• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April |OT| The End

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just chime in real fast to say that it looks like we can compete on the road again. Kindl screwed us over and good job by the Blues fans not letting us get back into it. It sounds crazy in there. I'm not worried though as I still believe we will dominate the playoffs.

I'll take Smith back, please.

You think with these special teams that Detroit will dominate in the playoffs?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I'll just chime in real fast to say that it looks like we can compete on the road again. Kindl screwed us over and good job by the Blues fans not letting us get back into it. It sounds crazy in there. I'm not worried though as I still believe we will dominate the playoffs.
Your optimism is appreciated, but this team isn't going anywhere in the Playoffs this year. The power play won't magically fix itself and it will cost them, dearly. It's been very very bad for over 2 months now and Detroit still can't win on the road. If they play Nashville in the first round and have to start o the road, they will be down 2-0 heading back to the Joe. I'll bet anyone any amount of money on that.

We are easily the second if not the worst team in the NHL in the last 10 games, hands down. Nobody seems to care, atrocious PP and a weak PK.

No heart at all by this team, our players get touched and they fall down, can't hold on to the puck, etc....

And just as I am about to post, Franzen actually does something and scores... Suck your shutout streak Elliot!!!

Edit: We still suck.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Habs straight trolling TSN now, they spent 30 minutes in the pre show talking about whether Stamkos would hit 30, and gave him his own "Stam Kam" and then Patches and Cole both go and score 2 :lol.

Ok, I'm sorry, but this is too funny....

And I have to say it just because I doubt I'll be able to again. LOL BLUES

Also Franzen I guess is getting the rest his goals in so he will go on another 60 game goal streak.

Cake Boss

Banned
Pacioretty: 30/31/61
Desharnais: 16/44/60
Cole: 34/25/59

Aren't too many other NHL teams boasting three 60 point players on a single line. Moral victory of the season.

I still don't get how the Habs are in the basement. A very good first line, a top 5 goalie and good D with Gorges, Emelin, Subban.

12 (maybe 13th) straight 100 point season for Detroit. Well if we went to OT, Detroit needs to win, if we are going to lose, we needed to do it in regulation, 4th or 6th is the only spot I want for the playoffs, not 5th.

SHOOTOUT!!!!

I have a bad feeling.

But wow did Detroit actually dominate OT, that is the Wings team I know and love, not that other team who doesn't seem to care.

Vx6Q0.png

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Big win tonight for Detroit.

I haven't seen Franzen skate that fast in months.

Revenant

man I just want the playoffs to start. other than the small amount of games that'll decide who makes it every other game just seems meh. next week a whole new world starts. HYPE

I still don't get how the Habs are in the basement. A very good first line, a top 5 goalie and good D with Gorges, Emelin, Subban.

Teams stuck around the mid-70-low-80 point level are never ever that bad - they're usually a handful of players from being a play-off bound team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom