• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2017 |OT| The Previous Thread is in the Hall of Fame

Cake Boss

Banned
sKpQS-hC_400x400.jpg

Silexx

Let's see if we have learned anything from putting young players in terrible positions to succeed, like we did with Puempel, Prince and Lazar this season alone.

facepalm-emoji-ios10-emojipedia-xxlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqW8gFm9eQxfBStHqt6ouwgnO3Cp87GhLrsyPExAkLruI.jpg

White only has to be better than most of the bottom six guys to justify his presence on the roster, which is an incredibly low bar right now, so I won't worry to much about his place in the lineup and the expectations for him to produce.

Merguson

Banned
Franson would be a huge upgrade over Polak, that's for sure. Andrew Nielsen is having a pretty good year for the Marlies, though. He might be ready to go next year.

I don't know about full-time but Nielsen and Dermott should be getting a handful of games in the NHL if possible.

tomorrow I'm rooting for the Kings? Go beat them Oilers!

Unfortunately, I also predict the Ducks will lose to the Flames at home for the first time in 13 years.

Also i think people are forgetting his patented one giveaway a game that leads to a goal

Remember when he wanted 6m per and a long term contract?

I might be misremembering, but I think Mirtle and his collective were losing their shit over the Leafs not signing him.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What's Zroid's thoughts on bringing Franson back?

Now Weber is out for two more games, will be traveling back to Montreal.

Well shit. I hope he's good for the playoffs.
CJ said it was precautionary, with the Division all but clinched I hope they rest half the team this week.

yyzjohn

Banned
I didn't forget, I don't want him on the leafs. He's a defensive liability (more so than Hunwick or Polak).

You're kind of nuts with talk like this. Franson was miscast in his previous Leafs run. He's a hell of a better option than Hunwick or Polak on the bottom pair. I'd have no problems with Franson as a #5-6

Cake Boss

Banned
Ian Mendes‏Verified account @ian_mendes 29m29 minutes ago
More
Dorion admits the Sens called league office when Ceci got hurt to see if they could call up Thomas Chabot.

Dorion said if another D goes down, the team would be eligible to call up Chabot on an emergency basis.

uswumoy.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
ESPN.com: If I gave you a Hart Trophy ballot, how would you fill it out?

Price: Oof. Connor McDavid, Sidney Crosby and probably Sergei Bobrovsky.

ESPN.com: Which means you'd give the Vezina to Bobrovsky?

Price: Yeah, it's really outstanding what Bob has done this season -- going from a point in his career where he openly confessed that he had zero confidence and then to come back and play the way he has this year is just really impressive.
Officer Bob has the Lords blessing 🙏🙏🙏

I hope the Leafs are embarrassed by the giant steaming shit they took at centre ice last time they played in Barfalow and use that as motivation to get a win tonight.

This is the last "easy" (I say easy but it's the Leafs, nothing is ever easy) game they have before shit gets super real for the last 4 games. You kinda need points here.

yyzjohn

Banned
I hope the Leafs are embarrassed by the giant steaming shit they took at centre ice last time they played in Barfalow and use that as motivation to get a win tonight.

This is the last "easy" (I say easy but it's the Leafs, nothing is ever easy) game they have before shit gets super real for the last 4 games. You kinda need points here.

Only advantage Leafs have tonight is Buffalo played yesterday so theoretically should be more tired tonight.

Franson is somehow less mobile than either of Hunwick or Polak. And he'll want three millions and a few years.

He really ought to be calling up McPhee.

The MLB gametracker thing on their website is actually pretty good. Nice layout, updates quickly and accurately. Keeping track of the Jays game in class.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Franson is somehow less mobile than either of Hunwick or Polak. And he'll want three millions and a few years.

He really ought to be calling up McPhee.

Leafs are going to be tight with the cap next season as well

brown, hyman need to be signed
zaitsev is getting $4.5 million
we stupidly took eric fehr
we will have bonus overages of like $5 million

going to be interesting offseason, me thinks.

I think the Leafs think Vegas is taking Fehr.

Socreges

Banned

Leafs Cup window ends in June

yyzjohn

Banned

There's 14.5million of cap hits coming off with Laich, Greening and Michalek, Robidas, Polak and Hunwich all UFAs

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
League saying they're not going to the 2018 Olympics

what's really dumb about this is IIHF has agreed to pay for all costs relating to NHL players

NHL is being stupid wanting to allow mentions of their clubs and use highlights

ZeroGravity

I feel so fucking bad for Stamkos. Missed the last two because of not being selected and injury, won't be able to participate in the next two either.

Arizona only two points behind Vancouver now, but Vancouver has a game in hand.

Now if New Jersey could win a game that'll be great.

Top Bottom