• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2017 |OT| The Previous Thread is in the Hall of Fame

Calamari41

41 > 38
The Flames are the new Kings, with the exception that they have accomplished jack shit as a franchise in the last generation+ and play in a city with no economy that nobody would ever visit on their own free will.

Pikma

Banned
Calgary is a shit city full of subhumans, and their hockey team is staffed by disreputable fellows.

The Flames are the new Kings, with the exception that they have accomplished jack shit as a franchise in the last generation+ and play in a city with no economy that nobody would ever visit on their own free will.
h2qdj8zb0mdVOFla46hRJwA5es3Cf1gL7s9pkiCo0aFY_XiqqTaW1iGTpJKoxQzt-PZ-pPzLPNVsM-geZpMDlfPOvdWOkdMLUszuGFCI_GujLg=w460-h243-nc

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Playoffs:

Maple Leafs @ Capitals
Blue Jackets @ Penguins
Rangers @ Canadiens
Bruins @ Senators

Predators @ Blackhawks
Blues @ Wild
Flames @ Ducks
Sharks @ Oilers

sirronoh

Playoffs:

Maple Leafs @ Capitals
Blue Jackets @ Penguins
Rangers @ Canadiens
Bruins @ Senators

Predators @ Blackhawks
Blues @ Wild
Flames @ Ducks
Sharks @ Oilers

If the Ducks play the Flames in RD1, they'll get an easy win because Calgary can't win in Anaheim for whatever reason. But I expect those quacks to flame out as usual and not make it to the finals. Quacks are nothing but bums.

Solo

Looking at the remaining schedule.....

Leafs (93 points) - Bolts, BJs, Pens - fucking hard schedule
Isles (88 points) - Canes, Devils, Sens - pretty easy schedule
Bolts (88 points) - Leafs, Habs, Sabres - medium difficulty schedule

Holy shit....it's entirely possible that the Leafs could lose out and either or both of NYI/Tampa could win out and steal the last playoff spot from them. Obviously tomorrow's Leafs/Tampa game is huge.

Solo

I feel for the Leafs (no I don't), but I don't trust the other two to be perfect.

Neither do I. I actually see the Bolts beating the Leafs tomorrow, only to lose to the Habs on Friday. And I can easily see the Canes playing spoiler to the Isles.

yyzjohn

Banned
So after tonight, any Leaf win or any Tampa loss and the Leafs are in, yes?

More than that, Leafs just need a loser point, they don't even have to win any of the remaining 3 games, which means they'll probably lose all 3 in regulation.

Edit: actually with the ROW the Islanders could still pass Leafs if they win 3 and get 39 ROW and Leafs lose all 3 in regulation. So yeah, a win is ideal for the Leafs (or 2 loser points)

Cactus

Banned
Leafs have 97.6% chance to make the playoffs. The scenerios where they would miss are:

A: Their record in remaining games is 0-3 and Tampa Bay wins all remaining games.

B:Their record in remaining games is 0-3 or 0-2-1 and NYI wins all remaining games in regulation or overtime.

yyzjohn

Banned
Let us all pray for those scenarios. ������✝️

The Isles actually have a good shot. They play Carolina, NJ and then Sens. I can easily see Isles winning the first 2, and if Sens lose to Boston and NYR before that game, it'll come down to Isles/Sens for final playoff spot. (This assumes Leafs get 2 points in last 3 games). Either way, it could be really interesting.

Solo said:
If Tampa wins in regulation tomorrow.....there will be some pants shitting going on around here

The pants shitting has already started.

yyzjohn

Banned
Looking at the remaining schedule.....

Leafs (93 points) - Bolts, BJs, Pens - fucking hard schedule
Isles (88 points) - Canes, Devils, Sens - pretty easy schedule
Bolts (88 points) - Leafs, Habs, Sabres - medium difficulty schedule

Holy shit....it's entirely possible that the Leafs could lose out and either or both of NYI/Tampa could win out and steal the last playoff spot from them. Obviously tomorrow's Leafs/Tampa game is huge.

You just gives the Sens a pass? They're in the same boat as the Leafs.

Reckheim

The Isles actually have a good shot. They play Carolina, NJ and then Sens. I can easily see Isles winning the first 2, and if Sens lose to Boston and NYR before that game, it'll come down to Isles/Sens for final playoff spot. (This assumes Leafs get 2 points in last 3 games). Either way, it could be really interesting.

The pants shitting has already started.

Halak has a .939 save percentage in his last 5 starts too.

I still dont think the lighting or the isles have a chance but i'd sleep a lot better at night knowing that the leafs are in.

Top Bottom