• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2017 |OT| The Previous Thread is in the Hall of Fame

Solo

What are the odds of me getting playoff tickets during the general sale? The last time I went to a playoff game we got the tickets through a friend, so I don't know how difficult it will be to try and get some myself.

I don't know if I've just been lucky, but I've always gotten tickets through the general sale. I expect the same will hold true tonight.

How bad are the scalper prices? I don't mind paying a little more

Buddy and I went to Game 3 Habs/Bruins in 2014 2nd round, we sat in the nosiest of all nosebleeds I could literally slap the exterior concrete wall of the Bell Centre behind me because we were the last row in the building.

We paid $250 each through Stub Hub. We regretted nothing.

Socreges

Banned
Kind of funny you should say that. I'm a PC fanboy. The reason I became an Xbox fan was because console gaming was a joke and shitty companies like Sony took nothing seriously. Nowadays you stand behind basically copies of Xbox/360 consoles and fight over such stupid details.

Also at one point did I say PS4/ Pro was underpowered you clown? The whole point of the original post I made was to show how unrelenting Sony fans are in their stupidity and hypocrisy. The power gap between X1 and PS4 was smaller and it was considered "massive" and now it's a "minor jump".

You still keep feebly trying to make points like I care about your worthless opinion.
Nothing quite brings out the Dopey like his deluded Xbox fandom

Reckheim

Kind of funny you should say that. I'm a PC fanboy. The reason I became an Xbox fan was because console gaming was a joke and shitty companies like Sony took nothing seriously. Nowadays you stand behind basically copies of Xbox/360 consoles and fight over such stupid details.

Also at one point did I say PS4/ Pro was underpowered you clown? The whole point of the original post I made was to show how unrelenting Sony fans are in their stupidity and hypocrisy. The power gap between X1 and PS4 was smaller and it was considered "massive" and now it's a "minor jump".

You still keep feebly trying to make points like I care about your worthless opinion.

So what you're saying is that Microsoft is the one taking gaming seriously? Please explain.

To me it just sounds like you're blindly following a company that doesn't give a fuck about you (not that Sony or Nintendo do either).

Socreges

Banned
Giving Marvie what he needs...

So what you're saying is that Microsoft is the one taking gaming seriously? Please explain.

To me it just sounds like you're blindly following a company that doesn't give a fuck about you (not that Sony or Nintendo do either).
Dopey is a Microsoft fanboy. This extended to the XBox when it launched. And has persisted ever since. He cannot be reasoned with.

imBask

Banned
What is there to talk about, Xbox sells about as many consoles as the Coyotes sells tickets

come back for a fight when you'll have something to fight with

I just don't think the Scorpio spec bump is gonna be enough to entice the average joe who already has a current gen console to run out and buy one, especially if it has no games that aren't available on the standard Xbox One. Same thing with PS4 Pro. They are options that are great for hardcore motherfuckers but I don't think PS4 Pro sold bonkers and I don't think Scorpio will either.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Typical shit tastes.

You're thinking of Pikma

image.php

Erdrick

I've survived gaming sticking to essentially Sony hardware from PS3 onward. Have a Wii and 3DS but I basically go where Dragon Quest goes these days. I just want a system with no stupid gimmicks. A regular controller and enough power to run the games I like. Done with Nintendo and their hardware and their trickle of 1st party games mired in a sea of mediocre 3rd party stuff. I'm glad they're still around but I'm not really their target audience anymore.

I've never bought anything Microsoft gaming related, and I'm fine with that. I don't like fps games much or online play much either, so that kind of kills a big chunk of their offerings for me.

Jack Roslovic makes his NHL debut with the Jets in Columbus tonight, and Eric Comrie will start in net. May as well let the kids play for some experience.

Kind of cheering for Boston in the playoffs since the Jets get a better pick for Stafford of they get to the 2nd round. Already went from a 6th to a 5th for them qualifying and him participating in their games.

Other than that, for the love of Selanne, please Chevy, sign a goalie and some dmen who aren't pylons in the offseason. Pretty sure I saw him yesterday downtown at the Delta hotel by the MTS centre typing away on his laptop in their lounge.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
4K UHD drive makes Scorpio an enticing purchase...

It's too bad it's probably gonna be out of my budget :(

Two games for Marchand.

Hmmm not sure if it cancels out Karlsson being injured completely but it should help the pain a bit.

Sanjuro

Hmmm not sure if it cancels out Karlsson being injured completely but it should help the pain a bit.

The discipline video actually sounds harsher than most I've seen. The length I believe largely has to do with the fine over suspension earlier in the season.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

MS changed every aspect of development. How games are made, how games are tested, how consoles are made. The responsibilities of the hardware provider. (PS fans go on about ICE, but MS has been doing that since day one) They also changed the minimum bar of the consumer facing aspects. They have had by far the largest impact on the industry out of any company. At no time in the industry has anyone had such a huge impact on all things.

Before MS came around, development was a chore. Shit was just cavalier behind the scenes. Poor documentation. Poor support. It was embarrassing. Lack of standards. Peripheral support was so bad. Hardware deployment was unprofessional all across the board.

