• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

The difference is that all those players contribute something to the team other than goals, and don't take nights off. Stamkos has become a huge liability away from the puck, and his effort some nights is extremely questionable. None of those players actually play with Stamkos either except on the PP, which is garbage.

Also your mistake is assuming that Stamkos is somehow still on the same level of a Toews or Kane. He's not. And he wants to be paid the same level as those guys, but hasn't won a damn thing to be deserving of it.

I'm not assuming anything about the guy - the little analysis I did was to compare his tenure/production to this group of guys whom the franchise (apparently) now values more.

But I get Tampa's vibe here. They dropped mega-coin on a guy who completely fell apart as a player as he aged. I can completely understand why a franchise would be eager to avoid a situation like that again.

lol at comparing Johnson, Palat, and Kucherov to fucking Versteeg though.

You misunderstood. I meant it in the sense of keeping secondary players at the expense of a star or 'core' player.

Razorskin

----- ------
lSAElw6.jpg

Skjei will be the first #76 in franchise history.
Good to see PK Norris influencing the youth.

I'm on mobile so I can't link to the article, but the Panthers are getting a whole new logo and jersey set next year. Colors are apparently going to be primarily red with gold accents. Blue really limited. Big stripe across the midsection like Habs jerseys.

Yay more red

THANKS MOM.

245063794_5ab866053b.jpg

IT STARTS WITH
ONE THING I DON'T KNOW WHY
IT DOESN’T EVEN MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY
KEEP THAT IN MIND, I DESIGNED THIS RHYME
TO EXPLAIN IN DUE TIME
ALL I KNOW
TIME IS A VALUABLE THING
WATCH IT FLY BY AS THE PENDULUM SWINGS
WATCH IT COUNT DOWN TO THE END OF THE DAY
THE CLOCK TICKS LIFE AWAY
IT’S SO UNREAL
DIDN’T LOOK OUT BELOW
WATCH THE TIME GO RIGHT OUT THE WINDOW
TRYING TO HOLD ON BUT DIDN’T EVEN KNOW
I WASTED IT ALL JUST TO WATCH YOU GO

I KEPT EVERYTHING INSIDE AND EVEN THOUGH I TRIED, IT ALL FELL APART
WHAT IT MEANT TO ME WILL EVENTUALLY BE A MEMORY OF A TIME WHEN...

I TRIED SO HARD
AND GOT SO FAR
BUT IN THE END
IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER
I HAD TO FALL
TO LOSE IT ALL
BUT IN THE END
IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER

ONE THING, I DON’T KNOW WHY
IT DOESN’T EVEN MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY
KEEP THAT IN MIND, I DESIGNED THIS RHYME
TO REMIND MYSELF HOW
I TRIED SO HARD
IN SPITE OF THE WAY YOU WERE MOCKING ME
ACTING LIKE I WAS PART OF YOUR PROPERTY
REMEMBERING ALL THE TIMES YOU FOUGHT WITH ME
I’M SURPRISED IT GOT SO (FAR)
THINGS AREN’T THE WAY THEY WERE BEFORE
YOU WOULDN’T EVEN RECOGNIZE ME ANYMORE
NOT THAT YOU KNEW ME BACK THEN
BUT IT ALL COMES BACK TO ME
IN THE END

YOU KEPT EVERYTHING INSIDE AND EVEN THOUGH I TRIED, IT ALL FELL APART
WHAT IT MEANT TO ME WILL EVENTUALLY BE A MEMORY OF A TIME WHEN...

I TRIED SO HARD
AND GOT SO FAR
BUT IN THE END
IT DOESN’T EVEN MATTER
I HAD TO FALL
TO LOSE IT ALL
BUT IN THE END
IT DOESN’T EVEN MATTER

I'VE PUT MY TRUST IN YOU
PUSHED AS FAR AS I CAN GO
FOR ALL THIS
THERE’S ONLY ONE THING YOU SHOULD KNOW
I'VE PUT MY TRUST IN YOU
PUSHED AS FAR AS I CAN GO
FOR ALL THIS
THERE’S ONLY ONE THING YOU SHOULD KNOW

I TRIED SO HARD
AND GOT SO FAR
BUT IN THE END
IT DOESN’T EVEN MATTER
I HAD TO FALL
TO LOSE IT ALL
BUT IN THE END
IT DOESN’T EVEN MATTER

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm on mobile so I can't link to the article, but the Panthers are getting a whole new logo and jersey set next year. Colors are apparently going to be primarily red with gold accents. Blue really limited. Big stripe across the midsection like Habs jerseys.

Yay more red

More teams should go back to random colors. Kings back to purple/yellow. Las Vegas can use pink/lime green. Quebec can use that metallic paint that changes color depending on your viewing angle.

Yay more red

Ey mane red is our OG color. Rumor is also 3rds may be 90s red jerseys with the leaping cat. Personally I'm happy that it isn't blue (again) and they are switching from the current jersey. Don't know how I feel about the logo change as the leaping cat has survived so long but it does make finding a hat or smaller item really difficult.

Marvie_3

Banned
Mark Potash ‏@MarkPotash
#Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said 36-year-old Rob Scuderi will be paired with 37-year-old Michal Rozsival.
Congrats on your 73-0 win, Avs.

Kane's streak will break but at least we'll set an unbeatable record for the slowest d-pairing of all time.

Fire Quennevhlle

Top Bottom