoffs. What fun. And on top of that Rust, Wilson, and Porter are injured too.

Porter doesnt matter at all, but thats 3 of our top players and 2 bottom liners that have been playing well

so evgeni malkin, marc andre fluery, and olli maatta injured going into the playoffs. What fun. And on top of that Rust, Wilson, and Porter are injured too.

Porter doesnt matter at all, but thats 3 of our top players and 2 bottom liners that have been playing well

Man, that's terrible news. Sad! even.

Yawnier

Banned

At least you guys still have Kessel

zroid

Banned
Canucks going on a winning streak. Penguins getting banged up just when their playoff spot is all but guaranteed. Everything is turning up Leafs.

I fucking hate how the Leafs have played as of late. While it's nice to see the kids do pretty well, this isn't the best way for a rebuild to go. It was going great until recently.

Please win your remaining 3, Oilers. Or at least 2/3. And Leafs, lose every damned game. Damn it. Stop being asshats.

Bob Cole doing the Leafs game tonight :O

I have a lot of respect for the man, but his voice has become grating to me and he makes a lot of mistakes. We're all human, though.

He deserves respect.

Quick

Banned
Bob Cole is old. I like his voice, but it's more the matter of his ability to call the game accurately that is questionable in some parts.

Leafs kids are doing well, and I'm happy about that. But it's at the cost of the tank. In the end, the Oilers will still get #1 overall, and I definitely wouldn't be too upset at a top 5 pick in the end.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I want nobody to win Pens-Isles. Maybe the ice at Barclays can melt or something.

Clinching scenarios for today, by the way:

* The Penguins will clinch a playoff berth if they defeat the Islanders in any fashion OR if the Red Wings lose to the Maple Leafs in any fashion OR if they get one point against the Islanders AND the Red Wings defeat the Maple Leafs in a shootout

* The Rangers will clinch a playoff berth if they defeat the Sabres in regulation or overtime OR if they defeat the Sabres in a shootout AND the Red Wings lose to the Maple Leafs in any fashion OR if they get one point against the Sabres AND the Red Wings lose to the Maple Leafs in regulation.

* The Panthers will clinch a playoff berth if they defeat the Canadiens in any fashion AND the Red Wings lose to the Maple Leafs in any fashion OR if they get one point against the Canadiens AND the Red Wings lose to the Maple Leafs in regulation.

* The Lightning will clinch a playoff berth if they defeat the Devils in any fashion AND the Red Wings lose to the Maple Leafs in regulation.

Top Bottom