• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

calder

Oh, and Jets-GAF wtf is up with Noel not putting Jokinen out there at the end? Did Noel drop a grand in Vegas on a "no Jet gets a hat trick first five years team is in Winnipeg" prop bet? Because if so, good job Claude. :p

If any Rangers fan didn't see this game coming down broadway in a cab you need to get your eyes checked

Cam 6-1, lots of praise, gets start over Henrik

Result? 5-2 loss. Duh. .500 again.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
He wasn't benched last game, it was Bournival and White.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He wasn't benched last game, it was Bournival and White.
Benched, not scratched. Therrien benched him in the third after his penalty where he hit the player from behind, didn't play a shift after. Therrien said he expected him to bounce back this game, and he did.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
He was benched in the third I think.

Edit: Has Bournival been out in the third yet?

Ah right.

Yes Bourni played in the 3rd a little.

edit: Why is Diaz getting so much time? Subban should get more.

Erdrick

Oh, and Jets-GAF wtf is up with Noel not putting Jokinen out there at the end? Did Noel drop a grand in Vegas on a "no Jet gets a hat trick first five years team is in Winnipeg" prop bet? Because if so, good job Claude. :p

I noticed that too. At least Wheeler got a goal, EN or not, I hope he can wake up and produce like he is capable of. I was pretty happy for Albert in his first NHL game to score a goal. Thorburn on the 2nd line and getting multiple points? Peluso playing in the same game as Thorburn too? Jokinen being an offensive threat? This game was madness!

Aside from the garbage effort last Friday, this road trip has been decent. I've been saying that if the team lost all or the majority of the games on this trip, Noel would be done. Thankfully, they've played better overall as the season has progressed. Looking forward to the 2 upcoming Florida and Tampa games. Did I mention how happy I am to have Trouba back? He looks so solid out there for a rookie.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
WTF Boston won't have played since sunday or saturday when we face them Thursday, we'll have play a game the day before too:/

Two Metropolitan teams lost in regulation tonight and Philly is losing 2-0 in the third.

31oGdVR.gif

Red_Man

Eat shit Brodeur!

Subban and Price for Sochi.

DD has returned but for how long?

cr17ehu.gif

8-1-2 in the last 11

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
There is no point in trading DD while we still have Pac, period. We're not going to get a miracle trading him. It wasn't Cole who was needed in the trio two years ago after all, it was DD.

Red_Man

There is no point in trading DD while we still have Pac, period. We're not going to get a miracle trading him. It wasn't Cole who was needed in the trio two years ago after all, it was DD.
Nah, it still was Cole. Patches will produce with any great center, DD only picked up his play once Gally was put on his line who plays the same style of game as Cole, expect he's half the size. It's no coincidence that line started finding success once Gally was put on it. Just like any other line he's put on.

Red_Man

He lost his game, but DD needs someone who plays that style for him to be successful. He's the playmaker, Patches is the sniper, and they need a grinder type player that can get down in the zone and create space for them.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
He lost his game, but DD needs someone who plays that style for him to be successful. He's the playmaker, Patches is the sniper, and they need a grinder type player that can get down in the zone and create space for them.

David Booth can't grind, because that kind of dancing will obviously lead to very, very sinful acts.

Please take him off our hands anyway.

fallout

I'm at a High on Fire concert and have only been able to check up on the boxscore. Somehow, this does not surprise me.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I noticed that too. At least Wheeler got a goal, EN or not, I hope he can wake up and produce like he is capable of. I was pretty happy for Albert in his first NHL game to score a goal. Thorburn on the 2nd line and getting multiple points? Peluso playing in the same game as Thorburn too? Jokinen being an offensive threat? This game was madness!

Aside from the garbage effort last Friday, this road trip has been decent. I've been saying that if the team lost all or the majority of the games on this trip, Noel would be done. Thankfully, they've played better overall as the season has progressed. Looking forward to the 2 upcoming Florida and Tampa games. Did I mention how happy I am to have Trouba back? He looks so solid out there for a rookie.
I seem to remember Olli ripping us up last season too. In fact this game felt a lot like what I remembered of our games against the Jets last year.

Rangers are 5-6-0 at MSG. That's not gonna cut it. After Thursday's game in Buffalo we're home all the way through Xmas. Time to start actually having a home ice advantage.

Also, we still have only played in overtime ONCE this season, an OT win in Detroit at the tail end of our season-opening road trip in October.

Top Bottom