• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

So you missed that Kave (EDIT: Kuro, actually, not Kave.) and Quick said the same thing about the Jets prior? "FUCK DA JETS" or something similar before I even posted about the game? Nice.

I was at the Jets game tonight and have just gotten home now and thus I shall respond to such accusations with:

Are you Mike Works?

I'm not sorry that my opinion forced you and some other Leaf fans to resort to bashing my city, it just shows how little you have to argue with in regards to an actual team. Ok, I'll go full Soc on you and post a bible of stuff to get up to your level of "Discourse".

The fact is that the Winnipeg Jets fucking thrashed (Ha!) your team tonight. Your team, who spent FIFTY FUCKING MILLION DOLLARS on a coach, not to mention recruiting a bunch of other notable front office guys this past summer, but basically did nil to improve the on-ice product. You shipped off one of the only decent talents that you even had for basically nothing. You're left with a Captain who is more notable for his bad contract than any type of play that he does, a goalie situation that is schizophrenic, A supposed future hall of famer (If the Toronto Globe & Mail is to be believed) in Nazem Kadri (Who bounced off Myers quite nicely tonight, I might add.) and the rest of a team who has the identity of Rob Ford at 4am on a Saturday night.

BUT BUT BUT REBUILD!

Sure, I've been hearing this for years from fucking Sportsnet, TSN and CBC. Saying how much depth (Where's Manics and Forza these days?) they have and whatever. Reimer is the goalie of the futu- oh wait, he's gonna be traded to Winnipeg for no other reason other than he's from Manitoba, never mind that he's no better than Pavelec, so why the fuck would we even trade for someone of the same mediocrity? Bernier? Well, that was top news today of him being demoted. Sure loved all the media going on and on and on about that piece of non-news. Sparks? lol ok, He shut out Edmonton. Plan the parade. The Jets exposed him as yet another average goalie in the Leafs system.

Christ, your team doesn't even have anyone who could fight with our tough guys, Thorburn or Peluso, so Peluso was so bored he scored his first goal in ages against you? Maybe Phaneuf could have tried to fight Ladd again but he would have just embarrassed himself further with his joke of a team.

You want to talk playoff appearances? Sure, you've had more recently, and we never have won a game with this new franchise yet, but our games were close and entertaining. Your husk of a team was up FOUR TO ONE and fucked it up in the most colossal failure possible for them. I'd sooner have some close games and lose like we did than how you guys blew up. Never mind that the Leafs haven't been a playoff relative team in my eyes since 1993. That was the last time they had any chance of winning the Cup, and guess what? The better Canadian original six team won in the end anyway.

The Leafs and their bunch of fans who have resigned themselves to losing are nothing more than the dregs of sport fandom. How the hell can you cheer for your team to LOSE? It's absolutely pathetic.

THE TANK! (Nice Avatar, BTW.)

lol

I'm not delusional, I know it will take time for the Jets to improve, but that's been the goal all along since we got the team here, 5 years ago. You don't see us losing on purpose to get a better draft pick. We've drafted superbly in the past 5 years (Scheifele, Trouba, Morrisey, Ehlers, and Connor) and the mentioned players there have become or will likely all be solid players in the NHL in the years to come. Not to mention, our future goalies like Connor Hellebuyck (You may have heard of him, he's beaten a couple of NHL teams already. Well, ONE NHL team. The other one was more of an AHL squad.)

The point is this:

The Winnipeg Jets will win a Stanley Cup before the Toronto Maple Leafs do. I'm not giving any time frame, just that we will win one long before Toronto will.

But please, continue to attack my city, myself personally, and call me a dipshit. I can understand, being a Leafs fan, you're used to continual mediocrity, and are touchy when someone questions the direction of your allmighty franchise. Because I sure as hell know that you don't have the on-ice product to keep you occupied.

IN OTHER NEWS:

I met Dale Hawerchuk today, and he was awesome. One of my childhood heroes from the original Jets and a true class act. I wish they never traded him to Buffalo. (Any Buffalo fans have any memories of him after he came there?)

For posterity.

PEdrCwd.png

Edit: My vote is: NHL January 2016 |OT| New year, same Oilers

yyzjohn

Banned
^ That long ass post. Lmao

I admit I laughed at the line "Ok, I'll go full Soc on you"

Edit: Not liking this Nylander shit with the junior tournament. Shouldn't the Leafs have a say here and be able to pull him out if he's having concussion issues? This is their asset we're talking about. Sweden was scheduled to have a press conference about Nylander and then abruptly cancelled it.

