• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April |OT| The End

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slurmer

Banned
This isn't about Letang selling it specifically, but just in general. The NHL really needs to look at players grabbing opponents sticks and then going down. Always reminds me of Stall doing it against Philly in the playoffs during the Pens cup run.

Call the dive/unsportsmanlike/whatever you want to term it.

This isn't about Letang selling it specifically, but just in general. The NHL really needs to look at players grabbing opponents sticks and then going down. Always reminds me of Stall doing it against Philly in the playoffs during the Pens cup run.

Ya, I love when players see it, close their arm on the stick and yanks it out of the other player's hand to draw the penalty. Seems so stupid, but I guess it's like diving and they're afraid to call it.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Does MAF still get the win even though the game ended up tied? In baseball that would end up as a no decision.

no i dont think so. i believe once the game is tied the current goalie becomes goaltender of record and gets the decision. so if MAF was yanked down 3-1 and the Pens scored 2 goals but lost 5-3, the backup would get the loss because once it could've been tied its on him. so coming in while tied should immediately make you the goaltender of record

no i dont think so. i believe once the game is tied the current goalie becomes goaltender of record and gets the decision. so if MAF was yanked down 3-1 and the Pens scored 2 goals but lost 5-3, the backup would get the loss because once it could've been tied its on him. so coming in while tied should immediately make you the goaltender of record

So Johnson comes in, gives up a goal on his only shot faced in the period to make it 2-2, and is now set up to get the win? MAF got trolled.

Futureman

Sid's points per game is OFF THE CHARTS.

If he would have had the same pace all season, he would have ended with ~130 points. DAMMMMMN what a stud.

Last time someone had that many was Lemieux in 95-96 w/ 161 points. OMG Sid you are powerful.

Ya, you're right. The official wording says you have to be on the ice for the GWG which since they tied it Fleury wasn't so he can no longer get the win.

So Johnson comes in, gives up a goal on his only shot faced in the period to make it 2-2, and is now set up to get the win? MAF got trolled.
Yes

Slurmer

Banned
Sid's points per game is OFF THE CHARTS.

If he would have had the same pace all season, he would have ended with ~130 points. DAMMMMMN what a stud.

Last time someone had that many was Lemieux in 95-96 w/ 161 points. OMG Sid you are powerful.

lol i hate everything about every post you make

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The best part about the Panthers making the playoffs is the Leafs now inherit the longest playoff drought record. Good stuff, congrats Florida.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So... If the Canucks get a point today we'll play the loser of the Sharks-LA game in the first round. Not sure how much I like that...

Smiley90

and is it community or off topic

Admins said "important events in the sport that go past the community itself" deserve to be in OT, so.. playoffs deserve to be OT. And from what I remember being said it's 1 thread for the whole playoffs, but not sure.

Admins said "important events in the sport that go past the community itself" deserve to be in OT, so.. playoffs deserve to be OT. And from what I remember being said it's 1 thread for the whole playoffs, but not sure.

I'd honestly prefer split threads per series because of the madhouse that is sure to follow a playoff thread, easier to keep track of etc. But that's just me.

Quick better make his OP downright amazing, for NHL-GAF's triumphant return to OT.

I'd honestly prefer split threads per series because of the madhouse that is sure to follow a playoff thread, easier to keep track of etc. But that's just me.
I agree, first round thread is going to be such a clusterfuck.

Some mod will probably see it in OT and lock it right away.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
One thread is fine really for the playoffs.

Sad that Buffalo didn't make the playoffs, they deserve it more than Washington.

Smiley90

One the one hand I agree, on the other I don't want to follow 8 threads in the first round, 4 threads in the second etc. I think it'd actually be way easier to keep track of if it's all in one thread, so you can keep informed about everything that's going on without having to subscribe to 8 different threads.

Smiley90

I'm going to watch Tampa-Winnipeg with the sole purpose of watching Stamkos get 60.

Also, the Rangers really don't want that President's Trophy, do they -.-

You know what. Fuck it. I'm not even following WAS-NYR. Tonight is the Panthers' night destiny is is their hands alone. Take the division on our own merit and we can look back at that banner and say "This was the moment that the Panthers turner their fortunes."

This is the moment. Go Panthers!

Home

Leafs lose (hopefully keeping it close for appearances sake) and NYI win so we can pick 4th.

Come on Komisarek and Conolly. Cheering for you guys tonight!

MacAttack

One thread per series is the worst way this could be handled. Subscribing to fifteen threads to follow the playoffs for one sport? No thanks.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Last game with Cunneyworth, Gomez, Campoli, and if there is a god Kaberle. Thank the fucking lord this day has arrived, lets never speak of this season again. That being said, GO LEAFS GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom