• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Is the season over yet?

DallasEakinsWhiteboardSpedUp.gif

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
How about now? I can't wait for the entry draft and the first day of free agency. It's going to be a lot of fun.

LOL ... dat gameplan!

Man.. LA's goaltending is unreal. They are letting in a ton of shots on average agst the teams they are planing agst but their goaltending is saving them. It is pretty nutso.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Cunt is a cunt, news at 11

Canucks lost eh.

Shitty.

-shrugs-

No matter how bad the Isles are, at least we don't have a highlight like this one on the docket this year

cropped_Raymond.gif

That's Raymond alright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU3MyrmLbw4
Leafs shootout/Mike Smith acting like a fucking chump. If it didn't go in, then get off the puck without sweeping it out from under you, you dick

Man that is fucking embarrassing. This dude seems to raise the bar every fucking week. Or game, since wasn't it last game where he embellished the shit out of the trip?

Loooooool

All my previous has just been replaced by sadness.

Watching the video of the hit, Brown made zero effort to avoid that knee on knee. He's going in for the hit knee first. Fuck him.

Anyway I'm just sad now because the most exciting new addition to our team, and our leading goal scorer, is gone. Fucking rookie being taken out by cheap shit. It's a fucking bummer. Doesn't help that they apparently got outplayed the entire time too.

He's actually injured? :/ any update on how serious? :/ fucking Brown.... There's a reason everyone hates him.

Smiley90

Has anyone read through that whole gay thread yet?

Yeah. I'm actually meeting up with that dude in an hour. I lent him my 3DS to play SMT IV, since it's not out in Europe yet... I posted about it in the thread too :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU3MyrmLbw4
Leafs shootout/Mike Smith acting like a fucking chump. If it didn't go in, then get off the puck without sweeping it out from under you, you dick

Man that is fucking embarrassing. This dude seems to raise the bar every fucking week. Or game, since wasn't it last game where he embellished the shit out of the trip?

I've passed the point of negative reactions to Smith. This is like high quality villain shit and I'm just appreciative of it all now.

yyzjohn

Banned
I wonder what their corsi is...

I'm glad this Martin Jones kid came around to blow the legend of Scrivens out of the water. People were pointing to Scriven's numbers saying the Leafs should have kept him, he looks like a #1 blah blah, then Jones comes along and blows Scrivens out.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Yea it was Tuesday. His antics are so embarrassing, I wonder what his teammates feel about it.

For the NHL it was an embarrassment, for Mike Smith, it was a Tuesday.

All my previous has just been replaced by sadness.

Watching the video of the hit, Brown made zero effort to avoid that knee on knee. He's going in for the hit knee first. Fuck him.

Anyway I'm just sad now because the most exciting new addition to our team, and our leading goal scorer, is gone. Fucking rookie being taken out by cheap shit. It's a fucking bummer. Doesn't help that they apparently got outplayed the entire time too.

Yeah sometimes a guy receiving the hit will move and cause his knee to stick out, but Hertl actually braces for the hit, never changing his direction, and Brown still manages to contact knee only.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if it's been mentioned in here, but the Rangers are revealing their Yankee Stadium jerseys today, and they will be on sale at MSG tonight during the Islanders game.

I'm expecting them to be terrible.

EDIT: Actually might not be so bad?

"The Rangers Stadium Series jersey is WHITE and has NEW YORK running down the front of it. (Icethetics)

"New York" is BLUE and outlined in silver and red
The colors are similar to the Liberty jersey
The Rangers Chrome Logo is on one shoulder and the Stadium Series logo is on the other
The numbers on the back are elongated, as on the other Stadium Series jerseys, and are the same style as they are on the t-shirt."

Reserving judgment till I see it.

cube444

New nickname for Eller. Solo, please remember that I gave it to him rather than erroneously giving credit to some wife beater:

"The Great Lame™"

yyzjohn

Banned
New nickname for Eller. Solo, please remember that I gave it to him rather than erroneously giving credit to some wife beater:

"The Great Lame™"

What's your obsession with ripping Eller? I notice you keep bringing up his stats and now with the nickname? Trying too hard dude.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
New Ranger lines today:

Nash-Stepan-Zuccarello
Kreider-Brassard-Hagelin
Richards-Miller-Pouliot
Boyle-D.Moore-Dorsett

McDonagh-Girardi
J.Moore-Straman
Del Zotto-Falk

Happy to see Miller at center.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
He's highly overrated.

See Latenstiff and Louis Le Blanks.

The team can't score, he's still got the second most points for centres on Montreal, and he's been playing with shit linemates on the third line for a little now.

Fatendresse was getting the Desharnais treatment when he was here, great linemates and power play time.

Louis looks terrible everytime he's in the NHL, and the only time he was hyped up was the draft, where every prospect is. It's not like he was a bad choice at the time.

Smiley90

WJC's are going on? And for a change we have MULTIPLE Canucks prospects playing?

GOD BLESS HOCKEYSTREAMS

Acid08

Banned
He's actually injured? :/ any update on how serious? :/ fucking Brown.... There's a reason everyone hates him.
No actual update yet but Jumbo said he expects him to be out a while and TMac said he was "very concerned" about his condition.

So basically, fuck everything.

LevelNth

Banned
So my brother just called me to give me a heads up to book the 2nd off... my Xmas gift is a ticket with him in primo seats from the NHL to the Winter Classic with passes to the NHL party afterwards with the players!

