• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

yyzjohn

Banned
I had no idea Kessel is on pace for 52 points.

Still lots of games left but that's not a great sign.

I have no idea why he's struggling so much. You figure the PP alone would get him points with the offensive talent on that team. If he goes an entire season like this, Pens fans/brass will start to question the trade.

I have no idea why he's struggling so much. You figure the PP alone would get him points with the offensive talent on that team. If he goes an entire season like this, Pens fans/brass will start to question the trade.
watch a pens power play and you will understand.

Pens fans shouldnt question the trade, I sure dont. We need to question what the fuck mike johnston is doing, and where the fuck is sid

Stasis

I was holding out for a while for the Ziegfeld to start selling tickets (because they waited for like a month or so after everybody else for some stupid reason), and when they finally did...3D. WTF?

So I'm seeing it in Battery Park instead. Curiously the only other time that I've been to that particular theater was to see J.J. Abrams' reboot of Star Trek, so I guess it all makes sense.

Just seeing this now. You know what's amusing? The last time I went to see a film where I'm going for SW was to see... Star Trek reboot.

And for Habs fans, its walking distance from their training facility. Wooooooow! I've never thought about it before but I'm assuming that place is mobbed with people trying to get autographs and shit all the time when they drive in or out. And we go to that area pretty frequently. Maybe I should check it out.

Also, I'm going to see Jim Jefferies tomorrow. All new material. Great seats. So excite.

Good luck kingslunk. I got finals next week. You do well today and get the good juju started for NHL gaf so it'll carry on to me.

Also happy birthday 19. Avs are dirty rotten scumbags but you're a good guy.

Cake Boss

Banned
Don't throw too much shade their way when we might have one of our own in Hoffman. :p

Don't worry, our AHL dman will take that top LW spot. Why do our coaches go full dumbass mode when they hit the 1 year mark.
#sendingamessagelol

Smith had a great game yesterday, The 2nd line finally looked dangerous. I'll give him credit for that. But everything else is pure Fuckery.

CVzJ_nuUEAAGwnv.jpg

lol LeafsLunch is going to be fun today.

Quick

Banned
isn't this the second time he's done this lol. last time I think he un-favourited it because it caused a stir.

he really must be trolling at this point, either that or provoking Yzerman

I ain't even mad. If this is his way to gets Yzerman to actually get him signed, then by all means.

Just according to Stamcocku.

(Stamcocku means Stamkos in Toronto)

Don't throw too much shade their way when we might have one of our own in Hoffman. :p

In my NHL 16 Be A GM, Hoffman was an RFA holdout, and I put out an offer sheet. Ottawa didn't match it.

trifelife

I fucked up and forgot about it. Things got a little hectic for me for a little bit. Do you still wanna do it? Is that still something you're all still interested in?

I kinda think after the holidays works too if anyone has any energy left. Maybe you received something
a label maker
you want to regift? I dunno.

im of course still down or I wouldnt have asked. I'm leaving for japan on tuesday, so if we are going to do it Id like to know before then so I can know who im looking for while I'm over there.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I should start a ridiculous trade rumor for no reason.

Like, say, Rick Nash for Steven Stamkos. They both suck in the playoffs, and Nash's ridiculous contract is still less money and term than what Stamkos will get.

It makes sense if you don't really think about it!

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus Christ, this is so sick and insane to me..

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/patrick-osullivan-nhl-abuse/

My father used to beat the shit out of me.

I don’t say that to be shocking, or to get your attention. I say that because it’s just a simple fact. He would throw punches. Not like he was hitting a small child — but like he was in a bar fight with a grown man. Whenever some people hear the phrase “child abuse,” it’s very hard for them to think about what’s really happening. They imagine discipline that gets out of hand once in a while, because it’s easier that way.

Full article is at link.

I grew up with a drunk stepfather, it was bad. I know where hes coming from with the out of nowhere when hes trying to sleep shit, however that forced to train thing, jesus, daily beatings on a scale of how well you play. urrggh

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The last time I ridiculed and laughed at Leafs fans for hoping to get a high profile hockey personnel, they actually got him, so I'll just keep my mouth shut this time.

Quick

Banned
Semin on Unconditional Waivers now. He must be going back to the KHL

Gotta wonder how his mindset has been the past couple of years after Washington let him go. I can maybe understand feeling disappointed playing for Carolina, but he had a golden opportunity in Montreal that he seems to have squandered.

Red_Man

Gotta wonder how his mindset has been the past couple of years after Washington let him go. I can maybe understand feeling disappointed playing for Carolina, but he had a golden opportunity in Montreal that he seems to have squandered.
I still wish they held on to him, but apparently after being a healthy scratch he still wasn't showing up for optional practices, which is ridiculous and you can see why coaching staffs call him lazy and hate him.

If the kids get meaningful ice time, then his contract being terminated being is all good.

zroid

Banned
Semin is not the 361st or worse forward in the NHL. Arguing otherwise is ridiculous.

Unless there are some legitimate off-ice reasons for him being punted by the league, then the NHL has definitely failed on this one.

edit: like not showing up for optional practices when you're on a one year show-me deal? yeah I can buy that.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Semin is not the 361st or worse forward in the NHL. Arguing otherwise is ridiculous.

Unless there are some legitimate off-ice reasons for him being punted by the league, then the NHL has definitely failed on this one.

edit: like not showing up for optional practices when you're on a one year show-me deal? yeah I can buy that.

Gotta make way for guys like All-Star Captain John Scott.

Red_Man

Not sure how I missed this, but holy fuck I'm dying

Hoffman – who entered the game with 10 goals in his previous 10 games – was taken off the top line with Kyle Turris and Bobby Ryan in the third period. Logic would dictate that, with the game hanging in the balance, a coach would want his top offensive line playing together.
Instead, Cameron put Mark Borowiecki – who has always been a stay-at-home defenceman – up on the top line with Turris and Ryan while demoting Hoffman. It was a move that raised a lot of eyebrows around Ottawa.

That's peak Martin right there. Amazing.

Silexx

Not sure how I missed this, but holy fuck I'm dying

That's peak Martin right there. Amazing.

Right, but there's also this you failed to mention:

In the end, Hoffman – who now has 11 goals in 11 games – played the same number of shifts (17) as Mark Borowiecki – who was playing in his first NHL game as a forward. The 17 shifts represented a season-low for Hoffman and the 14:56 of ice-time was his second-lowest of the campaign.

We should also mention that Hoffman was coming off a game in New York in which he failed to register a single shot on goal and finished minus-two – so perhaps that performance was also weighing on Cameron’s mind when he thought about reducing his role in Florida.

Strangely enough, Cameron does have a little bit of ammunition in his favour when it comes to Hoffman’s limited ice time so far this season.

In the 10 games that Hoffman has played fewer than 18 minutes in a game, the Senators have a remarkable 9-0-1 record. It’s not like Hoffman has suffered offensively in those 10 games either – posting six goals, seven assists for 13 points.

Conversely, in the 10 games where Hoffman has seen the most ice time, the Sens have posted a 4-4-2 record. And his productivity has remained the same in those games too – he’s got seven goals, four assists for 11 points in the 10 games in which he’s seen the most ice.

Full article: http://www.tsn.ca/hoffman-cameron-relationship-under-the-microscope-in-ottawa-1.406622

Top Bottom