Went to this bar yesterday for all you eat wings and the Leafs game was on. While we really didn't need to win that one for the pick, it was nice to see many people there get pumped up and genuinely cheer for the shootout win :') plus Pens salt is the best salt coming from my sister :3

On year in review lists, I didn't really listen to a lot of new music this year; what I did was more of the same (Adele, Stray from the Path, etc). How To Pimp A Butterfly was so damn good though. I don't even listen to that much rap/hip-hop but this year for my tastes was pretty good! New Dr. Dre, new Drake, new D'Angelo even. But only Kendrick could get many multiple complete repeat listens out of me - because his album demands it but makes use of every moment.

I could go with Title Fight's Hyperview as well. I haven't listened to more of their stuff but Hyperview is like a pop punkier My Bloody Valentine with more discernible lyrics. Hyperview is a bit more digestible in bursts, or can be taken as a whole with no issue.

yyzjohn

Banned
Went to this bar yesterday for all you eat wings and the Leafs game was on. While we really didn't need to win that one for the pick, it was nice to see many people there get pumped up and genuinely cheer for the shootout win :') plus Pens salt is the best salt coming from my sister :3

On year in review lists, I didn't really listen to a lot of new music this year; what I did was more of the same (Adele, Stray from the Path, etc). How To Pimp A Butterfly was so damn good though. I don't even listen to that much rap/hip-hop but this year for my tastes was pretty good! New Dr. Dre, new Drake, new D'Angelo even. But only Kendrick could get many multiple complete repeat listens out of me - because his album demands it but makes use of every moment.

I could go with Title Fight's Hyperview as well. I haven't listened to more of their stuff but Hyperview is like a pop punkier My Bloody Valentine with more discernible lyrics. Hyperview is a bit more digestible in bursts, or can be taken as a whole with no issue.

Leafs will solidify the tank pick post trade deadline. I can see a bunch of NHL bodies moving out in trades for picks. That will help the losses pile up.

zroid

Banned
Edit: Not liking this Nylander shit with the junior tournament. Shouldn't the Leafs have a say here and be able to pull him out if he's having concussion issues? This is their asset we're talking about. Sweden was scheduled to have a press conference about Nylander and then abruptly cancelled it.

From what I understand, they've been in contact with the Leafs about everything. At least, that's what Babcock said.

zroid

Banned
I'm finally seeing Star Wars tomorrow. Final 24 hours of avoiding spoilers.

It seemed like the day after I saw it (the first Sunday) was the day spoilers started becoming more abundant on social media, lol. I definitely wouldn't have been able to avoid them for that long. D:

good luck on the final day!

Leafs will solidify the tank pick post trade deadline. I can see a bunch of NHL bodies moving out in trades for picks. That will help the losses pile up.

Was more saying from the perspective of the conditional in the Kessel trade - here was one where the loss would have helped in multiple ways. I haven't really been paying attention to the draft class this year though; no idea what could be in the high teens/low twenties if we got the Pens 2016 first.

Praying for someone to overpay for Bozak and Pha9 #blessthismess

I'm finally seeing Star Wars tomorrow. Final 24 hours of avoiding spoilers.

Seeing it felt like being liberated, being able to browse without worrying of some errant spoiler. Have fun :)

It seemed like the day after I saw it (the first Sunday) was the day spoilers started becoming more abundant on social media, lol. I definitely wouldn't have been able to avoid them for that long. D:

good luck on the final day!

One of the few benefits to being an old fuck with a kid is that it's not too hard to pull right out of social media. Hasn't been too hard, really! It being Christmas has definitely helped. Not sure I could have done the same thing in March.

FF IX is coming to smartphones and PC

:)

Not my favorite in the series but still an awesome installment

Nice! I loved that game, felt so refreshing after the overly self-serious VIII. In hindsight my favorite of the the 3 PS FFs.

Edit: It looks great, too!

zroid

Banned
I don't know if it's just his style but Auston Matthews' hairline already looks like it's receding

could be another Getzlaf

Nice! I loved that game, felt so refreshing after the overly self-serious VIII. In hindsight my favorite of the the 3 PS FFs.

Edit: It looks great, too!

I love IX but I love the whole series and there are a few that I put ahead of it. I would still have to go with VII being my favorite PSOne FF in the mainline but TActics was the best FF game that came out on the PSOne

Damn, wanting to tank already at the halfway point?

Not necessarily for us. But this will be a welcome place for all tankers.

