• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

Solo

About time AGally gets a crack at the #1 centre job! He's been the best faceoff man all year and the kid has been beasting his past 10 or so games after having a lacklustre first 15.

I hope this sticks, not just for 10 minutes but for the next 10 years. He'll crack 60 points if he keeps going like he is, and he's still just a kid and getting better.

ryan299

Pascal Dupuis has retired from hockey bc of the blood clots. I feel bad for the guy as they really do suck. My best friend has had the same exact problem as it's just terrible to see.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dupuis finally called it quits, huh? Really sucks for him, but the writing has been on the wall that this was going to have to happen for a while now.

iLLmAtlc

my homeboy torts

Tortorella said on Saturday that he put Saad on fourth line because Saad has been struggling, but also because he wanted to spread some offensive potential across the Blue Jackets' lineup. Don't expect Saad to stay on the fourth line very long.

Cake Boss

Banned
my homeboy torts

giphy.gif

Fuck I think I am going to have to miss the Flyers-Isles game tonight since I have a meeting...

It may be for the best since Andy Mac is up and the Isles are rolling.

also Vinny has back problems for anyone who cares, which is probably no one since this isn't 2006

Curufinwe

Fuck I think I am going to have to miss the Flyers-Isles game tonight since I have a meeting...

It may be for the best since Andy Mac is up and the Isles are rolling.

It would be hard for him to do worse than LSchenn did on the top pairing in the last two games (29 CF%).

Stupid harsh Gudas suspension.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like I might get to see The Hateful Eight on Thursday, in glorious 70mm. Also, the Rangers practiced today. The only interesting things from that are:

1) No D is being called up at this point, so the Rangers are still living with just 6 D on the road in Western Canada

2)
Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie 43m 43 minutes ago

Vigneault, asked if he saw Prust spear Marchand in Saturday's Van-Bost game: "No, but I want to see it. I wonder if he sold it."

8 years right? Any plans on filling the arena up?
13 years, conditional out after 8. Second point is already happening, improving considerably from last season, ownership and management are actually competen, and a better team on the ice. Org didn't get here in 1-2 years so getting out will take time.

Quick

Banned
Projected Leafs lines vs. Devils

Holland-Kadri-Komarov
van Riemsdyk-Bozak-Parenteau
Grabner-Spaling-Winnik
Matthias-Froese-Boyes

Hunwick-Rielly
Gardiner-Phaneuf
Marincin-Polak

Sparks

Quick

Banned
New episode of "The Leaf Blueprint" is in a couple days

First one wasn't bad. Relied heavily on Shanahan talking through the whole episode though.

I'm hoping for a more 24/7-style coming up.

Were 24CH and Oil Change weekly shows? This seems more like a monthly one. Probably for the best.

zroid

Banned
Why is it so hard for the "professional analysts" to, y'know, actually do their homework regarding Kadri's supposed perimeter shot locations instead of pretending that's the reason he wasn't scoring?

Only in sports media are people paid to explicitly not do their job

trifelife

Why is it so hard for the "professional analysts" to, y'know, actually do their homework regarding Kadri's supposed perimeter shot locations instead of pretending that's the reason he wasn't scoring?

Sports media exists to create emotional narratives for the lowest common denominator.

I agree it's extremely frustrating.

It also makes me feel bad for watching sports.

Sports media has lots of parallels with Fox News.

Crap I missed it lol

Nice for one of those to not go against us for once

I was in my basement having a smoke, checking the thread to see if anything had happened. When I saw quick post Toskala I ran upstairs and rewound the stream. It was glorious. Finally it happened to someone who wasn't us.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
A guy promised me a steak dinner a couple years ago if leafs get stamkos

I want to feast! Don't let me down, steve!

Silexx

When the quiz asked who has the best shot release, I thought that if Bob picked Hoffman he'd be doing purely to pander to the audience. Sure enough, he picks Hoffman and then immediately admits he's pandering.

Can't stay mad at you Bob if you're going to be honest.

Top Bottom