• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

Marvie_3

Banned
Watch the Wild lose again

or play halo 5

decisions, decisions

Speaking of, I had three eight year old kids at work talking shit all day about how much the Wild are shitting the bed. One of them is a Leafs fan, the other two are Blackhawks fans.

The things I put up with.
You work with wsox?

zroid

Banned
It's 2-2 with our crappy backup tender in on the second half of a back-to-back on the road against a Top 5 team in the league.

if you think what you're seeing here is acceptable for any team that isn't in the lottery race then you're beyond help

Montresor

Same old Leafs. Something is toxic with this organization. Year after year we get outshot horrendously and skate by on underserved success early on until our true colours show and we collapse monumentally.

LevelNth

Banned
if you think what you're seeing here is acceptable for any team that isn't in the lottery race then you're beyond help
Meh. This is the Leafs right now, and they're in the midst of a slump. Gotta take whatever points we can get, especially on this road trip.

Hopefully we still have a chance here for some.

You work with wsox?
ibdooohctzax.gif

Minnesota Mumps.
Wild are really being destroyed by injuries/sickness/whatever this season and for a bit I was looking to use that as an excuse.

But half the team looks like shit on a nightly basis. Just terrible.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Jeez the Lightning are killing us out there. Only a matter of time before they get another goal. We can't get out of the zone and Stamkos already has a SHIT ton of shots against us and they threw 31 freakin shots against us already.

Montresor

Oh god it's tied? I thought Toronto was losing 3-2. It feels like they should be losing 5-2.

I don't even think I will care if Toronto wins. You cant hope for any long-term success when you keep winning off so many desperate, lazy, underserved, garbage efforts.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Nice deflection from Hayes.

One thing that's been great lately is that when Lundqvist fucks up, the team has been able to go out there and bail him out. It's happened a few times now in this winning streak.

zroid

Banned
Same old Leafs. Something is toxic with this organization. Year after year we get outshot horrendously and skate by on underserved success early on until our true colours show and we collapse monumentally.

the funny thing is they didn't actually get outshot that badly before Carlyle came in. Wilson's last year was bad but before that their biggest problems were in net.

Carlyle is the most toxic thing about the org, and Nonis is a close second. the 2013 offseason is going to hurt this team for years to come.

LevelNth

Banned
the funny thing is they didn't actually get outshot that badly before Carlyle came in. Wilson's last year was bad but before that their biggest problems were in net.

Carlyle is the most toxic thing about the org, and Nonis is a close second. the 2013 offseason is going to hurt this team for years to come.
Except for BERNIER BERNIER BERNIER

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Leafs were playing end to end hockey with wilson, which tends to give much higher quality scoring chances... it will make most goalies look bad

So even though the shots against were lower, the relative chances to score were much higher

zroid

Banned
Except for BERNIER BERNIER BERNIER

Agreed, the one good thing they did

Leafs were playing end to end hockey with wilson, which tends to give much higher quality scoring chances... it will make most goalies look bad

So even though the shots against were lower, the relative chances to score were much higher

The scoring chances they've been giving up under Carlyle look pretty fuckin' high quality. There's just more of them.

Montresor

Hopefully this post isn't too cumbersome or too big. I thought the brief positivity at the beginning and the quick descent into panic and anger was funny.

Nazem Godri

Damnit guess carlyle isnt being fired tonight

That Kadri pass was gorgeousssssssssssssssss

That pass was a thing of beauty

LUPULLLLLLLLLLL

Tampa being torn up. Omg Bozak and Lupul... God yes!

Leafs gonna Leaf?

Tampa still got this

Leafs

2 shots

2 goals

LUPES

BUILDING UP TO DAT LATE GAME COLLAPSE

Dat shooting %

You gotta make those shots count lol

Leafs got this man. Reimer looks sharp tonight.

shots 4-11
Tampa of course

lol "you can't complain about that if you're a leafs fan"

buuuut they haven't had a shot since the powerplay

that was 9 minutes into the first

lol shots 15-4

why do i even bother checking

I'm on #tanknation for the Leafs.

This shit just gets embarrassing after awhile.

Shots are 21-4 for Tampa. This team is broken. Fire someone. Anyone. The coach. My Captain. The Mascot. The janitor. Someone must pay and suffer for this god dammit.

21-4? ayy lmao

we have gone 20 minutes without a shot

... 20 minutes!!

Oh Leafs already fucked up.

Top Bottom