• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

Heretic

19 & 21 tore me a new one...

You're lucky my girlfriend came and I had to go or else I would have left your fingers sore from kicking my ass!!!

I will get better. I will be back.

Did your girlfriend see you lose?

Nope! I'm still undefeated if you ask her!

she's beat me a couple of times

jqHlU1KwQVt5o.jpg

jkjk good games bro we gonna have to go again

Socreges

Banned
Really? I'll be happy to see the USA's brand of one-dimensional football exit the tournament early.
US success is good for soccer in North America. That's it. I don't need to be entertained by all 16 teams that advance.

"Oi mate pass the round jibjobby over 'ere"

"Oh poppycock that lad took the jibjobby and scored on our netting hole"

*fans throw bananas at black players*

Yeah, real fucking great stuff.
http://content.usatoday.com/communi...monds-philadelphia-flyers-detroit-red-wings/1

I love that it truly is a uniquely American phenomenon to hate on such an amazing sport. Even Canadians are more in the know and we're fucking terrible at it. If only we had 330 million people.

Roy said it wouldn't be fair to bench anyone for Wilson.

Uhhhhhhh fuck that take Sarich or Guenin out and let them stew a little while. Total liabilities the last few games.

Quick

Banned
It's kind of funny too because youth soccer is gigantic in the US. I played youth soccer. But watching it is just so fucking dull.

He gets the ball.

Holds it!

Holds it!

Holds it!

He gave NO fucks!

NO FUCKS, lads!

He absolutely rifled that fuck he didn't give!

Socreges

Banned
It's kind of funny too because youth soccer is gigantic in the US. I played youth soccer. But watching it is just so fucking dull.
Because the parents and the culture around them don't pay any attention to the sport. They just put their kids in it for the recreation quota. It's too bad.

Sanjuro

Depends on the area. I grew up in a location where people were nuts about soccer. Problem for me is there was no local team to root for or a national league where there was enough popularity for me to give a shit.

I was forced to play it, ended up hating it. My area in Massachusetts on a broad scale is a hockey/baseball region.

The premier league is good.

ehhhh

Acid08

Banned
Depends on the area. I grew up in a location where people were nuts about soccer. Problem for me is there was no local team to root for or a national league where there was enough popularity for me to give a shit.

I was forced to play it, ended up hating it. My area in Massachusetts on a broad scale is a hockey/baseball region.

ehhhh
Ah yeah I can see that. The Bay Area is predominantly baseball and basketball in schools. Soccer is big with kids. Football is also big but it doesn't permeate out culture like it does in a place like Texas. Hockey has a presence but it isn't nearly as big as everything else. It's getting bigger though.

I really wanted to play hockey but my parents just couldn't afford the costs so soccer was it.

ZeroGravity

I wasn't aware one word responses were a bannable offense now
I was nailed for the exact same thing a couple years ago. Was an obvious troll thread on the gaming side, posted a simple "No" in disagreement because I didn't think the thread warranted an actual intelligent, well-reasoned reply...three day ban.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I was traveling today and only just now catching up on highlights, but oh man was that Kreider goal funny. He really needed it, though. Had been in a bit of a slump over the last couple of weeks.

Zuccarello is still the man. The tiny, tiny man, but the man nonetheless.

The team seriously plays flat out differently in front of Cam Talbot than they do in front of Hank. It's really noticeable.

Only took EIGHT games, but we finally got a regulation win in this homestand!

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Haha 20 dummies gone on the first two pages.

Unreal.

thats how you curb shitposting though. Let them rot.

I couldn't care less about Zelda games (no offense, Zelda fans) but i clicked that thread to see what the guy's point was and just got a huge list of one word "Nos"

Thats the kind of stuff you see all the time on Gaf's favorite site to hate, Reddit.

Socreges

Banned
Champions League, Euro Cup, and World Cup are the only things worth watching in soccer.
Plus BPL, Europa League, La Liga, Bundesliga, and even the occasional MLS game*. I've got friends that watch Brazil Serie A, but I find it too chaotic and inconsistent.

There is so much quality soccer worth watching. The problem is that certain leagues and competitions can be hard to follow because we either get to watch select games at ridiculous hours or the games aren't available at all. There are also no channels that show highlights or discuss games/players. This is slowly changing in Canada as there are more channels and more hours to fill. That said, we completely lost access to La Liga a couple years ago whereas before we'd at least get Barcelona/Madrid matches.

* fun live, but can be too frustrating to watch on TV if you're accustomed to watching much higher quality soccer

All I do is watch the Premier League. Prove me wrong.

YOU'RE A DAMNED LIAR ACID.

Some of those people actually said no and then posted an example of worse. Why the fuck is that bannable?

I wasn't aware one word responses were a bannable offense now

Yeah. seems new things are bannable each week.

They should take up the other SA rules against shitposts (just not in established community threads).

Reading any big gaming event thread is a god damn mess of shitposting.

No. GAF doesn't need to be anything like SA.

Don't be so sure. Paywalls might be able to keep the site up during minor gaming news events.

LOL.

Plus BPL, Europa League, La Liga, Bundesliga, and even the occasional MLS game*. I've got friends that watch Brazil Serie A, but I find it too chaotic and inconsistent.

There is so much quality soccer worth watching. The problem is that certain leagues and competitions can be hard to follow because we either get to watch select games at ridiculous hours or the games aren't available at all. There are also no channels that show highlights or discuss games/players. This is slowly changing in Canada as there are more channels and more hours to fill.

* fun live, but can be too frustrating to watch on TV if you're accustomed to watching much higher quality soccer

It's hilarious honestly to see hockey fans ignore soccer for the same bullshit reasons most Americans use to not watch hockey.

They had really good soft pretzels at that stadium.

Reminds me of ice cream nachos in the box seats at Comiskey. Mmmmm.

And sure, kingslunk. If you're a fan of watching teams that are bad at the sport they play.

Somehow doubting that because you'd be all over the Leafs if you were.

Top Bottom