• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

So glad we drafted Burakovsky, dude's going to be a stud.

Also:

il4XFh4MaT1dI.gif

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Soooo I just walked INTO Alfredsson at the Apple store in Troy. Was trying to get an iPhone case and didn't even see him till I walked sideways into him. Said I was sorry and realized who it was. Crazy.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I think after he saw that I realized who he was he wanted to just keep to himself. He didn't have his family with him. I kinda walked away and looked back and he was being helped by one of the apple store employees. I hate bothering those guys in public, they just wanna get some iPhones too!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The only football that matters is the one that has the world cup happening in Brazil next year. Not this weird handegg crap.

Smiley90

I expect USA to make the quarterfinals then get shit on.

In a group with Portugal and Germany? lolno

I just hope we don't play like in 2006. Get eliminated from the tournament without conceding a single goal. That was just...... sad.

(we lost in the quarterfinals in a shootout after it was 0-0 during regulation/overtime. Won 2 games and tied one during the group stage.)

NHL-GAF trip to the land of futbol, who's down?

Osorio

In a group with Portugal and Germany? lolno

I just hope we don't play like in 2006. Get eliminated from the tournament without conceding a single goal. That was just...... sad.

(we lost in the quarterfinals in a shootout after it was 0-0 during regulation/overtime. Won 2 games and tied one during the group stage.)

NHL-GAF trip to the land of futbol, who's down?

We play Germany last. I can see a win against Ghana (we're no longer coached by Bradley) and a win or points against Portugal (who aren't that strong other than Ronaldo and Moutinho, this isn't 2006).

Then we play the winner of group H who looks like either Belgium or Russia. Not easy but very possible. Then we'll probably get destroyed by Argentina in the quarterfinals.

Smiley90

We play Germany last. I can see a win against Ghana (we're no longer coached by Bradley) and a win or points against Portugal (who aren't that strong other than Ronaldo and Moutinho, this isn't 2006).

Then we play the winner of group H who looks like either Belgium or Russia. Not easy but very possible. Then we'll probably get destroyed by Argentina in the quarterfinals.

IF you make it past the group stage, you should be fine with probably Belgium or Korea. (my money's on Russia winning that group).

IF. Big IF. Germany's gonna win that group, it's probably gonna come down to Portugal or the USA, with Ghana being able to maybe tie one of the two teams to break the tie between Portugal/USA.

Group H is soooo weak. Then you get crazy competitive groups like A (ALL teams are good), D (Poor England) and G (Poor USA)

Osorio

IF you make it past the group stage, you should be fine with probably Belgium or Korea. (my money's on Russia winning that group).

IF. Big IF. Germany's gonna win that group, it's probably gonna come down to Portugal or the USA, with Ghana being able to maybe tie one of the two teams to break the tie between Portugal/USA.

Group H is soooo weak. Then you get crazy competitive groups like A (ALL teams are good), D (Poor England) and G (Poor USA)

I'm not frightened of Portugal at all. They didn't make it out of their group stage and had a playoff series against a team whose strategy is to hoof the ball up to Zlatan.

Ghana scares me because of history but I'm thinking it's something about Bradley's tactics which were a cause for our downfall. Especially true in 2010. Bradley's Egyptian team played Ghana in the CAF playoff after winning all their group stage matches and they got their asses handed to them.

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions seems to be the only decent Spider-Man game on X360 according to Metacritic.

Does anyone have any comments or opinions about it?

Finnish Baby Jesus is back in the lineup tonight. Reunited with Poms and Nino. Graninoville is such an exciting line to watch.

Wild might actually have a chance tonight.

ZeroGravity

The only football that matters is the one that has the world cup happening in Brazil next year. Not this weird handegg crap.
Can't wait to watch fixed matches with players diving all over the field while the spectators avoid the falling debris from crumbling stadiums.

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions seems to be the only decent Spider-Man game on X360 according to Metacritic.

