• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2017 |OT| The Previous Thread is in the Hall of Fame

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Watch as the Coyotes' final act, spurned by the state of Arizona and no longer welcome in Glendale, win in a Shootout to eliminate the Kings.

Why the fuck did they ever have an NHL team and not Houston...

Blame Minnesota for the Coyotes' existence, Les Alexander was burnt by the NHL, yadda yadda yadda.

Marvie_3

Banned
Wait, Avs are still playing hockey?

Didn't they get the memo? CAPS ON BABY ITS BASEBALL SEASON
Fuck yes. So excited for tomorrow.

Watch as the Coyotes' final act, spurned by the state of Arizona and no longer welcome in Glendale, win in a Shootout to eliminate the Kings.

Why the fuck did they ever have an NHL team and not Houston...
Theyve had 1000 final acts already.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I wonder how many games Price plays this week, they said he won't play all the remaining games and he could probably use some rest. I expect Lindgren to start in Tampa and possibly Buffalo.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
COYOTES WIN

PREDS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS

AROOOOOOOOOOOOOO

hsKjedt.gif

Line_HTX

Move the Coyotes to a more worthy city.

Nuke the Sharks.

This bullshit season is finally over. How about have a better opponent that won't kill your season on Opening Night next time?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So the Flyers have officially been eliminated from the playoffs. Always nice to be the ones to knock them out.

The Rangers finally won at home, their first win at MSG since February 19. And they STILL nearly gave this one away at the end. They've also hit the 100 point mark for the third season in a row, the second time that's happened in franchise history.

And with 3 games left in the season, I believe it is now impossible for them to catch up to third place in the Metro (even if they won their last three in regulation and ended up tied with the BJs, the BJs will win the tiebreaker on goal differential).

So that means the playoffs right now (highlighted teams are locked into their finishing positions):

Senators @ Capitals
Blue Jackets @ Penguins
Rangers @ Canadiens
Maple Leafs @ Bruins

Predators @ Blackhawks
Blues @ Wild
Flames @ Ducks
Sharks @ Oilers

The Western Conference's 8 teams are now set, just a matter of jockeying for position. The Habs are basically two points away from clinching the Atlantic and finally officially locking in that matchup that's been looking inevitable for half the season now.

Also, I foresee this gif getting a lot of use in the playoffs:

kluIW7m.gif

At the very least I expect to use it a bunch. :/

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

You just know the sweep is going to happen

also, with the Canucks home loss the the Sharks tonight that's their franchise record-setting 11th loss at home in a row.

Yotes won too, we're coming for that 2nd seed in the draft and thus 5th overall pick!

Marvie_3

Banned
You just know the sweep is going to happen

also, with the Canucks home loss the the Sharks tonight that's their franchise record-setting 11th loss at home in a row.

Yotes won too, we're coming for that 2nd seed in the draft and thus 5th overall pick!
shut up smelly

Marvie_3

Banned
Opening Day! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Foggy

BJs offense has been ass, their power play has been turbo ass, and they let Werenski get smashed into oblivion.

Things are looking grim at the worst time.

Move the Coyotes to a more worthy city.

Nuke the Sharks.

This bullshit season is finally over. How about have a better opponent that won't kill your season on Opening Night next time?
Thanks god hope they fucking realized what a joke they were and we have a full season of quick. Still blows my mind how they are first in GA and not make the playoffs.

yyzjohn

Banned
I have to feel bad for the Sens with Karlsson, Methot and Ceci all out. I tried to imagine the Leafs defense with Rielly, Gardiner and Zaitsev out and I came up with these pairs:

Hunwick-Carrick
Marincin-Polak
Nielsen-Marchenko

Solo

1 week left in the season. Hoping to see the SNES bottom out and Tampa take over WC #2. Because let's be honest, the Caps would destroy Ottawa, but Tampa? I think Tampa upsets the Caps.

imBask

Banned
Slightly hoping that they continue to meltdown for complete offseason fuckery that could happen this summer.

do you really though? Don't you think they'll just go with the "close one! we'll try next year we have a good core we'll keep building on what we have" excuse?

Cake Boss

Banned
do you really though? Don't you think they'll just go with the "close one! we'll try next year we have a good core we'll keep building on what we have" excuse?

Seeing how the fanbase has grown out of that bullshit excuse and this season's ticket sales are the lowest they been since Melndick took over, I can see some more changes coming.

God I hope so at least.

imBask

Banned
Seeing how the fanbase has grown out of that bullshit excuse and this season's ticket sales are the lowest they been since Melndick took over, I can see some more changes coming.

God I hope so at least.

oh right if tickets are down you're correct, money speaks

or they'll just up the prices of hotdogs

Marvie_3

Banned

God I hope so at least.
Melnyk leaving is the most important change you guys need.

Cake Boss

Banned
Let's see if we have learned anything from putting young players in terrible positions to succeed, like we did with Puempel, Prince and Lazar this season alone.

Ryan-Turris-Stone
Burrows-Pageau-Pyatt
Hoffman-Brassard-Stalberg
Wingels-Kelly-White
Dzingel extra

facepalm-emoji-ios10-emojipedia-xxlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqW8gFm9eQxfBStHqt6ouwgnO3Cp87GhLrsyPExAkLruI.jpg

Samyy

Well clearly if rookies can't succeed in spite of how awful they're deployed, they never deserved to be in the NHL in the first place!
/s

Weber is out for the Panthers game,has a lower body injury. Oh god oh god oh god.

What's our lines going to be?

Beaulieu Markov

Emelin Petry

Nesterov Davidson/ Benn?

Oh SHIT Lindgren is starting against Panthers fuck yeah boys.

Merguson

Banned
Franson said he wouldn't mind returning to the Leafs in the off-season.

I would welcome him back. Get rid of Polak and Hunwick.

Rielly, Gardiner, Zaitsev, Carrick, and Franson.

Then we steal Tanev from Vancouver.

Franson would be a huge upgrade over Polak, that's for sure. Andrew Nielsen is having a pretty good year for the Marlies, though. He might be ready to go next year.

Top Bottom