• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

Acid08

Banned
SHARKS WIN

tumblr_lz3ls0u8pk1rp784so1_400_zps9372a2af.gif

Six in a row! GG Leafs-Age.

Ledddddddyyyyyy!!!!

Do you think they'll win if they score more goals than Dallas by the end of the game?

My whole point was that they are ridiculous at coming back in the third. I wasn't being that obvious. :p

Edit: Though they don't even need the 3rd apparently.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Lehtonen, what are you doing, Lehtonen, staaaaaaaaaaaaahp

Shots are 32-11 for the hawks, holy shit :lol

Cactus

Banned
On paper, this year's Leafs team is way better than Ron Wilson's Leafs.

So why the hell are Carlyle's Leafs getting outshot so badly every single game? Why do the D-men look lost in their own zone so often? Why do they always go into shitty defensive shell pseudo-PK mode whenever they're up by a couple of goals?

Statistically, the 2013-14 Leafs team hasn't outperformed the 2011-12 Leafs, which is amazing considering that this roster (goaltending in particular) is so much better. If the Leafs weren't getting exceptional goaltending, they'd be near the bottom of the standings.

The main issue seems to be that the coach is an idiot. His defensive system is a joke. His roster management is fucking terrible. His philosophy is idiotic (yeah, limiting high quality chances is a noble goal, but ultimately meaningless if (a) the Leafs give up 40 shots/80 attempts a game and (b) the goalie isn't perfect every night. Our best possession players are being traded (Mac, Grabo, Kulemin soon) while possession black holes like Bozak are playing 23 minutes a game. Having the puck less = opponent having the puck more = more shots against = more goals against = more losses. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

Gardiner is being dicked around, Fraser is getting playing time over Rielly, Colton Orr gets shifts with Kadri. It's all too much.

/rant

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
On paper, this year's Leafs team is way better than Ron Wilson's Leafs.

So why the hell are Carlyle's Leafs getting outshot so badly every single game? Why do the D-men look lost in their own zone so often? Why do they always go into shitty defensive shell pseudo-PK mode whenever they're up by a couple of goals?

Statistically, the 2013-14 Leafs team hasn't outperformed the 2011-12 Leafs, which is amazing considering that this roster (goaltending in particular) is so much better. If the Leafs weren't getting exceptional goaltending, they'd be near the bottom of the standings.

The main issue seems to be that the coach is an idiot. His defensive system is a joke. His roster management is fucking terrible. His philosophy is idiotic (yeah, limiting high quality chances is a noble goal, but ultimately meaningless if (a) the Leafs give up 40 shots/80 attempts a game and (b) the goalie isn't perfect every night. Our best possession players are being traded (Mac, Grabo, Kulemin soon) while possession black holes like Bozak are playing 23 minutes a game. Gardiner is being dicked around, Fraser is getting playing time over Rielly, Colton Orr gets shifts with Kadri. It's all too much.

/rant

All the people are saying 'give him more time, he's only been coach for less than 100 games'

Where does the slack end? 200 games? Missing the playoffs NEXT year?

What coach is available to make best use of these slackers? How long would it take for dividends to start paying off IF there is a change behind the bench?

Additionally, we already got Clarkson, who is supposedly the 'Carlyle' mold and Fraser and Orr and Mclaren.

Fuck...FIRE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVERYONE!

This dude on my floor is wasted put of his mind. Knocks on the door, breath reeks like alcohol.

"Hey, bro. You a gamer?"
"Kinda. I play once in a while."
"Cool, what're you playing?"
"Nothing. watching the Hawks."
"Oh, cool. How're they doing?"
"Alright. Tied 3-3."
"Oh cool. I play runescape."
"Oh, do you?"
"Yeah, I'm a pretty high player on there. I watch the stock market and stuff."
"Cool. I'm probably going to go to sleep."
"Alright, later dude."

Then pats me on the back and walks away. Wtf.

Silexx

Didn't you trade your 1st round pick for Ryan? So you need to cheer so the pick you gave up isn't high.

Sorry, I guess my post was a little cryptic. I meant that I don't know why I'm bothering posting about a game already in the late third when the thread has already been all about the Leafs - Sharks game.

I think I'm the one in Sens-gaf who hasn't given up on the season yet.

This dude on my floor is wasted put of his mind. Knocks on the door, breath reeks like alcohol.

"Hey, bro. You a gamer?"
"Kinda. I play once in a while."
"Cool, what're you playing?"
"Nothing. watching the Hawks."
"Oh, cool. How're they doing?"
"Alright. Tied 3-3."
"Oh cool. I play runescape."
"Oh, do you?"
"Yeah, I'm a pretty high player on there. I watch the stock market and stuff."
"Cool. I'm probably going to go to sleep."
"Alright, later dude."

Then pats me on the back and walks away. Wtf.

He wants the D

Sorry, I guess my post was a little cryptic. I meant that I don't know why I'm bothering posting about a game already in the late third when the thread has already been all about the Leafs - Sharks game.

I think I'm the one in Sens-gaf who hasn't given up on the season yet.

Gotcha, I'll still post too when there are no other Avs fans posting during a game. Though that has only happened once this season.

Top Bottom