• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April |OT| The End

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montresor

Leave Crosby alone guys. It's bad enough he got viciously sniped from up above but add salt to the wound when that scoreboard tried to concuss him as well.

Classless.

:lol

Look guys, Crosby is a diver. It might make him gutless. It might make him a punk. But being a diver and being physical are not two mutually exclusive qualities. Crosby does take the body. He's nasty. He's chippy. And he does fight.

The only problems I see here are that he occasionally dives and that the referees have a bias that favours Crosby's chippy play. Crosby slashing other players when he's angry is a god-damned admirable quality. I like it when my players show passion! The kid is physical. He takes it and he gives it. Criticism should be leveled towards the referees, not Crosby himself. Crosby doesn't ask the refs to let those slashes go unnoticed....

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
:lol

Look guys, Crosby is a diver. It might make him gutless. It might make him a punk. But being a diver and being physical are not two mutually exclusive qualities. Crosby does take the body. He's nasty. He's chippy. And he does fight.

The only problems I see here are that he occasionally dives and that the referees have a bias that favours Crosby's chippy play. Crosby slashing other players when he's angry is a god-damned admirable quality. I like it when my players show passion! The kid is physical. He takes it and he gives it. Criticism should be leveled towards the referees, not Crosby himself. Crosby doesn't ask the refs to let those slashes go unnoticed....

The only take and give he does is in Mario's bed at night.

/manics

Curufinwe

I thought this kind of Crosby hate died off, but he's not nearly as bad as he used to be. He takes a lot of abuse and that's why he slashes.

Yeah that's bullshit. He slashed Giroux because he was pissed he lost the faceoff, and because he knew the pussy of a ref would let him get away with it. It's not like he only slashes after taking cheap hits or whatever, it's his default tactic.

Cake Boss

Banned
I thought this kind of Crosby hate died off, but he's not nearly as bad as he used to be. He takes a lot of abuse and that's why he slashes, but I guess that's the price we'll have to pay without the instigator. Not to mention having the best player miss a year of hockey...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bNOp2TEKaY lol

You would think that hitting Alfie that some of the class would rub off or transfer to him but no, still the same whiney douche over the years.

Pretty much everyone dives and slashes now. Number of penalties called has been going down every year since the lockout and even fewer are called once playoffs start. Players know what they can get away with.

Can't recall the last time I saw a diving penalty called.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty much everyone dives and slashes now. Number of penalties called has been going down every year since the lockout and even fewer are called once playoffs start. Players know what they can get away with.

Can't recall the last time I saw a diving penalty called.

Semin has been called for diving once or twice this year. One of them wasn't even a dive but his reputation gets undeserved penalties called on him.

Socreges

Banned
Why would you do this when your team if full of those shit divers? It's like being happpy at beating a special needs case kid at understanding simple concepts.
You again? How does it feel for your team to have missed the playoffs for the 7th straight season?

ioCBkPrmpWrWp.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The Narration on those Stanley Cup advertisements is so shit, it sounds and looks like it was made by some film student in a community college. The "Crosby is a bitch" argument is pretty stupid, either you're a Pens fan and you blow him and think he isn't, or you're every other hockey fan in the world and realize he is a huge bitch.

You again? How does it feel for your team to have missed the playoffs for the 7th straight season?

ioCBkPrmpWrWp.gif

Yes, me again. Not as salty as Kesler tears running down from his eyes to his cheeks after game 7. Vancouver must've had a bunch of maximum sodium capacity detected warnings go off....

You come on a bit too strong considering, Fortunate.

At least more effort was put in than the sad display of a pathetic team called the canucks against Boston last year.

Have fun cheering for your round 1 exit. And I hope Luongo gets lit up again.

let's ignore the hair pulling, finger biting, diving, and whining of the the team I like! crosby's a diving bitch! :mad:

Didn't you hear? Henrik and Burrows are saints.

Socreges

Banned
I have no problem calling out Henrik for his diving (he hasn't once this season, so far as I've seen. hopefully that doesn't change in the playoffs when he's getting pushed around) or Burrows for his antics. Doesn't mean I can't laugh at Crosby or that FortunateSon's obsession with the Canucks is any less sad.

At least more effort was put in than the sad display of a pathetic team called the canucks against Boston last year.

Have fun cheering for your round 1 exit. And I hope Luongo gets lit up again.
iwnMvd1XnQmDa.gif

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Aw, it's so cute when Leafs Fan™ chirps about playoff exits.

7VMQZ.jpg

Thanks for the guaranteed two points every time, losers!

Home

Ah come on guys everyone dives at some point or another. What's pathetic is that the refs fall for it like 80% of the time or if they don't, they don't call the diving penalty.

Or the most frustrating call when they call the dive and the penalty. It makes no sense!

Ah come on guys everyone dives at some point or another. What's pathetic is that the refs fall for it like 80% of the time or if they don't, they don't call the diving penalty.

Or the most frustrating call when they call the dive and the penalty. It makes no sense!
Yes it does, we don't wan't diving in hockey. Players that make a situation look worse then it is, is what makes it so hard for refs to call dives in the first place. Why would we wan't players do fall down after a hooking? It is the refs job to call the hook. And i believe that calling the dive at the same time as the initial penalty is the only way to get rid of this otherwise everytime someone does something illegal to you, you get a free pass to fall.

Fei

You come on a bit too strong considering, Fortunate.

awkward2yuyum.gif

:lol Love this gif. Ruff goes from excited to realizing Adams looks like he's coming into a kiss to almost falling off the bench. Adams, still excited, almost jumps off the bench into Ruff's arms. Ruff, clearly feeling awkward and looking for a way out, finds Patrick and shakes hands. lol

Fei

Part of the diving problem is the refs rarely call a penalty unless the player goes down. It makes no sense. Hooking and holding are infractions whether or not the player falls. Drives me nuts.

I hope someone ends his career.

C'mon man. I'm no Pens fan, but that's fucked up.

Part of the diving problem is the refs rarely call a penalty unless the player goes down. It makes no sense. Hooking and holding are infractions whether or not the player falls. Drives me nuts.

It's like that with most things and is what helps perpetuate it. They don't call slashing usually unless the player's stick breaks too.

Acid08

Banned

Hate how the league is calling those penalties this year. I notice the Blues take full advantage of it, they hook and hold in the neutral zone constantly but never get called. It's bullshit.

Cake Boss

Banned

C'mon man. I'm no Pens fan, but that's fucked up.

I am not the one punching players at the back of the head while my teamate holds them down, and elbowing people right in the head after I just came back from a concussion injury.

Clydefrog

So if the Kings beat the Sharks tonight and the Coyotes lose... LA wins the Pacific Division?

I won't have fingernails after tonight's game

belvedere

Junior Butler
Hate how the league is calling those penalties this year. I notice the Blues take full advantage of it, they hook and hold in the neutral zone constantly but never get called. It's bullshit.

I can't imagine how much you must hate the wings then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom