• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Watching the Flyers play with a beer in hand. I have become MultiJhonny.

Edit : I take credit for that goal

It's NYE here and we're like, 8 hours from 2016. So I just wanted to drop in and say thanks for another fantastic year crew.

I know I haven't been around much, but I miss you guys and will still be keeping space in my heart for NHL-GAF <3

Shit year for the Ducks. About time we learned to appreciate what hardship is. Ducks-age make it easier.

Here's to 2016 ya filthy animals!

Quick

Banned
NYE always puts me in a gloomy mood. I just slept through it last year.

I was invited to a party (more like a small gathering), and my family's also doing something. I might just swing by the party real quick and head back to my family.

No drinking for me at all.

It's NYE here and we're like, 8 hours from 2016. So I just wanted to drop in and say thanks for another fantastic year crew.

I know I haven't been around much, but I miss you guys and will still be keeping space in my heart for NHL-GAF <3

Shit year for the Ducks. About time we learned to appreciate what hardship is. Ducks-age make it easier.

Happy New Year, Dastardly.

Quick

Banned

Just like one of my animes.

3985.png

Clydefrog

Oi, 'appy new yea mate!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
NYE always puts me in a gloomy mood. I just slept through it last year.

I was invited to a party (more like a small gathering), and my family's also doing something. I might just swing by the party real quick and head back to my family.

No drinking for me at all.

Happy New Year, Dastardly.
NYE is the most overrated night of the year. Everyone gets wasted except it cost 3 times as much and everywhere is so crowded it's not worth it. I stopped going out for NYE a couple of years ago, myself and some friends just host parties know. It's cheap and you spend the night with people you want to be with.

Erdrick

I envy all of you able to spend time with friends later tonight. I haven't had a New Years Eve off since 2009. I'll be stuck at work until at least 1:30am. Bleh.

NYE is the most overrated night of the year. Everyone gets wasted except it cost 3 times as much and everywhere is so crowded it's not worth it. I stopped going out for NYE a couple of years ago, myself and some friends just host parties know. It's cheap and you spend the night with people you want to be with.

That's exactly the secret to NYE. A house party or a gathering and hopefully somewhere inner city so you can catch the fireworks.

Outside is... bad.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I envy all of you able to spend time with friends later tonight. I haven't had a New Years Eve off since 2009. I'll be stuck at work until at least 1:30am. Bleh.

Isnt every night in Winnipeg NYE? Get shitfaced to try and forget about where you are and what happened to you?

Posting this because I know when it released it was a big deal to a lot of you...

But I've been ranking my favourite media this year (best game, best movie etc) and I have 3 albums which were my best albums of 2015.

I don't even listen to hiphop, but I gave it a shot and loved it - Kendrick Lamar, How To Pimp A Butterfly. So well put together with just the right amount of variety, lyrical content and feels like a (I hate this word) "journey".

I keep thinking of Cake Boss every time I listen to it, too, which is a reason to page Dr Freud.

Incidentally, my best of for 2015 is:

Game: Life is Strange (runner up: Pillars of Eternity)
CD: The Dear Hunter - Vol IV, Kendrick Lamar - HTPAB and Arcane - Known/Learned
Movie: Mad Max: Fury Road (runner up: Ex Machina)
TV Show: Master of None (runners up: Daredevil and Nathan For You)
Book: I dunno how to read

Be intrigued to see what others think of their own best of 2015s.

Quick

Banned

Major key.

I only ever do house parties for NYE, or hang out with my family. In either instance, it's cheap as hell.

That's exactly the secret to NYE. A house party or a gathering and hopefully somewhere inner city so you can catch the fireworks.

Outside is... bad.

I've never been to downtown Toronto at NYE, but my friends don't really have any positive things to say about it.

Quick

Banned
Posting this because I know when it released it was a big deal to a lot of you...

But I've been ranking my favourite media this year (best game, best movie etc) and I have 3 albums which were my best albums of 2015.

I don't even listen to hiphop, but I gave it a shot and loved it - Kendrick Lamar, How To Pimp A Butterfly. So well put together with just the right amount of variety, lyrical content and feels like a (I hate this word) "journey".

I keep thinking of Cake Boss every time I listen to it, too, which is a reason to page Dr Freud.