GAZING UPON LUPUL'S BEAUTY
MARVELING AT CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN'S CHIN/WIFE
TALKING JESUS WITH REIMER
EATING HOT DOGS AND COOKIES WITH PHIL
TALKING TO CARLYLE ABOUT PLAYING RANGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Oh baby oh baby!

Smiley90

That Reinhart-McDavid-Horvat line is a thing of beauty.

So stoked we actually have a high-potential prospect to watch.

Horvat&McDavid both with 2 points now hnnng

Var

So my brother just called me to give me a heads up to book the 2nd off... my Xmas gift is a ticket with him in primo seats from the NHL to the Winter Classic with passes to the NHL party afterwards with the players!

Oh baby oh baby!

Damn... I am jealous as hell right now.

Oh baby oh baby!
That's sick

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

"The Great Lame™"

Ohohoho yessss!

Oh baby oh baby!

Please tell Phil that no matter what I still love him.

Smiley90

Wait, Rochester is participating in the Spengler Cup this year? BUFFALO's AHL affiliate? This can't end well.

Also CSKA Moscow, Vitkovice Steel, Geneve-Servette, HC Davos and Team Canada.

kingslunk

It's going to be hard to actually root for Dustin brown during the Olympics. Dude is a real scum. Is he going to meet with the board about the hertl hit?

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Wait, Rochester is participating in the Spengler Cup this year? BUFFALO's AHL affiliate? This can't end well.

Also CSKA Moscow, Vitkovice Steel, Geneve-Servette, HC Davos and Team Canada.

Woah really?

I think positioning Spengler cup as a tier 2 hockey equivalent of the Champion League would be a great idea. I'd definitely watch it then. It's too bad the Americans are an average team, it would be cool to see the top AHL teams compete against the top KHL, SHL, Liiga etc. teams.

I just wasnt to echo the startment about browns hit being terrible. It looks so strange, cant remember seeing anything quite like it. Brown that is the one initiating the hit is the one getting scared and avoiding, resulting in à kneeing. No excuses can possible be made. Fuck Brown, get well hertl!

Smiley90

I just wasnt to echo the startment about browns hit being terrible. It looks so strange, cant remember seeing anything quite like it. Brown that is the one initiating the hit is the one getting scared and avoiding, resulting in à kneeing. No excuses can possible be made. Fuck Brown, get well hertl!

You know, as a Swede, you really can't say that. -cough- Edler -cough-

... Do you live close to where the WJC's are? I'd totally go if they were near here.

You know, as a Swede, you really can't say that. -cough- Edler -cough-

... Do you live close to where the WJC's are? I'd totally go if they were near here.
Haha i fortgot about that one but à small i difference here is that edler seems to leave his leg intentionaly while Brown just seems scared shitless because the guy he is going to hit actually sees him;)

Nah it is like 8 hours by car:( i really hope its closer the next time. In like 8 years:(

Woah really?

I think positioning Spengler cup as a tier 2 hockey equivalent of the Champion League would be a great idea. I'd definitely watch it then. It's too bad the Americans are an average team, it would be cool to see the top AHL teams compete against the top KHL, SHL, Liiga etc. teams.
Nah this would suck. If it follows CL than it would just take à couple of years untill there is like 2-3 clubs always qualifying and getting the revenue and then they Will outgrow the others my beloved league will suck and i will cry

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Nah this would suck. If it follows CL than it would just take à couple of years untill there is like 2-3 clubs always qualifying and getting the revenue and then they Will outgrow the others my beloved league will suck and i will cry

Hmmmm that's true.... Maybe make it so a team can only make it every 2/3 years? That way one team won't be able to dominate year in year out :p

As it is right now, no one in North America really cares about the Spengler cup, but more AHL involvement would definitely raise some interest I think.

Can't really say I agree with the folks saying Brown did this on purpose THIS time. Yeah he has some questionable hits but this one it looks as though his weight is on his left foot and he is trailing with his right. It almost looks as though he notices the puck isn't on Hertl's stick and tries to avoid the check. My opinion is he should have finished the check not tried to avoid and take the possible interference call if that was in the cards.

Can't really say I agree with the folks saying Brown did this on purpose THIS time. Yeah he has some questionable hits but this one it looks as though his weight is on his left foot and he is trailing with his right. It almost looks as though he notices the puck isn't on Hertl's stick and tries to avoid the check. My opinion is he should have finished the check not tried to avoid and take the possible interference call if that was in the cards.

Whether or not he saw Hertl and wanted to bust his knee in half isn't the point, the point is that he made a wreckless move that by now he should know better not to fucking make. A guy like brown makes his living laying down hits, he chose the wrong reaction to the situation and who fucking knows where Hertl's career goes because of it. I have no doubt in my mind that he chose to "avoid the hit" knowing full well it'd be a knee on knee instead, note the leg swinging in the air because he shifted his weight off it in time before contact. When he started turning out of the hit he was way too fucking close to think that he'd actually avoid anything.

Heretic

I don't disagree with you but he's done something similar too many times.

Edit: Basically what 19 & "I got my ass handed to me in KI by Heretic" said.

ShaneB

Home tomorrow, lots of snow, lots of food, friends and family watching football and WJC, winter classic, etc etc etc. Good times are ahead! Finally joined the smartphone race as well, Nexus 5 is a slick piece of gear!

Top Bottom