• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2017 |OT| The Previous Thread is in the Hall of Fame

i'm pissed.

before the start of the season i predicted Laine would get 42 goals and Matthews would get 40. friends at work looked at me like i was crazy.. "dude have you even watched NHL in recent years, rookies don't get that many goals these days, we're not talking about Crosby and Ovechkin here", i was told..

if only Laine hadn't got injured i might have been spot on. that McCabe fucker who concussed him can go suck a tailpipe.

but hmmm still two games left so it would require two appearances by HATRIK LAINE to get to 42... maybe.. just maybe! i've seen crazier things happen.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
MS changed every aspect of development. How games are made, how games are tested, how consoles are made. The responsibilities of the hardware provider. (PS fans go on about ICE, but MS has been doing that since day one) They also changed the minimum bar of the consumer facing aspects. They have had by far the largest impact on the industry out of any company. At no time in the industry has anyone had such a huge impact on all things.

Bruh...

OHdJkD3.jpg

Reckheim

MS changed every aspect of development. How games are made, how games are tested, how consoles are made. The responsibilities of the hardware provider. (PS fans go on about ICE, but MS has been doing that since day one) They also changed the minimum bar of the consumer facing aspects. They have had by far the largest impact on the industry out of any company. At no time in the industry has anyone had such a huge impact on all things.

Before MS came around, development was a chore. Shit was just cavalier behind the scenes. Poor documentation. Poor support. It was embarrassing. Lack of standards. Peripheral support was so bad. Hardware deployment was unprofessional all across the board.

MS broadened the fuck out of TRCs. Gave consoles an actual operating system. Worked endlessly to curb piracy while ushering in the digital era (Xbox 360 store predates Steam storefront by years). Multiplayer was an absolute disaster before MS did Live. There is no distinction between a console and PC developer any more. You build for one you build for all. I can go on and on and on. People trivialize this stuff, but they've touched every aspect end to end.

As for personal interaction, I have been able to give a lot of input and have had features requested actioned by engineers on team. Tried talking to others before and all I got was silence. I shouldn't have to give a value assessment when making a request. MS did things just because they could.

You're just gonna ignore all of the other anti-consumer bullshit they brought to console gaming aren't you (not to mention the anti-consumer bullshit they tried to pull and are now paying for).

Heretic

Says the biggest Xbox fanboy on this forum. Well, maybe second biggest after Senjutsu Sage and his sad delusions of Zen.

Are we really supposed to take your opinion of the power gap seriously after this?

He's not wrong. Go cry more with the rest of them.

Heretic

Kind of funny you should say that. I'm a PC fanboy. The reason I became an Xbox fan was because console gaming was a joke and shitty companies like Sony took nothing seriously. Nowadays you stand behind basically copies of Xbox/360 consoles and fight over such stupid details.

Also at one point did I say PS4/ Pro was underpowered you clown? The whole point of the original post I made was to show how unrelenting Sony fans are in their stupidity and hypocrisy. The power gap between X1 and PS4 was smaller and it was considered "massive" and now it's a "minor jump".

You still keep feebly trying to make points like I care about your worthless opinion.

Yessss go iiiinnnnn

That photo is confusing to me. Did this dude ask Laine to pose for it or did they just sneakily snap a photo of Laine while he's taking sunglasses selfies? It looks too close up and high quality to be sneakily done. Like Laine would definitely notice somebody taking that photo.

PillarEN

Wonder if I could get banned if I say Sony dicksucker on the gaming side?

I would make sure to cause a big hubub, quote you 3 times. Dig into your post history to find something unsavory and watch as 20 other posters lose their shit over you only to see your name greyed out 15 minutes later.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Almost playoff time. Can't get banned (my record is clean still). Av's fans suck everything though, Leafs are on tipping point.

Pikma

Banned
Almost playoff time. Can't get banned (my record is clean still). Av's fans suck everything though, Leafs are on tipping point.
Too late friend, I already reported you

Adieu 👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼

Not sure about MCC but H5 has Dynamic Res so it should hit 4K. No problem.
In not sure if that's how it works. It had dynamic resolution for a 1080 range, would it go beyond that? The super sampling is nice. Should take care of a lot of ugly artifacts.

you're the least bananas of them
I'd be bananas in pajamas if they made a decent Fable reboot. I like Halo and Forza Horizon, but beyond that their IPs don't wow me.

Heretic

In not sure if that's how it works. It had dynamic resolution for a 1080 range, would it go beyond that? The super sampling is nice. Should take care of a lot of ugly artifacts.

I'd be bananas in pajamas if they made a decent Fable reboot. I like Halo and Forza Horizon, but beyond that their IPs don't wow me.

If the max allowed res is 1080p then it obviously won't go above that. I'd like to think 343i capped H5 at 4k 60fps.

If the max allowed res is 1080p then it obviously won't go above that. I'd like to think 343i capped H5 at 4k 60fps.

It's been a while since you've posted.

Scorpio looks good. My second XBOX system after my many 360s that have RROD'd.

Blackhawks will scratch Toewes, Hossa, Keith, and Seabrook tonight against the Ducks.
Ducks may or may not have Vatanen or Lindholm back. Fowler obviously out.

Ducks could clinch the division if they win and Edmonton loses. (go Sharks)

Heretic

It's been a while since you've posted.

Scorpio looks good. My second XBOX system after my many 360s that have RROD'd.

Blackhawks will scratch Toewes, Hossa, Keith, and Seabrook tonight against the Ducks.
Ducks may or may not have Vatanen or Lindholm back. Fowler obviously out.

Ducks could clinch the division if they win and Edmonton loses. (go Sharks)

Welcome BACK to the Social!

Vatanen in, Megna making his debut today. Hampus, Stoner, and Fowler out.

Stopped posting after the election. Tried to escape the reality of it all and the thread title that were trump related didn't help :p

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
This been posted yet?

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/greice-santo-daryl-katz-rj-cipriani-canadian-billionaire-1202021527/

A Brazilian actress-model is accusing an NHL owner and financier behind Silver Pictures of offering her “millions” of dollars and a movie role in exchange for sex.

The model, Greice Santo, who had a recurring in “Jane the Virgin,” alleges that she was twice lured to the hotel room of Daryl Katz, the Canadian billionaire who owns the Edmonton Oilers, with promises that he could help her acting career. Santo says that although she spurned Katz’s advances, she later received two wire transfers totaling $35,000. In an interview, she said that such behavior is typical in Hollywood.

Reckheim

Man, this steam refund business is great. I'm not abusing it or anything but its juts nice having the option.

Edit: fuck consoles.

Top Bottom