• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

I think it says a lot that only playoff teams put in a claim for him. Goes to show that GMs still overvalue those qualities because they think you need it to "get over the hump" or whatever.

Wild don't need Stoll to get over any proverbial hump as much as improve faceoffs, the bottom six, and the penalty kill in general. Mostly that last one. Losing Brodziak was something that has been overlooked a lot - he was always a key forward on the PK, which was a top-5 unit last year. This year the Wild are bottom 5. The system is the same, the personnel are mostly the same (outside of exchanging Kyle Brodziak for Chris Porter). PK needs some help.

Stoll won't be the big pick up that leads the team to the playoffs, but he can definitely take some time and energy penalty killing away from Koivu and Granlund, who have been doing great offensively in the top 6 but are being used a lot on the bottom six - Koivu moreso than Granlund, I suppose.

This could also allow Coyle to move back to RW, which has always been a better fit for him.

Also guarantees that Graovac, our best pro prospect not in the NHL, gets to play in Iowa. He was slotted in as a bottom 6 center but kept getting hurt. He's now healthy and needs time in the AHL. This allows him to do that without pressure to bring him up because we have nobody else as an alternative.

zroid

Banned
Stoll isn't going to improve much tbh

whatever help he gives in faceoffs he will hinder elsewhere when he's on the ice

Stoll isn't going to improve much tbh

whatever help he gives in faceoffs he will hinder elsewhere when he's on the ice

Oh he's that bad huh?

I haven't watched him at all this season. That's kind of a bummer.

EDIT: Was this talked about at all in Friedman's thoughts? :lol
Which brings us to Winnipeg. The Jets host St. Louis on Tuesday night, entering the evening five points out of the playoffs.

And it will be their first game since a mammoth Tim Campbell story where he reported on the initial contract demands of Dustin Byfuglien, Andrew Ladd and Jacob Trouba. Campbell indicated Byfuglien asked for eight years and $55M; Ladd six years and $41M; Trouba “more than” $56M over eight.

Are these guys eating meth

How on earth is Trouba asking for more than $7 million a year?

Cake Boss

Banned
Captain Ladd has asked for a six-year deal worth at least $41 million, Byfuglien is looking for an eight-year, $55-million extension, and RFA-to-be Trouba has requested upwards of $56 million over eight years.

:O

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh he's that bad huh?

I haven't watched him at all this season. That's kind of a bummer.

He hasn't been very good this year, and his Corsi and other such numbers are pretty terrible, but that's largely skewed because he's spent all season so far either 1) playing out of position or 2) playing with linemates who are playing out of position.

The very very few games where he actually played his natural position with natural wingers on both sides, he seemed to fare much much better. He just ultimately didn't really work out in the Rangers' particular mix of personnel.

General Fanager ‏@generalfanager 43m4 3 minutes ago

Wild have #24 waiver priority. Other teams that may have submitted claim for Stoll are: NYI, LAK, MTL, WSH, DAL

Socreges said:
combined which are certainly more valuable than one Stamkos.

Well, its not like Stamkos staying means they have to release all those other guys. Its more like removing Killorn + one of Johnson/Palat.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 27m 27 minutes ago
Fletcher said #mnwild talked to Stoll this summer when he chosed Rangers, so this was a second chance to grab him for just waiver fee
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 25m 25 minutes ago
I asked Fletcher if they'll mail the $3,375 waiver fee to the Rangers or just hand it to em Thursday: "Yeah, cash on delivery," said CF
So the Wild wanted him all along.

Also, douchebag Oilers making Cam Talbot sit on the bench for BOTH games against the Rangers.

Razorskin

----- ------
Ah, Fleury with potential concussion. No idea what the Penguins are looking like at this point without him.

pgrmiu0.jpg

Soon.

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?
Lol Oilers.
I guess if you can't make it out of the basement you bring the rest of the house down with you.

Kings might actually win the Pacific Division this year.

Foggy

remember when Foggy had a friend for like a week? RIP Pollux

he was better than any of these Oiler fans crawling from their crevasses.

A Sub-Zero avatar that brought much warmth. Now it's just Boomer, alone in a white void, waving as the people pass by...wondering how McDavid's clavicle is healing.

Cake Boss

Banned
CTV Ottawa ‏@ctvottawa 2m2 minutes ago
BREAKING: CTV has learned both propsals for the LeBreton Flats redevelopment have NHL caliber rinks included in their bids. #ottnews

lol basically confirms Ottawa is gonna get a downtown arena.

Top Bottom