• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2017 |OT| The Previous Thread is in the Hall of Fame

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It's alot to ask of Tampa with both games on the road. Leafs game they'll have an advantage since it's 3 games in 4 nights for Leafs on Thursday but it's still a lot to ask.

Oh definitely but I'd rather take that then beat up on some other teams and hope for a loss. I want to be in control!

Solo

There's technically like a 0.00001% chance the Rangers could climb into 3rd place in the Metro still. Here's the exact set of circumstances that would cause that to happen:

1) The Rangers go 3-0-0 in their final three games
2) All of those wins are in regulation or overtime.
3) They win those games with an average margin of victory of at least +3 per game.
4) The Blue Jackets go 0-4-0 in their final four games.
5) They lose those games with an average margin of loss of at least -3 per game.

If all of that pans out, then the Rangers and Blue Jackets would both end with 106 points and 47 ROW. Their season series had an odd number of games, so the first game in the arena with the extra home game is thrown out, leaving the teams 2-2 against each other on the season, earning 4 points each. That leaves it down to goal differential, where Columbus currently has a +20 lead over the Rangers. If the margin of victory/defeat in each of those 7 games that remain is 3, that is a 21 point swing in goal differential in the Rangers' favor, giving them third place in the Metropolitan Division.

Suffice it to say, this is not happening, so yes, Rangers-Habs is locked. :D

Face it, Meta. It's time for Price's revenge.

I like how people want Rare to make another platformer, they're a husk of what they once were. I was surprised they shut Lionhead down over Rare.

Solo

Hey guys, 4 weeks from now on May 2, it's the 50th anniversary of the Leafs last winning a Cup. How shall we honor and celebrate our Leafs GAF brethren?

BTails

I'll pick up MEA later this year when all the fixes are in.

Have ME:A sitting at home, was going to start it, but decided to start Kingdom Hearts instead, which was a good move. By the time I finish the four games in that collection, maybe all the fixes for ME:A will be in. It's a tough wait, since I love the franchise, but it'll be better in the long run, I'm sure.

ShaneB

The Olympics are a good way to keep ice hockey relevant worldwide, and display the talent that in this sport. NHL are pretty short sighted, shown by the fact that they didn't even try to negotiate. They will probably want to get into China in 2022 but hopefully they get told to fuck off. The WC of Hockey is a joke too.

The only people that care to talk about NHLers not going to the Olympics are people that know about hockey already. Unless I missed the memo that suddenly hockey isn't an Olympic sport.

The sport will still be on display. Like many other cool winter sports people might not see often.

Cake Boss

Banned
The only people that care to talk about NHLers not going to the Olympics are people that know about hockey already. Unless I missed the memo that suddenly hockey isn't an Olympic sport.

The sport will still be on display. Like many other cool winter sports people might not see often.

Like other sports, the best way to show it is with the best talent in the world playing in it, and that talent is all currently in the NHL.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Define "long". They were in it 3 years ago in 2014 and 4 years before that in 2010.
In terms of difficulty of possible opponents, Habs have probably the match ups in the league. Watch them get knocked out by the Rangers just because of it.

as thick as the pile of allegations against him!
Ns7a3hS.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
And lol at the injury argument, how many players started the season injured after the World Cup of Shit and the pre season games this season. Plus that shit is every year, unlike the Olympics it's every 4 years.

Another short sided move by a Micky mouse league that's the NHL.

Also now all of the sudden they care about player safety? Hahahahaha fucckkkk offf.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Lehkonen's 16 goals is the most in a season by a Habs rookie since Guillaume Latendresse in 2006-07.
He's such a cerebral player, I really think he's going to explode in the playoffs, his hockey IQ and two way play will earn him a lot of ice time.

Going to see the Knights tonight, potentially going to miss Buston hitting 40. If he hits it and the Knights lose this will have been a ginormous waste of my time.

Silexx

Pierre Dorion is hold a press conference in a few minutes concerning some kind of "update".

Fake edit: OK, more like scrum rather than conference.

Top Bottom