• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2017 |OT| The Previous Thread is in the Hall of Fame

Marvie_3

Banned
That Knee-on-Knee was accidental, you can see him leaning in with his shoulder. But whatever story you want to run with to make you feel better, go right ahead.

Trash talk the team all you want, but if you guys just want to rip into each other's cities and fans, I'll probably just bow out of the Playoff thread.
Thats part of the fun though. No need to be so thin skinned. The Cable TV Wars of 2015 were amazing.

I once had a girlfriend tell me to "kiss her where it stinks", so I took her to Calgary.
This joke is always hilarious and works for so many places. Calgary, New Jersey, Solo's vagina, etc.

I have nothing against the Flames.

Other than that the stupid antagonism of Burke seems to have worked itself into the DNA of the organization.

Very similar thing happened with the Leafs. Unfortunately, for most of the time he was there I bought into it. :I

Calamari41

41 > 38
Thats part of the fun though. No need to be so thin skinned. The Cable TV Wars of 2015 were amazing.

The Cable TV Wars of 2015 were the bigger story, but my favorite will always be the time Terrordactyl started claiming Glacier National Park as a reason that Calgary was better than Vancouver.

Marvie_3

Banned
All this shitting on Calgary makes me warm and fuzzy inside

Also, newbie: Shittalking is a big part of the playoffs, but we're all friends at the end of the day*. If you dont think that's you can handle that, better stay clear... otherwise feel free to shit on everythin else too!

Except the Kings, fuck the Kings
One of the few things everyone in NHL-GAF is in complete agreement on.

except the few Kings fans in here but they dont count because theyre basically chuds

Oh yeah....fuck clydefrog

RC

Banned
The Cable TV Wars of 2015 were the bigger story, but my favorite will always be the time Terrordactyl started claiming Glacier National Park as a reason that Calgary was better than Vancouver.

You can get better donairs in Calgary and their liquor stores are open later, but that's pretty much it.

Yawnier

Banned
This joke is always hilarious and works for so many places. Calgary, New Jersey, Solo's vagina, etc.

The first time I visited New Jersey with my family I was actually blown away by how bad it smelled, even out on the NJ turnpike outside of any city it smells like hot garbage

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Whoa you guys went in on Calgary.

Not cool guys.

Sure some of the worst racism I ever encountered was in Calgary during the Stampede but...

Wait fuck Calgary for that!

BTails

I fly to Toronto about 4 times a year for work, and I love visiting the city, but fuck you guys need to chill. Working on Bay St, then everyone goes to grab a drink after work: Nothing like standing around in a suit in a cramped bar, drinking $12 beers (plus tax). Sounds great!

At least in Calgary, I can still get a full pint for $5 after work, usually something craft and delicious from AB or BC. Also, if I wear a tie to work, my employees think I'm going to ream them out, and my boss thinks I have a job interview.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Oh god, don't go after Toronto.

Not because you're wrong, but because they have the numbers to do an unstoppable Zerg rush on you.

BTails

Whoa you guys went in on Calgary.

Not cool guys.

Sure some of the worst racism I ever encountered was in Calgary during the Stampede but...

Wait fuck Calgary for that!

You do realize that most Calgarians avoid the Stampede like the plague, right? Those are all hicks in from the boonies (AKA Red Deer).

Also, seriously, I'd be happy with cutting the city in half, vertically. NW and SW can stay, and the East can go. Well, maybe keep the Saddledome, which is technically in the SE.

BTails

Oh god, don't go after Toronto.

Not because you're wrong, but because they have the numbers to do an unstoppable Zerg rush on you.

Don't worry, Toronto has the unstoppable numbers, but they all have to commute in to actually gather in a crowd. PRO-TIP: don't say you're from Toronto when you live in fucking Markham.

This goes for Vancouver as well. You don't live in Vancouver, you live in Surrey, there's a difference.

