• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2017 |OT| The Previous Thread is in the Hall of Fame

Socreges

Banned
Canucks Extend Megna for one year.

🤔
36c67cf603670d027a5a2ed3b04f81a6.png

Gemel Smith scores a shortie.

What planet am I living on?

EDIT: Offsides 😒
what's that

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm 10 minutes away from where they're doing the hometown hockey and I still couldn't be bothered to go

Colorado, with nothing to play for, down by 3, pulls their goalie with a minute and a half left.

???

Bednar don't give a shit. I haven't read anything on the team this year aside from how awful they are. How much of this is on Bednar? How much is the players not giving a shit? I'd be amazed if they brought Bednar back, which is a shame because he seemed to have a lot of promise and inherited a shit show, especially with how difficult it is to get a HC gig in the NHL, kinda feel for him, but I feel like he should have managed better than he did.

PillarEN

Wasn't that he Avs corsi all sorts of terrible and they were supposed to be bad even when Roy was still coach going into this season?

Wasn't that he Avs corsi all sorts of terrible and they were supposed to be bad even when Roy was still coach going into this season?

Even when they were good under Roy, their stats were an anomaly, much like the 14/15 Flames, unsustainable etc... I was always kind of flabbergasted by the moves that Sakic was making, picking up guys that were too shitty to make our roster, guys like Comeau, Colborne, a well aged Tanguay (who is miles ahead of the other two). But there were a lot of really questionable signings, their defense isn't great and the Varly injury didn't help matters any. Their core is still there though, they just did not produce in the slightest, I think the system has a lot to do with it, Iginla did well enough there in previous years, awful this year, and did pretty damn decent in LA so far, so I find it difficult to blame the players entirely, obviously thats a microcosm.

Regarding former Flames, I will pay Jim Benning a rare compliment and say that he picked up guys that I thought showed a ton of promise and were legit good NHLers even if they were bottom six guys that could flex into the top when needed in Granlund and Baertschi. Both of whom fell out of favor under Hartley, Sven in particular.

Line_HTX

Watch as the Coyotes' final act, spurned by the state of Arizona and no longer welcome in Glendale, win in a Shootout to eliminate the Kings.

Why the fuck did they ever have an NHL team and not Houston...

Top Bottom