• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

kingslunk

Reminds me of ice cream nachos in the box seats at Comiskey. Mmmmm.

And sure, kingslunk. If you're a fan of watching teams that are bad at the sport they play.

Somehow doubting that because you'd be all over the Leafs if you were.

Lol I have to retract my statement. Even joking about the MLS being superior to anything is bad.

Watching MLS reminds me of watching high school football.

Alucard

Banned
All I do is watch the Premier League. Prove me wrong.

You hurt my heart, Acid. :(

Plus BPL, Europa League, La Liga, Bundesliga, and even the occasional MLS game*. I've got friends that watch Brazil Serie A, but I find it too chaotic and inconsistent.

There is so much quality soccer worth watching. The problem is that certain leagues and competitions can be hard to follow because we either get to watch select games at ridiculous hours or the games aren't available at all. There are also no channels that show highlights or discuss games/players. This is slowly changing in Canada as there are more channels and more hours to fill. That said, we completely lost access to La Liga a couple years ago whereas before we'd at least get Barcelona/Madrid matches.

* fun live, but can be too frustrating to watch on TV if you're accustomed to watching much higher quality soccer

I noticed you didn't mention the EPL. Reason?

They did some real solid off season moves.
The Ozil pick up was fantastic.

It was. still wasn't expecting the people who're stepping up to do so as much as they have been though and figured Walcott would be a bit more involved in the attack too.

Hoping we beat Chelsea tomorrow. Buddy is a Chelsea fan and he's the obnoxious guy who won't let it go for years if they win.

kingslunk

It was. still wasn't expecting the people who're stepping up to do so as much as they have been though and figured Walcott would be a bit more involved in the attack too.

Hoping we beat Chelsea tomorrow. Buddy is a Chelsea fan and he's the obnoxious guy who won't let it go for years if they win.

Yeah I know the feels. My buddy is a Chelsea fan and when they beat Bayern 2 years ago I heard about it non-stop.

Socreges

Banned
It's hilarious honestly to see hockey fans ignore soccer for the same bullshit reasons most Americans use to not watch hockey.
Hockey is difficult to follow for the uninitiated (thus, boring). Soccer is difficult to appreciate for the uninitiated (thus, boring).

Example. Probably bores most Americans until the final moments (half-back to center, back to wing, back to center), whereas the learned appreciate the passing (and trapping), Argentina reading the defense, shifting the play, finally getting behind the midfield line, before the ball even reaches the 18 yard box.

Yeah I know the feels. My buddy is a Chelsea fan and when they beat Bayern 2 years ago I heard about it non-stop.

Oh my god he wouldn't fucking shut up about that either. Even though I couldn't give two shits that they beat Bayern.

Do you follow a PL team or just BM?

Hockey is difficult to follow for the uninitiated (thus, boring). Soccer is difficult to appreciate for the uninitiated (thus, boring).

Probably bores most Americans until the final moments (half-back to center, back to wing, back to center), whereas the learned appreciate the passing (and trapping), Argentina reading the defense, shifting the play, finally getting behind the midfield line, before the ball even reaches the 18 yard box.

Jesus christ that was beautiful. I don't recall seeing this ever surprisingly.

kingslunk

Oh my god he wouldn't fucking shut up about that either. Even though I couldn't give two shits that they beat Bayern.

Do you follow a PL team or just BM?

Just BM. Tried following Everton a few years ago it just didn't work.

(I really enjoy good goalie play and Tim Howard kind of sparked my interested with Everton, him being on the US team and all)

Alucard

Banned
That joke's about Arsenal. :p

I am alone in my cheering for Liverpool, aren't I :(

Yes. Stevie Gerrard is DONE, son.

Arsenal are the young upstarts you gotta watch out for.

Acid, Arsenal plays at 3pm tomorrow. LOL. Still a good joke, though...can't remember...is that joke from the IT Crowd?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Acid, Arsenal plays at 3pm tomorrow. LOL. Still a good joke, though...can't remember...is that joke from the IT Crowd?

GERRARD WILL NEVER BE DONE SHUT UP :'(

Socreges

Banned
Can Americans even watch the Arsenal/Chelsea game tomorrow? Would they need a special cable package (ie, ESPN8)?

