• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2017 |OT| The Previous Thread is in the Hall of Fame

Cake Boss

Banned
We go on our biggest losing streak this season once Ryan came back

We had our longest winning streak once he was out

We get back in the game with 10min left against Detroit behind 2 goals, once Ryan got injured midway through 3rd period

We finally win a game and Ryan wasn't playing

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Coinsidence? I THINK NOT!

Solo

Habs/Rags tickets go on sale tomorrow....to go or to take a chance and hope they win the series and wait to go to Round 2 vs Ott/Tor/Bos......hmmmm

BTails

See, I purposefully stayed out of the thread last night because I knew there would be all kinds of shit being thrown around about Calgary.

I don't mind some trash talking, but damn. Ducks can be the dirtiest team in the league when they want to, and the refs already hate Calgary, so we just get all this shit. I mean, did you all turn a blind eye to all the dirty shit the Kesler and Perry were up to? Also, I love how they target are smallest players, seriously, fight someone your own size!

Calgary is a shit city full of subhumans, and their hockey team is staffed by disreputable fellows.

Yeah, fuck you too.

Calamari41

41 > 38
See, I purposefully stayed out of the thread last night because I knew there would be all kinds of shit being thrown around about Calgary.

I don't mind some trash talking, but damn. Ducks can be the dirtiest team in the league when they want to, and the refs already hate Calgary, so we just get all this shit. I mean, did you all turn a blind eye to all the dirty shit the Kesler and Perry were up to? Also, I love how they target are smallest players, seriously, fight someone your own size!

Yeah, fuck you too.

Yeah, sorry, you don't get to play the victim when you took out one of our best players on the eve of the playoffs with a filthy knee-on-knee.

imBask

Banned
Yeah, sorry, you don't get to play the victim when you took out one of our best players on the eve of the playoffs with a filthy knee-on-knee.
also
matt-tkachuk-elbow.gif

^
Victim

BTails

That Knee-on-Knee was accidental, you can see him leaning in with his shoulder. But whatever story you want to run with to make you feel better, go right ahead.

Trash talk the team all you want, but if you guys just want to rip into each other's cities and fans, I'll probably just bow out of the Playoff thread.

Calamari41

41 > 38
That Knee-on-Knee was accidental, you can see him leaning in with his shoulder. But whatever story you want to run with to make you feel better, go right ahead.

Trash talk the team all you want, but if you guys just want to rip into each other's cities and fans, I'll probably just bow out of the Playoff thread.

That's a huge chunk of what the playoffs threads are, especially when the other Calgary fans enter it, so I would probably suggest bowing out if you don't like seeing that kind of thing.

imBask

Banned
I can understand the reasoning to defend New York, Toronto or something, but Calgary?

isn't the biggest local attraction like a broken ATM downtown near "that place where that guy fell down once"? zzz

Calamari41

41 > 38
I can understand the reasoning to defend New York, Toronto or something, but Calgary?

isn't the biggest local attraction like a broken ATM downtown near "that place where that guy fell down once"? zzz

1297488967992_ORIGINAL.jpg

This thing is Calgary's biggest cultural attraction.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Just chiming back in to point out that Columbus lost in regulation by 3 yesterday...

There's technically like a 0.00001% chance the Rangers could climb into 3rd place in the Metro still. Here's the exact set of circumstances that would cause that to happen:

1) The Rangers go 3-0-0 in their final three games
2) All of those wins are in regulation or overtime.
3) They win those games with an average margin of victory of at least +3 per game.
4) The Blue Jackets go 0-4-0 in their final four games.
5) They lose those games with an average margin of loss of at least -3 per game.

If all of that pans out, then the Rangers and Blue Jackets would both end with 106 points and 47 ROW. Their season series had an odd number of games, so the first game in the arena with the extra home game is thrown out, leaving the teams 2-2 against each other on the season, earning 4 points each. That leaves it down to goal differential, where Columbus currently has a +20 lead over the Rangers. If the margin of victory/defeat in each of those 7 games that remain is 3, that is a 21 point swing in goal differential in the Rangers' favor, giving them third place in the Metropolitan Division.

Suffice it to say, this is not happening, so yes, Rangers-Habs is locked. :D

imBask

Banned
to get back on topic, I think it's pretty safe to assume Habs are making it to the final 4 right?

I don't think anyone's nervous about the Rangers
Snes/Boston/Leafs are basically a free pass, plus they'll cannibalize each other in the first round

This is the year, as predicted after we traded Subban

Calamari41

41 > 38
to get back on topic, I think it's pretty safe to assume Habs are making it to the final 4 right?

Snes/Boston/Leafs are basically a free pass, plus they'll cannibalize each other in the first round

I guarantee a Montreal Stanley Cup victory this year

I'm going to capital D-light in quoting this after a first round exit.

Cake Boss

Banned

Lmao and you bitch about Laffs fans not being level headed about their team​.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
All this shitting on Calgary makes me warm and fuzzy inside

Also, newbie: Shittalking is a big part of the playoffs, but we're all friends at the end of the day*. If you dont think that's you can handle that, better stay clear... otherwise feel free to shit on everythin else too!

Except the Kings, fuck the Kings

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Unless we get some dirty Kreider shit, there's no way we're not beating them fair and square

Lundqvist can't stop a beachball against us

This is correct. If we don't get our shit together this week (and Price doesn't have something unfortunate happen to him, say when he's walking down a flight of stairs), the Habs are winning in 5.

On the flip side, if we do actually manage to beat the Habs somehow, I like our chances to win it all. The absolute biggest obstacles between us and the Cup are the Big 3 of the Metro Division and the Habs, and the Metro boys will all be busy destroying each other in the first 2 rounds.

I'm sorry Btails.

Let the man breathe, no wonder no one wants to join HockeyGAF :/

The Flames are a good team 👍 That Johnny Hockey guy is pretty good

Silexx

All this shitting on Calgary makes me warm and fuzzy inside

Also, newbie: Shittalking is a big part of the playoffs, but we're all friends at the end of the day*. If you dont think that's you can handle that, better stay clear... otherwise feel free to shit on everythin else too!

Except the Kings, fuck the Kings

Unless you want to be a Sens fan, then we just shit on ourselves and our team.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'm sorry Btails.

Let the man breathe, no wonder no one wants to join HockeyGAF :/

The Flames are a good team 👍 That Johnny Hockey guy is pretty good

Honestly I feel that calling Calgary citizens subhuman was taking it really easy compared to the kind of rhetoric we're going to be seeing in just a week. People will be accused of raping barn animals in due time.

BTails

giphy.gif

Seems like he's deliberately sticking his knee out and holding his elbow up but anything is possible.

Fox Broadcast, so obviously fake news.

Holy shit BTails pleaded for mercy and you guys just doubled down 😰

At least I can take solace in the fact that the Vancouver-fan is defending me, us Western Canadian team-bros need to stick together (except "Fuck the Nucks" still, no hard feelings).

Top Bottom