MS broadened the fuck out of TRCs. Gave consoles an actual operating system. Worked endlessly to curb piracy while ushering in the digital era (Xbox 360 store predates Steam storefront by years). Multiplayer was an absolute disaster before MS did Live. There is no distinction between a console and PC developer any more. You build for one you build for all. I can go on and on and on. People trivialize this stuff, but they've touched every aspect end to end.

As for personal interaction, I have been able to give a lot of input and have had features requested actioned by engineers on team. Tried talking to others before and all I got was silence. I shouldn't have to give a value assessment when making a request. MS did things just because they could.

Cake Boss

Banned
4K UHD drive makes Scorpio an enticing purchase...

It's too bad it's probably gonna be out of my budget :(

Yo dawg, get an Xboner S, it plays UHD discs. You will also be supporting the gaming pioneers that is Microsoft, they really need your support.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Didn't the One S already have that?

Yeah but I'd rather just get the Scorpio for multiplatform games if I'm jumping into the Xbox ecosystem. Not all that interested in MS exclusives, Sony exclusives are better IMO.

MS changed every aspect of development. How games are made, how games are tested, how consoles are made. The responsibilities of the hardware provider. (PS fans go on about ICE, but MS has been doing that since day one) They also changed the minimum bar of the consumer facing aspects. They have had by far the largest impact on the industry out of any company. At no time in the industry has anyone had such a huge impact on all things.

Before MS came around, development was a chore. Shit was just cavalier behind the scenes. Poor documentation. Poor support. It was embarrassing. Lack of standards. Peripheral support was so bad. Hardware deployment was unprofessional all across the board.

MS broadened the fuck out of TRCs. Gave consoles an actual operating system. Worked endlessly to curb piracy while ushering in the digital era (Xbox 360 store predates Steam storefront by years). Multiplayer was an absolute disaster before MS did Live. There is no distinction between a console and PC developer any more. You build for one you build for all. I can go on and on and on. People trivialize this stuff, but they've touched every aspect end to end.

As for personal interaction, I have been able to give a lot of input and have had features requested actioned by engineers on team. Tried talking to others before and all I got was silence. I shouldn't have to give a value assessment when making a request. MS did things just because they could.

MS also introduced a lot of shitty things to gaming in general through the Xbox though, like paid P2P online gaming or microtransactions.

Yawnier

Banned
I just don't think the Scorpio spec bump is gonna be enough to entice the average joe who already has a current gen console to run out and buy one, especially if it has no games that aren't available on the standard Xbox One. Same thing with PS4 Pro. They are options that are great for hardcore motherfuckers but I don't think PS4 Pro sold bonkers and I don't think Scorpio will either.

Pretty much my thoughts.

Average Joe from the bridge who just bought the basic PS4 or Xbox One sometime over the last 2-ish years and is content with buying a single console and using it for 4 to 6 years isn't going to rush out to buy the scorpio over the next 12 to 18 months for $500 or $600.

imBask

Banned
from what I understand 3rd parties don't have to port the game over to the original Xbone, they can make a scorpio exclusive game if they want right? MS only said THEIR games would work on both

This is the only part that bothers me. Is it a half step or not? Aren't they afraid to alienate a part of their fanbase who won't be able to play a cool new game a year from now? That is if scorpio sells, if it doesn't why would you even bother making a game for it

Cake Boss

Banned
from what I understand 3rd parties don't have to port the game over to the original Xbone, they can make a scorpio exclusive game if they want right? MS only said THEIR games would work on both

This is the only part that bothers me. Is it a half step or not? Aren't they afraid to alienate a part of their fanbase who won't be able to play a cool new game a year from now? That is if scorpio sells, if it doesn't why would you even bother making a game for it

I don't think any 3rd party developer is going to make a Scorpio only titles, that would a financial suicide.

Foggy

What is wrong with you?

imBask

Banned
I don't think any 3rd party developer is going to make a Scorpio only titles, that would a financial suicide.

But what if 2 years from now there are plenty of Scorpios out there and devs starts dumping the original Xbox one? Now if you own an Xbone, are you going to pay $300 or whatever to upgrade to a console already 2 years old? are you waiting for the next dumb half step that'll become the new scorpio?

otherwise if that isn't the plan, what IS the plan, why are they even making this?

I'm kidding when I shit on MS, I had a 360 for most of the previous generation but I just don't get anything they're doing right now. The only thing I can think of is that they're trying to fuck Sony over by rushing the "new" generation because they lost against the ps4 and I don't think it's going to work. We'll see I guess, it's a weird ass time for console gaming

I don't think a 3rd party would bother making an exclusive game on a platform with a small user base when theres millions of PS4s and standard Xbox Ones just sitting there. I guess if they really wanted to play with that horsepower they could but it seems like the opportunity cost of that is pretty high.

If there is ever going to be a Scorpio exclusive it's gonna be MS making it, which they said they wont so. I dunno.

Pikma

Banned
Scorpio could run every game at 8k 240FPS and I still wouldn't give a fuck

I want games, Xbox doesn't have them

Pikma

Banned
Dopey I have $5 in my pocket right now, how should I spent it? I really want to get into this dictate the world around me thing

Socreges

Banned
Someone find Dopey's systemwars account so we can pinpoint the exact time when he went full shill
When was the XBox announced?

Seriously I can remember Dopey aggressively defending some truly mediocre games back in the day. Remember Blinx? Wreckless?

Top Bottom