Does anyone have any comments or opinions about it?
Never played Shattered Dimensions, but Spider-Man: Web of Shadows is really fun.

Socreges

Banned
Portugal knows how to play to their strengths (eg, counter-attack with Fake Ronaldo). The US won't make it out of their group. As much as I'd like them to

I'm not frightened of Portugal at all. They didn't make it out of their group stage and had a playoff series against a team whose strategy is to hoof the ball up to Zlatan.

Ghana scares me because of history but I'm thinking it's something about Bradley's tactics which were a cause for our downfall. Especially true in 2010. Bradley's Egyptian team played Ghana in the CAF playoff after winning all their group stage matches and they got their asses handed to them.

Lol you sure have confidence for a team that havent proven shit on the international stage. You tied against 3 medioker to shit teams the last time around and you arent as lucky with the group this time around. "a team whose strategy is to hoof the ball up to Zlatan". That team tied Germany in Germany and performed really well in the qualifiers overall and if we would have competed on your terms, you would see us in Brazil.

You should be lucky for every point you squeeze out of your group. Portugal might not be as good as they where but they are well above any team tied against in 2010.

And if you face Russia, you might be able to squeeze out a win(not likely) but to think that you have a chance against Belgiums golden generation is self deceit. They will run you over. I can only imagine what Witzel would do to your midfield.

I didn't come up with either one, if that's what you're asking.

But I've seen FBJ a lot more often than Graninoville.

MiG64 is also a popular nickname for Granlund.

That's what I was asking, yeah. You don't hear too much about Wild fan culture around here (chants, nicknames, unique fan moments etc) so I was interested in seeing if they were your nicknames or actual nicknames.

Never played Shattered Dimensions, but Spider-Man: Web of Shadows is really fun.

That's what I need to hear! FUN! I'll check it out.

Marvel Puzzle Quest has had me aching for some Marvel games, and this XBL sale is perfect.

Osorio

Lol you sure have confidence for a team that havent proven shit on the international stage. You tied against 3 medioker to shit teams the last time around and you arent as lucky with the group this time around. "a team whose strategy is to hoof the ball up to Zlatan". That team tied Germany in Germany and performed really well in the qualifiers overall and if we would have competed on your terms, you would see us in Brazil.

You should be lucky for every point you squeeze out of your group. Portugal might not be as good as they where but they are well above any team tied against in 2010.

And if you face Russia, you might be able to squeeze out a win(not likely) but to think that you have a chance against Belgiums golden generation is self deceit. They will run you over. I can only imagine what Witzel would do to your midfield.

Someone salty. The last time Sweden got past round of 16 was in '94. We've gotten out of the group twice since then and have gotten to the quarterfinals once. And we beat Portugal that year, a stronger Portugal than we're facing in June. Sorry your program has gone to shit.

don't bring that hf boards bs in here please

mig64 is fine tho

Haha. I see FBJ on twitter semi-often. Graninovile is hfboards exclusive though for sure.

Yeah MiG-64 was first made up by some Finnish press person if I'm remembering right. Could be wrong. It was to differentiate him from his brother, MaG whatever number he is.

Although I do remember "the MiGician" being used a lot back during the lacrosse goal days. By lots of people.

Someone salty. The last time Sweden got out of the group stage was in '94. We've gotten out of the group twice since then and have gotten to the quarterfinals once. And we beat Portugal that year, a stronger Portugal than we're facing in June. Sorry your program has gone to shit.

Sweden is as poor as ever, that is true, but for the material we have we did a good qualifier and I think that we would have qualified in your place and you wouldnt have qualified in our place, but thats just my guesses.

A win against Portugal would still be a big upset, they arent as good, but they are still better then you on most of the nights.

However you cant compare your team to the likes of Belgium. They have a really solid keeper, some high class defenders. A couple of amazing midfielders. Oh and that guy Lukaku.

Top Bottom