Incidentally, my best of for 2015 is:

Game: Life is Strange (runner up: Pillars of Eternity)
CD: The Dear Hunter - Vol IV, Kendrick Lamar - HTPAB and Arcane - Known/Learned
Movie: Mad Max: Fury Road (runner up: Ex Machina)
TV Show: Master of None (runners up: Daredevil and Nathan For You)
Book: I dunno how to read

Be intrigued to see what others think of their own best of 2015s.

Mine

Game: Metal Gear Solid V
Album: I can't decide among my favourites
Movie: Star Wars: The Force Awakens
TV Show: Master of None
Book: I haven't read anything of significance this year, I admit.

Quick

Banned
I always find it hard to rank which album was best for me. Gonna sound like a MySpace profile for a second, but I listen to almost everything. Too many good things came out this year.

I bought The Martian with every intention to read it before the movie came out, but I just couldn't dedicate the time to it, and it's definitely because of my attention span. Also partly because I intended to read it at work, but it just didn't work out that way.

Everyone is hog wild for the Martian. Work should understand that.

It's way too hard picking just one album, unless you listen to very little or have a narrow taste.

Pretty much why I went with three. Then decided the best based on how well they were made. The Dear Hunter is so elaborate and well done that it was hard not to give it #1.

Also the cover is amazing:

dear-hunter-rebirth-in-reprise.jpg

(Recommend the album if Indie Prog/Folk/Rock is anyones thing)

Stasis

I can't pick a definite favorite book, movie, or TV show. I loved a lot in each category. I read a lot, mostly trilogies/series. In that category maybe Old Man's War, or The Stormlight Archive, or even the Red Rising trilogy despite its YA feel. I can't remember all I've read.

Same for music. I listen to a lot of things from many different genres. Hard to pick an album. Mostly I'll have standout tracks. Discovering Jon Bellion randomly was awesome. I'd need a top ten for albums, at least. Jamie XX and Maribou State come to mind quickly. Kendrick is always boss. Rationale. Troye Sivan. Too many.

Daredevil and Jessica Jones were both pleasant surprises. I'm not a big comic/superhero guy. Mr. Robot. Master of None for me as well. The Lost Kingdom. Peaky Blinders. etc.

The Martian was excellent imo, both book and film. TFA was good. I see it more as a foundation for things to come and appreciate it that way, less so just on its own. Really liking the cast. I think Rey and Finn are going to be fun!

Game, The Witcher 3 very easily. Great year for games overall but nothing pulled me in as much.

Edit: I'll give The Dear Hunter a try Dastardly! Never heard of them.

It's just for stuff that came out this year dude :)

But, fuck, if that's what you're referring to then you certainly do endeavour to consume as much media as possible, jealous!

It's 10 pm in Tokyo and I'm just chilling wandering the streets of akihabara. Never before have I this badly not wanted a vacation to end. Not looking forward to my incredibly routine life

Line_HTX

Mad Max Fury Road for me. Alternatively I could've chosen Interstellar as well.

Daredevil was great, and I'm not a Marvel nerd either.

yyzjohn

Banned
Whatever happened to that random Jets fan who was frothing at the mouth the night the Jets beat the Leafs? I remember him saying the Leafs were the worst team in the league and didn't even belong or some shit. Looking at the standings, the Jets and Leafs are nearly identical in all stats now.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Whatever happened to that random Jets fan who was frothing at the mouth the night the Jets beat the Leafs? I remember him saying the Leafs were the worst team in the league and didn't even belong or some shit. Looking at the standings, the Jets and Leafs are nearly identical in all stats now.
Goal differential as well.

...Oilers gonna get another 1st overall this year at the rate they're going. I'd rather root for the Columbus "no salary retained" Blue Jackets than the Oil.

yyzjohn

Banned
Goal differential as well.

...Oilers gonna get another 1st overall this year at the rate they're going. I'd rather root for the Columbus "no salary retained" Blue Jackets than the Oil.

Yeah the Oilers are the last team I'd want to see Mathews go to. Hopefully McDavid gets back soon and helps those losers win a few.

Oh man, I said I was going to PM him some of his posts at the end of the season. I won't have to wait that long.

Top Bottom