Cats working on a multi-year extension for GM Dale Tallon. Personally I would wait for the off-season with condition of making the playoffs. Though I'm OK with an extension.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Album of the year: To Pimp a Butterfly

I don't care if you don't like hip hop this is a fantastic music album.

Don't like it then fight me!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Movie: Mad Max or Interstellar
TV: Mad Men (followed by Hannibal and Mr.Robot
Game: Life is Strange (although I just started Rise of the Tomb Rider and I'm super impressed.
Book: House of Leaves (old but new to me)
CD: Donker Mag by Die Antwoord (also not this year)

zroid

Banned
wait, the CWHL/NWHL outdoor game isn't even being televised? and the fucking alumni game is?!

what a load of shit

Les Canadiennes de Montreal of the Canadian Women’s Hockey League and the Boston Pride of the new National Women’s Hockey League will square off in two 15-minute periods Thursday at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass. The NHL recently added the exhibition game to the schedule of events surrounding Friday’s Bridgestone Winter Classic between the Montreal Canadiens and Boston Bruins.

The shortened women’s game will be sandwiched between a Canadiens practice and a Habs-Bruins alumni game on the stadium ice Thursday afternoon. No television coverage or live online streaming is planned for the women.

“Of course we want to be on live TV and go everywhere and be seen by everyone, but we can’t ask for too much right away,” Canadiennes goaltender Charline Labonte told The Canadian Press.

``It's one of their biggest games of the year and to be included in that package is already is a good first step for the women's game.''

lol give me a break

can't even stream 30 damn minutes. that's a joke.

Movie: Mad Max
TV: Brooklyn Nine-Nine/ It's Always Sunny
Game: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006
Book: The Providence of Fire by Brian Staveley
Album: Crooks- Are We All the Same Distance Apart or Foxing- Dealer or The World is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die- Harmlessness

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Andrighetto got sent down to St Johns..

DOES this mean Gallagher Returns???

:O
110749-army-of-darkness-yeah-baby-gif-bhkf.gif

Album of the year: To Pimp a Butterfly

I don't care if you don't like hip hop this is a fantastic music album.

Don't like it then fight me!
I'll fight them with you

TPAB is one of the best albums I've ever heard, in any genre, and this year was probably one of the greatest years for hip hop / rap album releases in my entire life.

calder

Movie: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (not the best movie but damn it's my fav)
TV: The Americans (second place tie between Mad Men and Mr. Robot)
Book:The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August - Claire North
Album: Summertime '06 by Vince Staples. Not a great year for albums for me, honestly.
Game: MGS5 (I put so many hours into this game and it never became a chore unlike Witcher or Fallout4)

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Movie: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (not the best movie but damn it's my fav)
TV: The Americans (second place tie between Mad Men and Mr. Robot)
Book:The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August - Claire North
Album: Summertime '06 by Vince Staples. Not a great year for albums for me, honestly.
Game: MGS5 (I put so many hours into this game and it never became a chore unlike Witcher or Fallout4)

The first three seasons of the Americans is on sale on xbox. Was thinking of picking it up.

KingBroly

Banned

Kid's just happy to be on TV.

I think the Caps lose to Carolina tonight because the NHL clearly wants us to, since the last time we played at Carolina (10 days ago) was also a 2nd game of a back-to-back. We also played like SHIT during that game, getting outplayed in every facet of the game.

But maybe they'll surprise me again.

You know what won't be a surprise those?

Them winning the 2015-2016 Stanley Cup. It's inevitable. I have foreseen it.

*Waits for Pikma to come in and rage

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Movie: Star Wars: The Force Awakens or Inside Out
TV: Sense8
Game: Splatoon (it has its problems but I've played it for hours and hours and it's the one I go back to. Life is Strange is my runner up)
Album: errrr, I didn't buy or listen to any albums this year
Book: umm, I tend to read mainly romance novels so nothing of "significance" that I can recall.

Movie: Star Wars: The Force Awakens or Inside Out
TV: Sense8
Game: Splatoon (it has its problems but I've played it for hours and hours and it's the one I go back to. Life is Strange is my runner up)
Album: errrr, I didn't buy or listen to any albums this year
Book: umm, I tend to read mainly romance novels so nothing of "significance" that I can recall.

you don't listen to music?

Foggy

Movie: Mad Max or Bone Tomahawk
TV: Banshee
Game: Bloodborne
Album: Carpenter Brut- Ep III
Book: VHS Video Cover Art

Top Bottom