• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Lol Rutherford finally sent Sprong back to the Q

From what I understand he wasn't getting playtime on the pens anyway, so.....
Prematurely keeps prospect on roster, calls out coach for not playing him, fires said coach, then sends him back to junior.

Good job, good effort. What a terrible GM.

calder

Saw Star Wars last night. Really like it; thought it was about as good as could be considering the various narrative threads it had to pull together and start up again.

But fuck me 3D is the worst. When is that shit going to die? I prefer the VIP theaters but they only show 3D, so I get a faded kinda shitty washed out image the whole movie in exchange for an occasional "huh that depth of field effect was mildly effective for 3 seconds there" shot. All so they can charge an extra $3, what a travesty.

Edit: but I would pay a shocking amount for a good First Order blaster replica so I could carry it around with me at home. Damn those look slick. The First Order tie fighters are also dead sexy, and the sleeker new x-wings looked great.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Saw Star Wars last night. Really like it; thought it was about as good as could be considering the various narrative threads it had to pull together and start up again.

But fuck me 3D is the worst. When is that shit going to die? I prefer the VIP theaters but they only show 3D, so I get a faded kinda shitty washed out image the whole movie in exchange for an occasional "huh that depth of field effect was mildly effective for 3 seconds there" shot. All so they can charge an extra $3, what a travesty.

Yeah I had to do 3D too, added nothing to the movie except some ghosting.

The Warcraft trailer on the other hand, I don't know why, maybe because it was the first 3D trailer, but that shit was legitimately disorienting me. I had to sit very close to the front too, and those orcs and shit were like right in front of my face the entire trailer.

zroid

Banned
The WJC exhibition games have started btw, Canada vs Belarus is on right now

I'll post the OT probably on the 25th or 26th

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Edit: but I would pay a shocking amount for a good First Order blaster replica so I could carry it around with me at home. Damn those look slick. The First Order tie fighters are also dead sexy, and the sleeker new x-wings looked great.

3D can work but realistically not many movies last I heard that actually film in 3D and not just add it later to charge more.

Avatar after all these years is still the best 3D movie I've ever seen and you could see it was built into it, not added afterwards.

Oddly enough Jackass 3D is the second best I've seen cause again they filmed in 3D and didn't add it later.

Cake Boss

Banned
Watching the HarperLand vs Belarus game and it feels like I have been watching Brayden Point for 5 seasons now at this tourney. How is he still not 20 years old.

Cake Boss

Banned
So far at this exhibition game the players that have impressed me are Hickett, Marner, Koneckny and Point. (Chabotsson looks good too)

zroid

Banned
lol that "slashing" penalty to Marner

apparently skating by someone and your stick brushing past them is a slash now

Cake Boss

Banned
Lol at the Belarus trainer. Get your ass to your I jured player. The fuck you waiting for.

The famous Belarus health care at work here.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

Yup, 3D is the shits. Glad I saw it regular.

Velcro Fly

Really testing the limit of how much these Buffalo fans can boo

If they ever win the Cup at home they are ready for Gary Bettman

Have to question why Girgensons would be a top 3 shooter in the shootout when he's been struggling to do anything offensively this season.

The reaction to Pat Kane has been hilarious at least.

And that mess at the end of the third was Ristolainen's first penalty all season...

zroid

Banned
Apparently St. Louis is hosting an outdoor viewing party for the upcoming Blues/Leafs game at a local skating rink

I guess that's a good way to distract people from having to watch the Maple Leafs

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I really should have gone to see Star Wars again last night instead of watching that game. John Boyega showed up at the theater I would have gone to. :D

Stamcock in jeopary? Or will the Cock be too tempting?

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightning/stamkos-i-want-to-stay-with-lightning/2258457

The superstar center, in the final year of his current contract, wants to stay with the Lightning long-term, and believes an extension can still be worked out. Stamkos, 25, denies any rumored rift with coach Jon Cooper, and says both his representatives at Newport Sports and the Lightning are "definitely still talking."

"Like I've always said, I envision myself winning a championship here and want to do that," Stamkos told the Tampa Bay Times Saturday. "Obviously we got close last year, and I'm the captain of this team and I want to be that leader."

Stamkos understands why Lightning fans are concerned. After all, Stamkos said at last year's All-Star game in January that the plan was to sign a long-term deal with the Lightning one year from free agency, much like Blackhawks stars Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews did in 2014. General manager Steve Yzerman said in June his "No. 1 priority" over the summer was to get a long-term deal done with Stamkos.

Yet, still, there's no deal.

"That was obviously the hope, it hasn't gotten done," Stamkos said. "But there has been a lot of situations in the past where guys have signed later in the season and this isn't the first time, even (Kings center Anze) Kopitar is going through it this year. It's not the first time someone in my position has been unsigned at this point in the season. Obviously we'll see what happens."

One highly speculated reason for the contract holdup is an alleged rift between Stamkos and coach Jon Cooper. It began when Stamkos was moved to right wing during the playoffs, and continued to pick up steam after Cooper got his contract extension earlier this month. James Mirtle of the Globe and Mail wrote this week that Stamkos is likely to bolt in free agency because of his issues with Cooper.

"That's false too," Stamkos said. "That's the thing. There's been so many different articles written about Coop and I. How do they know what's going on in the room? A lot of it is speculation, a lot of it is a story that needs something to make it seem legit, there needs to be a reason (he's still unsigned). Why no one has had any concrete stuff is because there hasn't been anything to talk about..

"I think obviously the people who know me and are close to the situation know what's true and what's not true."

zroid

Banned
Pretty interested to see McCarron, if the offence translates to the NHL then at his size he could be a special player

Top Bottom