That joke's about Arsenal. :p

I am alone in my cheering for Liverpool, aren't I :(
I'll cheer for Suarez. Partly because he's incredibly exciting and partly because so many people (justly) hate him.

Acid08

Banned

The thing about Arsenal is, they always try to walk it in.

Acid08

Banned
Can Americans even watch the Arsenal/Chelsea game tomorrow? Would they need a special cable package (ie, ESPN8)?
We can do whatever we want.

cryingeagle.gif

Optimism about Arsenal seems weird. Even as a fan.

stop. :(

GERRARD WILL NEVER BE DONE SHUT UP :'(

SMELLY YOU ALREADY SAID YOU BARELY FOLLOW THEM.

I'll cheer for Suarez. Partly because he's incredibly exciting and partly because so many people (justly) hate him.

I believe it's on NBCSN. On basic cable.

Apparently over 5m people from the US tuned into the first two weeks of them airing EPL games this year. They just started doing so this season.

Suarez is a piece of shit.

Smiley90

Optimism about Arsenal seems weird. Even as a fan.

stop. :(

SMELLY YOU ALREADY SAID YOU BARELY FOLLOW THEM.

I believe it's on NBCSN. On basic cable.

Apparently over 5m people from the US tuned into the first two weeks of them airing EPL games this year. They just started doing so.

Suarez is a piece of Shir.

I do, but Gerrard is special. He's my favourite soccer player.

Smiley90

What is this commie-talk shit

Seriously, though. Have a buddy from BC and he spells it favorite. I don't get people from BC.

Learned British english in high school. Some stuff sticks, especially when people don't correct you (such is the color/colour thing in Canada) Lost most of the pronunciation, though.

Socreges

Banned
What is this commie-talk shit

Seriously, though. Have a buddy from BC and he spells it favorite. I don't get people from BC.
I've actually noticed that uni/college educated people (in BC) spell it properly and those without degrees tend to spell it the American way. Not sure what that's about.

Learned British english in high school. Some stuff sticks, especially when people don't correct you (such is the color/colour thing in Canada) Lost most of the pronunciation, though.

Ah. Actually, he grew up in Texas now that I think about it and has Dhaka citizenship. That probably has something to do with it. :lol

I've actually noticed that uni/college educated people (in BC) spell it properly and those without degrees tend to spell it the American way. Not sure what that's about.

Easy there, Mike. Next you'll be telling us about the merits of SA.

Speaking of spellings, apparently gray is supposed to be the american-english spelling and grey is the british-english spelling?

I have ALWAYS spelled it grey and so do quite a few other people I've asked. I never even had a teacher or professor correct me on it. A friend pointed it out.

Weird.

Socreges

Banned
I'm not being elitist. Just presenting a theory based on observations and common sense (you write more papers in post-secondary). I didn't even make it out of grade 10, myself. Thus I write color and favorite, despite knowing better.

Did I open the wrong thread?

Door's that way, beez

I'm not being elitist. Just presenting a theory based on observations and common sense (you write more papers in post-secondary). I didn't even make it out of grade 10, myself. Thus I write color and favorite, despite knowing better.

I was just giving you a hard time. I never would have guessed you didn't make it past that, however.

f a v o u r i t e

s h u t u p t u s r

Solo

Ahhhhhh. Finally all moved and have internet access back. With Bell now too so Ill finally get to see some more Habs games.

Curufinwe

It's on NBC Sports Newtork which is pretty standard. The quality of coverage is great now compared to when it was on Fox Soccer Channel.

I don't support a team since Blackburn went down, but I do play the FPL which means I have some interest in almost very match. Got Ozil, Ramsey and Hazard in today's game.

Osorio

It's on NBC Sports Newtork which is pretty standard. The quality of coverage is great now compared to when it was on Fox Soccer Channel.

I don't support a team since Blackburn went down, but I do play the FPL which means I have some interest in almost very match. Got Ozil, Ramsey and Hazard in today's game.

Blackburn has the best crest. The kind of crest I'd get a tat of.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Oh geez Bodie.

Hahaha Crosby being a little bitch.

"I didn't even hit anybody"

*shows clip of him hitting Kadri from behind.

Top Bottom