WHOA THERE

I tell Western Canadians I'm from Toronto because no one outside of the GTA has heard of my hometown.

At least in Calgary, I can still get a full pint for $5 after work, usually something craft and delicious from AB or BC.

You're not wrong. The beer selection in Western Canada is far better than what those gilded peasant fucks in Toronto have available.

Solo

I don't share bask and Meta's feeling that Round 1 is a slam dunk for the Habs. Throw out the regular season, when these 2 play in the playoffs its going to be close. Pretty much a coin toss. If the Habs can beat the Rags though, I do think they'll roll over Tor/Ott/Bos to go to the ECF.

Really, it doesn't matter though, as Pitt or Columbus will murder them.

RC

Banned
I fly to Toronto about 4 times a year for work, and I love visiting the city, but fuck you guys need to chill. Working on Bay St, then everyone goes to grab a drink after work: Nothing like standing around in a suit in a cramped bar, drinking $12 beers (plus tax). Sounds great!

At least in Calgary, I can still get a full pint for $5 after work, usually something craft and delicious from AB or BC. Also, if I wear a tie to work, my employees think I'm going to ream them out, and my boss thinks I have a job interview.

I'll echo that statement, getting a pint in downtown Toronto is damn expensive. But their strip clubs aren't, go figure.

BTails

Well, Alberta has some shitty tax now on Craft beer. Basically we tax a bunch of it, and give rebates only to AB breweries. It means our Craft scene has exploded over the past couple years, which is great, but at the same time, it also means I can no longer get Muskoka Mad Tom, since Muskoka decided AB is too expensive to ship to now.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Sir you need to scale back right now. I cannot allow you to insult the great institution here of overpriced crappy beer while hanging with the bros.

Please reply with an apology, thank you.

You do realize that most Calgarians avoid the Stampede like the plague, right? Those are all hicks in from the boonies (AKA Red Deer).

Also, seriously, I'd be happy with cutting the city in half, vertically. NW and SW can stay, and the East can go. Well, maybe keep the Saddledome, which is technically in the SE.

I've been to the Stampede three times, that one bit of racism didn't deter me for how fun it actually is.

Line_HTX

Marvie and Smiley are the same Piles of Poo.

ZIHGF1e.png

BTails

Sir you need to scale back right now. I cannot allow you to insult the great institution here of overpriced crappy beer while hanging with the bros.

Please reply with an apology, thank you.

Does this mean I can double down on you too?

I've been to the Stampede three times, that one bit of racism didn't deter me for how fun it actually is.

Oh, it's a freaking blast. I love going, even though I hate 90% of the people who go. The key is to go to a good bar before you go to the Stampede, as the event itself is in bed with Budweiser, so you're only gonna drink that piss there. Get drunk on good stuff first, then drink the piss when you don't care anymore.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't share bask and Meta's feeling that Round 1 is a slam dunk for the Habs. Throw out the regular season, when these 2 play in the playoffs its going to be close. Pretty much a coin toss. If the Habs can beat the Rags though, I do think they'll roll over Tor/Ott/Bos to go to the ECF.

Really, it doesn't matter though, as Pitt or Columbus will murder them.

The big issue is that the Rangers haven't played a genuinely meaningful game in weeks due to the odd gap in the standings they found themselves in, and they've just been kind of dicking around and coasting along this whole time. It's a really hard thing to suddenly turn it all back on and play tight, intense playoff-level hockey all of a sudden, especially against a team that has been pretty hot going down the stretch and has actually had to fight for its spot a bit. Which doesn't even take into account that Hank can't play in Montreal or that Carey Price is literally 7-0-0 against the Rangers since the last time we saw him in the playoffs.

Foggy

Dammit BTails, it's like surviving prison. You gotta be so crazy that nobody would mess with you.

Start calling Quick names like Bitchface McDicksplit and threaten to fuck Marvie's grandpa on his birthday. That's what I would do.

Top Bottom