• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

Cake Boss

Banned
The rumor now is that

Michalek + Gryballs

For Delzotto and a cap dump.

Kind of sucks because I thought Michalek has been pretty good lately and returning to form. Would not surprise me if ge starts to tear it up in NY and earns himself a huge contract.

calder

Oh great, back-to-back on the road and now we're going to get a post coaching tantrum effort from the Oilers. Shame they couldn't have won on Saturday vs the Blues so the whole city of Edmonton wasn't taking a random Monday nighter as a referendum on the Oilers franchise and the state of fandom in the city. ;)

Today or tomorrow is the last day to register for
Obamacare
fellow
uninsured
Americans. For those of us who can't afford it, relax! You'll still be billed anyway.

I see this a lot. The issue is, when people who can't afford it go to the ER or something and can't afford that, the costs get passed on to the rest of us via taxes.

I see this a lot. The issue is, when people who can't afford it go to the ER or something and can't afford that, the costs get passed on to the rest of us via taxes.

I literally cannot afford to pay for health insurance for the foreseeable future. It's not a matter of not wanting it, I have a gallbladder that needs to be removed and soon.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The rumor now is that

Michalek + Gryballs

For Delzotto and a cap dump.

Kind of sucks because I thought Michalek has been pretty good lately and returning to form. Would not surprise me if ge starts to tear it up in NY and earns himself a huge contract.
What are their contracts like? I'm not sure the Rangers can afford this. We're super close to the cap.

Cam Talbot starts for the second night in a row tonight.

Tabris

You guys already like hockey. Just move up to Canada where your favourite sport is more appreciated and you don't need to pay anything for healthcare :)

Heretic

I think I'm ok with this.

I literally cannot afford to pay for health insurance for the foreseeable future. It's not a matter of not wanting it, I have a gallbladder that needs to be removed and soon.

I gotcho back, yo

zedge

As a Canadian this just boggles my mind.. :/

Oh the horror!!!

We still pay less for health care than you do with all our 'taxes'. Thats such right wing scrare mongering horseshit. How many billions go to BS wars and military? smh

Var

Oh the horror!!!

We still pay less for health care than you do with all our 'taxes'. Thats such right wing scrare mongering horseshit. How many billions go to BS wars and military? smh

I would love for our tax dollars to cover nationwide health care but that isn't the way it works in scenario you quoted. That person still gets billed and since they have no way of paying it, they get screwed over and the tax payer gets screwed. My broke sister has about 5k in unpaid medical bills right now and her credit is fucked because of it.

zedge

I would love for our tax dollars to cover nationwide health care but that isn't the way it works in scenario you quoted. That person still gets billed and since they have no way of paying it, they get screwed over and the tax payer gets screwed. My broke sister has about 5k in unpaid medical bills right now and her credit is fucked because of it.

Your system is completely broken than.

As a Canadian this just boggles my mind.. :/

Oh the horror!!!

...that wasn't my point. I have no issue with taxes.

I don't like the "I can't afford healthcare but when I go to the ER, other people who can't afford paying my costs have to" thing.

Edit: what var said. The rest of us are stuck holding the bag on it.

Sanjuro

I don't like the "I can't afford healthcare but when I go to the ER, other people who can't afford paying my costs have to" thing.

Same reason I don't like the "I'm an illegal alien, but when I go to the ER it's a free buffet.". Then you have some dick politician saying how we can't give them health care either.

Come get some Romneycare then. Works for me!

Would be wonderful if the GOP didn't label the exact same thing as a terrible thing when a democrat proposes it then.

Then tell GOP politicians to stop making becoming a citizen so hard and more people might get their tax documents and numbers, Sanjuro.

zedge

Edit: what var said. The rest of us are stuck holding the bag on it.

Didnt mean you did. And if everyone is paying tax at the tax bracket for what income they make why does it mater? What your saying does not make sense to me. This is not how it works in other countries with socialized medicine. Poor people pay less tax than wealthy people.

I guess that is just a fundamental difference between us and you. You don't want to pay taxes for healthcare that would benefit people that cannot afford it? Are you not already doing this for people on welfare etc?

Sanjuro

Would be wonderful if the GOP didn't label the exact same thing as a terrible thing when a democrat proposes it then.

I'm from wacky Liberal-Land. Everything here is non cannon in the story books.

Then tell GOP politicians to stop making becoming a citizen so hard and more people might get their tax documents and numbers, Sanjuro.

That's the joke. At the same time, most of those people aren't going to rush to become citizens anyway.

Didnt mean you did. And if everyone is paying tax at the tax bracket for what income they make why does it mater? What your saying does not make sense to me. This is not how it works in other countries with socialized medicine. Poor people pay less tax than wealthy people.

I guess that is just a fundamental difference between us and you.

I would love a system like yours dude.

Sanjuro

Wasn't trying to stir up any political shit here but it's just frustrating having that in my face today.

Yeah. It can be frustrating. I had to deal with some nonsense years ago. Once Romneycare kicked in, things became much simpler. Thanks, Mitt!

I'd like to think if this was handled by a gradual state-by-state mandate it could have been accepted a bit easier, but it's foolish to think anything would work like that.

Osorio

People's ignorance on taxes and where they go in this country is mind boggling. I know someone who drove his pregnant wife to Montreal a few days before she was due because he thought medical attention is Canada was cost-free.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
People's ignorance on taxes and where they go in this country is mind boggling. I know someone who drove his pregnant wife to Montreal a few days before she was due because he thought medical attention is Canada was cost-free.

This is the funniest thing I've heard all day.

I'm actually curious how mind-boggling stupid you have to be to actually think this....

Sanjuro

:jnc

Note to Self: Researches Taxes...

Just go to H&R Block. The person there will tell you everything you need to know before his/her shift at McDonalds.

Heretic

"@PollakOnSharks: Word from #SJSharks is that Tomas Hertl will undergo surgery next week and that means he's out longer than a month."

Merry Christmas, Hertl

Love,
D. Brown

Acid08

Banned
"@PollakOnSharks: Word from #SJSharks is that Tomas Hertl will undergo surgery next week and that means he's out longer than a month."

Merry Christmas, Hertl

Love,
D. Brown
Wouldn't be surprised if he's out as long as Torres is supposed to be. ~4 months.

Fuck Dustin Brown.

Razorskin

----- ------

:lol I love medicare, and every cent I pour into it via taxes.

TUSR

Banned
CANADA IS AMAZING

noble-beaver-canada.jpg

bc-090817-olympic-hockey-jersy-full.jpg

g38270_u36266_Tommy_Douglas_younger.jpg

Edmonton is so fucked. Just really hard to watch. I went to the game a few weeks ago (vs. VAN) and it wasn't even close. VAN straight up dominated them. Then last night I see that STL beats the crap out of the them as well.

This is like 8 years without the playoffs. That must suck some serious ass.

Top Bottom