• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2017 |OT| The Previous Thread is in the Hall of Fame

Cake Boss

Banned
MMMMMMMYYYYYY LIIIIEEEEGGGGEEEEE YOOOOOOO

HES HERE TO SAVE US FROM HIS FORMER TURD ASS TEAMMMM!!

FUCK BUTTHEWS

FUCK BALLSNER

FUCK CUNTLYNDER

ALL HAIL MY LIEEGGGEEEEEE

One last thing

EAT MY ASS DOPEY

When you're -110 in goal differential, the problem goes way beyond just the players.

Let me cling on to hope.

Yeah, like for example our objectively trashtier PP coach who has sucked shit at his job for many years now.

It's virtually impossible to gauge Bednar as a coach amidst the injuries, the lack of depth, our bottom 6 being the worst group of players in the league, our defense being what it is, and our goalies being below average this year.

He'll get one more year, minimum. More if we finish next year with even 20 more points.

Cake Boss

Banned
Found it yess

w6K2pC3.jpg

w6K2pC3.jpg

Yawnier

Banned
So this will be MacArthur's first regular season game in almost a year and a half. God damn that's a long time to be out of it

Not gonna lie I thought MacArthur was probably done for good at this point. Just being out there with his history puts him at a huge risk of having his life completely destroyed.

Hoping for the best for him.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
i'm just gonna leave this here

@SunGarrioch

Boucher said they talked to MacArthur today to tell him he was in. "I think it was a no-brainer," says Boucher. #Sens

yyzjohn

Banned
It's kind of fitting that Ottawa's hero is MacArthur a former Leaf, half the Sens building is already Leafs fans.

BTails

Tonight's going to be the night that the Flames break the Ponda Center curse! Gotta get that W to show everyone we can make it past the first round of the Playoffs!

We're not beating the Ponda curse tonight, :(

mdubs

Banned
Question for the thread: what percentage of your team's games do you watch per season?

This year I'm probably about 45-50/77 for the Leafs.

From 2006-2013 I was about 100% each year. From the point that Randy got fired and throughout last season I barely watched though because they were so bad and I was busier (but followed on twitter).

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Question for the thread: what percentage of your team's games do you watch per season?

From 2006-2013 I was about 100% each year. From the point that Randy got fired and throughout last season I barely watched though because they were so bad and I was busier (but followed on twitter).

I don't actually watch the games. I just look at the corsi charts as they're updated.

I'm usually around 90-100% but probably lower this year because I've been busier, and I can't stay up for west coast games anymore

About 99%

PillarEN

Whenever I lived in North America I would watch 90% of the games. Probably attend like 15 home games if not more. Living outside of North America, 10% of the games. Time difference and sometimes not bothering with online streaming is the reason.

BTails

Probably around 90%. I miss the occasional game here and there when traveling on business, but with a baby at home this season, she usually goes to bed right around game time, so I'm forced to be in the house (and therefore will watch the game, haha).

That being said, my attendance of games has gone done significantly. I used to go to around 10 a year, this year I've been to 2. My wife hasn't been to a single one. We do have tickets for the first round playoffs though (DATE NIGHT!)

Yawnier

Banned

I've probably missed somewhere around 6 or 7 leafs games this season

Even those last two terrible seasons before this one I watched around 90% of the games. I must be a masochist.

Solo

Regular season I'd say 70%. Playoffs 100%.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I guess 90% kinda, I may not watch full games but I am always aware of what's going on.

I've watched every Leafs game this year, though there were I think two third periods I fast forwarded through due to how shitty they were playing. I usually watch 70+ games most years, and that's when they were bad, so I can't see myself missing more than a few per season going forward. Pretty sure I used to watch much less when I was younger (pre salary cap), but the internet / adulthood changed me. My biggest hockey regret back then was missing the game Potvin fought.

In attendance Ive only seen one Hawks game in my entire life.

On TV I might have seen like 5 games this year. Been going down steadily from like 20 per season since I started working.

For my Swedish team I tend to miss <5 games per year, depending on if I have access to internet while on vacation.

ShaneB

Maybe 35/40%? Beats me. I don't care to watch every single game except for the playoffs.

Socreges

Banned

I'm down to about 50-80% now and I don't necessarily watch the entire game. Busy as ever, but the biggest difference is I don't record and watch games later on as much as I used to. If I'm not home, so be it. Less inclined to plan my life around a team that struggles so much and with a journeyman roster.

That said, I've seen two games live

honestly it depends on work; I try to watch the vast majority if can (80% or more) but if i'm traveling on the west coast it can be tricky since some of the early games start at 4 and are done by the time I get home or back to the hotel (vise versa for east coast since some of the games are just too late in the evening).

I may have to end up streaming the radio broadcasts for the playoffs

RC

Banned

Maybe 30%

I used to plan my days around hockey, now I forget if if a game is on.
Although I did see two games live this season, up from just the one last year.

Silexx

On a serious note though, wasn't MacArthur's career in danger due to these concussions? I'm a little shocked to hear he's back like this, are they sure this is a good idea?

He's been cleared by multiple doctors and he's been training with Chris Neil, so you can bet he took a few bumps to make sure he's good to go.

Pikma

Banned

When you have 17+ favorite teams you need to root for it gets hard to achieve that 100%

So I'd say 99%

Top Bottom